Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #1289
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would say nitrous gets looped in with forced induction because it is a power adder. Car is not NA if it has nitrous so it gets lumped in with the forced induction power adders

I have seen well thought out arguments on both sides, lets just all agree and call it a power adder.
None of this has anything to do with the original argument. It was an example of torque converters being listed as a bolt-on even tho they technically are not bolt-ons. To repeat myself, it is like how nitrous gets included under forced induction when it is not forced induction. No amount of word spinning can change the fact that nitrous is not forced induction. Power adder? Sure. But that has nothing to do with what I said about forced induction. Does nitrous pressurize air and force it into the engine like a centri or twin screw? No. Does it blow air into the engine like a Roots/TVS? No. Does it change from vacuum to psi? No. So is it forced induction? No. It is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I'm the guy that made you bust your (did I do it right?) posting cherry apparently.
I busted about 20 Mustang troll cherries since April of last year.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #1290
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Damn you all still in here arguing? Lel
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #1291
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quiz time:
What’s the partial pressure of oxygen in a 150 shot? Higher or lower than without?
What’s the partial pressure of oxygen in a 7psi boost? Higher or lower than without?

Answer: Both are higher than NA. Both get more oxygen into the cylinder per stroke, resulting in more power. Whether you choose a belt or a bottle, the rest is symantics.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #1292
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Does nitrous pressurize the air that goes in the intake tract? Does nitrous make the widdle needle on the vacuum/pressure gauge go from vacuum to pressure? Does nitrous force air into the intake tract? Does it compress the air? Does it blow the air in?

No matter how you spin it, nitrous and all the widdle molecules are going into the engine under the engine's aspiration...vacuum...negative pressure.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:58 AM   #1293
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
If you activate a plate or direct port system at idle I guarantee you will see positive pressure on a vacuum gauge and induction will be forced...briefly
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:57 AM   #1294
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
If you activate a plate or direct port system at idle I guarantee you will see positive pressure on a vacuum gauge and induction will be forced...briefly
Is that more Mustang magic? I've never seen that happen. Do you have any proof of this happening?
Old 01-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #1295
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Wow the DA in this thread is really off. Lol. Is nitrous forced induction? That question has been fought over long before car fourms existed. It depends on what you consider forced to mean as it can take on many different rolls. While is not forcing more air into the motor by way of compression thus raising the pleum pressure, it is forced in the sense that its bottling up as much as twice the oxygen as is contained in atmosphere. So in a sense it is still forcing more air and fuel into the engine over and above what can happen in a NA motor. I've always considered it another form of forced. Does it raise pleum pressure? While I never tested it. I think that would depend on how much spray you are shooting vs how much air the motor can naturally consume. I highly doubt in most situations that you would see much increase if any. For me that isnt how is makes it another form of forced induction anyways, so at least for me it doesnt matter if it does or doesnt.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #1296
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1

I busted every mustang wannabe that’s ever pulled up beside me
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #1297
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild One View Post

I busted every mustang wannabe that’s ever pulled up beside me
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #1298
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
you forgot to capitalize Jesus Christ.
No I didn't. You forgot to capitalize you.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #1299
Wild One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
No mustang cherry busting badass
Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #1300
Wild One

That look like that
Old 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #1301
Wild One

Why do all the mustangs I come across just a lot of noise?
Must be the mindset?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #1302
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow the DA in this thread is really off. Lol. Is nitrous forced induction? That question has been fought over long before car fourms existed. It depends on what you consider forced to mean as it can take on many different rolls. While is not forcing more air into the motor by way of compression thus raising the pleum pressure, it is forced in the sense that its bottling up as much as twice the oxygen as is contained in atmosphere. So in a sense it is still forcing more air and fuel into the engine over and above what can happen in a NA motor. I've always considered it another form of forced. Does it raise pleum pressure? While I never tested it. I think that would depend on how much spray you are shooting vs how much air the motor can naturally consume. I highly doubt in most situations that you would see much increase if any. For me that isnt how is makes it another form of forced induction anyways, so at least for me it doesnt matter if it does or doesnt.
It is a chemical reaction. Nothing more. It is not forced. Forced induction implies air being forced in via mechanical route. Simply, a mechanical device is forcing enough air into the engine to pressurize the intake tract.

So for argument's sake, if the temp outside drops from 90 degrees to 15 degrees, is that considered "forced induction"? I mean, it's the same thing...more oxygen molecules due to colder air. What about a Killer Chiller system or meth injection? Those systems allow for a denser air charge. Should we consider all those to be "forced induction" as well?