Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #1443
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post

Because a motorcycle has 4 wheels and is a car in what world?

#Superbike
This thread is so bazaar I thought I would just throw it out there. Im not sure what we are even arguing about anymore. We've come full circle though to put the Vette against its little brother again.

I heard that a Mustang with bolt ons will demolish any supercar.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #1444
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldunic View Post
What is the definition of a supercar?
Linear acceleration only? I ask humbly because I really don’t know.
Its a marketing term to push luxury high performance automobiles from elite "high end" manufacturers.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #1445
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Linear acceleration and top speed have always been the main staples of defining a supercar. Superb handling has always been another staple, but actual track times is relatively new metric...and quite frankly the least relevant.

There are many reasons people purchase super-cars...and how fast they are able to lap a road course is near the bottom. Exclusivity and how they fare as a status symbol are near the top...but 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed are the metrics that the 99% care about. People don't purchase a Ferrari or Bugatti because of how fast they lap the Nurburging. Likewise, how fast Godzilla goes around VIR doesn't sell magazines, it's blistering 0-60 and 1/4 mile time does.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #1446
motorhead

Quote:
Linear acceleration and top speed have always been the main staples of defining a supercar. Superb handling has always been another staple, but actual track times is relatively new metric...and quite frankly the least relevant.

There are many reasons people purchase super-cars...and how fast they are able to lap a road course is near the bottom. Exclusivity and how they fare as a status symbol are near the top...but 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed are the metrics that the 99% care about. People don't purchase a Ferrari or Bugatti because of how fast they lap the Nurburging. Likewise, how fast Godzilla goes around VIR doesn't sell magazines, it's blistering 0-60 and 1/4 mile time does.
The capabilities of these cars very rarely have anything to do with why people purchase them. Most people that buy them would die in them if they ever attempted to find the limits of them. That's been prooven time and time again. I really dont understand what any of this has to do with the OP running an 11.84 in a stock SS.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #1447
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Is a Tesla P100D a supercar then? As I said earlier, I am not trying to be a smart ass here. So no worry.
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #1448
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The capabilities of these cars very rarely have anything to do with why people purchase them. Most people that buy them would die in them if they ever attempted to find the limits of them. That's been prooven time and time again. I really dont understand what any of this has to do with the OP running an 11.84 in a stock SS.
The capabilities are a HUGE reason people purchase them. I'm not saying they will ever use them to the limits, but their performance capabilities are what define them and make them desirable. People purchased the Bughatti Veyron because it held the production car top speed record. Sure, it would have still sold vehicles had it not, but not for the price tag they demand.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #1449
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Is a Tesla P100D a supercar then? As I said earlier, I am not trying to be a smart ass here. So no worry.
It has supercar acceleration, but being a somewhat average looking 4 door sedan really kills it from being considered.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #1450
motorhead

Quote:
The capabilities are a HUGE reason people purchase them. I'm not saying they will ever use them to the limits, but their performance capabilities are what define them and make them desirable. People purchased the Bughatti Veyron because it held the production car top speed record. Sure, it would have still sold vehicles had it not, but not for the price tag they demand.
None of which has anything to with the OP running an 11.84 in a Stock SS.

The name is what pushes rapper and ball players to buy these cars. I would be willing to bet that most dont even know or could even comprehend their capabilities. Their capabilities is just for the Marketing to justify a premium. The extremely weathly need to have things to spend their money on that reinforce their status. So companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini are there to accommodate. Its a crazy world we live in for sure. If these people were only concerned about capabilities they would be running real race cars.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #1451
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I spelled it out for you already. I'm not going to keep arguing with you and every troll that decides to come over here picking a fight over the same things. You can believe whatever you wanna believe man.
And I spelled it out to you and backed it up with data and facts. You just keep spitting the same shit without back anything up. The Z06 is faster in all aspects over the ZL1. You just wont admit it. Bye!
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #1452
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Where did you get this info? Or are you making stuff up again?

Quote:
And you know this how? Where did you get data on what pushes people to buy these cars? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
And I spelled it out to you and backed it up with data and facts. You just keep spitting the same shit without back anything up. The Z06 is faster in all aspects over the ZL1. You just wont admit it. Bye!
Cool story. Enjoy whatever the next thread is that you decide to troll.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #1453
SSfriendly
Banned

Quote:
Where did you get this info? Or are you making stuff up again?

And you know this how? Where did you get data on what pushes people to buy these cars? Just curious.

It's a little something known as common sense...unless you think that people would purchase a $400k Ferrari that is slower than an Prius. Think about all of the Car and Driver or Road and Track magazines you read when you were younger. 0-60, 1/4 mile and top speed were (and still are) the top performance metrics of supercars.

Seriously though, common knowledge man.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #1454
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Trolling is spreading misinformation. Thats something you do! I present data and facts. Not just my own warped opinion.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #1455
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
A supercar is a luxury, high-performance sports car or grand tourer. The term is used in marketing by automakers for unusual and expensive vehicles, and has been used to refer to at least four different sorts of cars:

Limited-production specials from an "elite" automaker
Standard-looking cars modified for power and performance
Models from smaller manufacturers that appeal to enthusiasts
One-of-a-kind "showcase" project vehicles built by custom car retrofitters (usually extensively modified collectible muscle cars or grand tourers updated to the latest "streetable" racing technology).
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #1456
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
2nd definition on UD would suit most of the trolls here...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=supercar
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote