Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #15
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I am glad guys have football to talk about, here in San Diego we now have baseball and maybe MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER and of course minor league hockey. The L.A. Chargers no thanks. But we still have the weather, beaches,mountains, dessert, Sea World, San Diego Zoo etc.

Oh yea the NFL Red Zone
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #16
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
First off, thanks to OP for this thread, I eat up NFL stuff like I used to in Boxing! Hope it's fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Where do you guys think Romo will go? The Houston Texans would be awesome choice ... he would have to settle for a lot less money compared to other potential teams because of that mess they have at QB right now.

The Denver Broncos are a QB away from another Superbowl with a defense that's ready to win like right now... but they have no interest in Romo according to Elway.
2 great destinations for Romo, I actually think (runs for cover) he is under rated and very good. 37 is tough and I am worried he won't hold up. Neither of those 2 teams have great O - lines. Tough spot.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #17
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
What do people think about Romo to the Jets?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #18
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
What do people think about Romo to the Jets?
No $$ to spend, poor O - line and cold? No way IMO
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #19
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
First off, thanks to OP for this thread, I eat up NFL stuff like I used to in Boxing! Hope it's fun!

2 great destinations for Romo, I actually think (runs for cover) he is under rated and very good. 37 is tough and I am worried he won't hold up. Neither of those 2 teams have great O - lines. Tough spot.
What do you think of the Golovkin vs Jacobs fight!? I can NOT wait for that, Jacobs is no joke and will be Golovkin's toughest test yet.

Also Chavez Jr. vs Canelo will be a lot better than people give credit for. Chavez Jr. is a huge puncher, I mean HUGE... I still think Canelo wins it... but still, will be a good charge!

Back to Football.

Romo has some incredible, Hall of Fame type stats (no joke) but his lack of a record in the playoffs (not entirely his fault) but he's had a very unfortunate type of career.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #20
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
No $$ to spend, poor O - line and cold? No way IMO
Your probably right, but NY loves a big name, Tony may want the big city too. In the end a combo of the offense and defenses ability will determine where he will end up.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #21
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
What do you think of the Golovkin vs Jacobs fight!? I can NOT wait for that, Jacobs is no joke and will be Golovkin's toughest test yet.

Also Chavez Jr. vs Canelo will be a lot better than people give credit for. Chavez Jr. is a huge puncher, I mean HUGE... I still think Canelo wins it... but still, will be a good charge!

Back to Football.

Romo has some incredible, Hall of Fame type stats (no joke) but his lack of a record in the playoffs (not entirely his fault) but he's had a very unfortunate type of career.
Canelo is the man!
Old 02-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #22
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Gonna be interesting to see the Pats off season moves, lots of big names on their FA list, however, with not having to worry about Chandler Jones or Jamie Collins now, plenty of cap room to play with.
With this years SB winning team being close to 50% new faces than the SB 49 Championship team just two years ago, very interesting to see what happens.
Obviously Hightower tops on the list, I would love to see Logan Ryan & Harmon stay and Butler is a restricted FA. I think Blount will stay for a fair contract, but if not, they can replace him, Long can go as well as Branch, although Branch would be nice to keep, I think they have some youth that can fill his role.
I could go either way with Sheard , but the wildcard in lots of the moves will be Garoppolo, if they hit a goldmine in draft picks for him.... all bets off on players like Sheard, Branch, Long etc...
Bennett is gone for sure, someone will overpay for him no doubt
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Dolphins sign Cameron Wake to new deal. Woohoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #24
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Just saw this speculation: JPP to the Cowboys.

Interesting. I'm sure it'll irritate the hell out of Giants fans.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #25
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I read that too, but they put a halt on it. I think they have some teams interested in a trade. Which is odd for me. Why would any team want to trade from him, if they know Miami is going to cut him anyway. I hear the Jags are stupid enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Traded Albert for Julius Thomas - Good Luck with that Head Case!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #26
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
As a long (really long...I'm old) time Cowboy fan, I think that the Cowboys should find a way to keep Romo. I've seen too many bright stars "burn-out" after that one spectacular year. Not saying this is the case with Dak. But, history has seen it happen. Think Tebow....

Concur on the injury prone...but Romo still has "it". Who knows how well he might have performed with the same OL that Dak had this year.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Traded Albert for Julius Thomas - Good Luck with that Head Case!
Um, don't think that has happened yet. But Thomas had his best years with Denver, when dolphins head coach Adam Gase was there. So who knows.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #28
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Gonna be interesting to see the Pats off season moves, lots of big names on their FA list, however, with not having to worry about Chandler Jones or Jamie Collins now, plenty of cap room to play with.
With this years SB winning team being close to 50% new faces than the SB 49 Championship team just two years ago, very interesting to see what happens.
Obviously Hightower tops on the list, I would love to see Logan Ryan & Harmon stay and Butler is a restricted FA. I think Blount will stay for a fair contract, but if not, they can replace him, Long can go as well as Branch, although Branch would be nice to keep, I think they have some youth that can fill his role.
I could go either way with Sheard , but the wildcard in lots of the moves will be Garoppolo, if they hit a goldmine in draft picks for him.... all bets off on players like Sheard, Branch, Long etc...
Bennett is gone for sure, someone will overpay for him no doubt
The Patriots just keep reloading, like you said 50% different players than SB 49. I hope that Quinn can 'hit' on the off season at the same rate as last offseason for the Lions. Solid free agent starter in WR Jones, and 4-5 starters/rotation players out of the draft. Another 2-3 offseasons like that and the Lions will have a decent team.