Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2024, 12:26 PM   #1
sanz521

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Brake Upgrades

As i get faster in my ZLE, I've been doing more reading on where to spend the money for upgrades. Im throwing everything at handling since this thing still has more HP than i know what to with.

I'm gonna do SS brake lines for sure (recommendations much appreciated). For pads and rotors so far im running all stock, and have only had to change pads. but i think my rotors are due soon, so im wondering if theres any pad and rotor combo that is worth the money. I know for example some ferodos have solid performance, and last twice as long, but also cost double OEM pads.
sanz521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 01:02 PM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Brake Fluid, too?
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 01:36 PM   #3
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
You're gonna get lots of different opinions on pads. The OE rotors are the best cost per performance option there is. I like the Ferodo DS 1.11 but I street drive my car also. Some like the more aggressive Ferodo DS3.12 which would probably not be very street friendly.

Another worthy brake upgrade is the Caddy BlackWing front brake deflectors.

I run the Spiegler lines with Endless 650 fluid.

That car also has more handling than most drivers know what to do with! haha. Keep the suspension mods to a minimum. There's zero reason to swap out every suspension link/arm except the toe rod (SPL with lockout, no poly!).

Tires, brakes, fluids, track time. Rinse and repeat!
Old 02-26-2024, 04:52 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post
You're gonna get lots of different opinions on pads. The OE rotors are the best cost per performance option there is. I like the Ferodo DS 1.11 but I street drive my car also. Some like the more aggressive Ferodo DS3.12 which would probably not be very street friendly.

That car also has more handling than most drivers know what to do with! haha. Keep the suspension mods to a minimum. There's zero reason to swap out every suspension link/arm except the toe rod (SPL with lockout, no poly!).

^ this
Factory rotor’s are stellar, it all comes down to compression, like lines, pads and fluid.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 02:18 PM   #5
sanz521

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdb95z28 View Post

Had noooo idea about the caddy brake vents. These will be a godsend in the florida heat. Also got the Spiegler Lines.

Looked at ferodo pads, and althigh they are supposed to have better bite, they're nearly triple in price. doubt ill get three times the life out of them. Maybe down the line i'll give them a try.

(also of course i changed the fluid. Currently motul 660 but going to castrol srf moving forward, seems to be the the better choice).
sanz521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 03:18 PM   #6
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanz521 View Post
As i get faster in my ZLE, I've been doing more reading on where to spend the money for upgrades. Im throwing everything at handling since this thing still has more HP than i know what to with.

I'm gonna do SS brake lines for sure (recommendations much appreciated). For pads and rotors so far im running all stock, and have only had to change pads. but i think my rotors are due soon, so im wondering if theres any pad and rotor combo that is worth the money. I know for example some ferodos have solid performance, and last twice as long, but also cost double OEM pads.
Mine are BMR/Carlyle, and Brembo
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.

Last edited by JSH; 03-01-2024 at 04:32 PM.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote