Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-31-2016, 09:21 AM   #1
AtlasGrey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0T RS
2016 Camaro 2.0T

Hey everyone Ive had my camaro since last week friday. I didnt preorder my car, i just called around to a few dealerships last week and picked up my car when it came in on the truck.
Attached Images

AtlasGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Very nice looking car...you could give us some driving impressions, if you wanted to. Most forum members are interested in how it runs through the gears and whether you think the 4 cylinder turbo is adequate or not. From what the magazine articles say, it's a blast to drive. It's a lot lighter than the other engined cars and most of the weight advantage is over the front wheels, so turn in should be pretty sharp. I'd be interested in your comments and how it compares to your previous cars.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
bigdonut

Drives: Nothing
How is the overall drive? Seems like a fun car. I still think this engine is better than getting the V6.
bigdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:04 AM   #4
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Nice score!!

How is it working out for you??
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #5
AtlasGrey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quick summary for those with ADHD
Pros
Looks amazing, instant attention grabber. People will tell you how awesome your car is.
Smooth, power curve great for daily driving. Smooth clutch. Handles well and the ride is excellent and perfect for daily driving.
Lots of features even in the base model. Hill start assist, back up camera, apply iplay, really nice navigation screen.

Cons
Definitely the biggest factor is rear visibility especially in a parking lot. I suggest just reversing into parking spaces which is super easy with rear view camera.
Uses premium gas (not a big deal)
Unusual trunk opening (may be a hassle for full sized luggage, again minor issue its a camaro not an SUV)

Overall I love this car its amazing.

Ok its absolutely a blast to drive. Super responsive, the turbo begins to spool around 2700rpm and at 3400rpm its full power. This gives it a very smooth power curve which is extremely well suited for daily driving. The car has very smooth handling despite no MRC or suspension options and feels noticeably light. The clutch is light and easy to use. Honestly the camaro is a lot quieter and handles much smoother then i was expecting so it makes a perfect daily driver.
This car just causes people to stop and stare. People constantly walk up and tell me their dream car is a camaro so its definitely an attention getter. Ive gotten at least 1 thumbs up every time ive driven the car.

Even in a base model camaro (well RS appearence package only) the car is extremely loaded.
Hill start/assist is standard.
Apply play- connect your iphone to USB and the display will show emails, texts, whatever
Rear View Camera- although its tiny and the really the best way to see out the back
Push start ignition and doors automatically unlock when you are within 5 feet of the door

So if everything is so awesome whats not so good?
Well the car's exhaust isnt really loud even with the throttle wide open and the car drives almost a little too well. Im used slightly less refined cars like eclipse/240sx/ 3series but honestly this is probably a good thing considering its my daily driver. Its just really comfy and the ride is really smooth and i was really expecting that.

Really the biggest downfall of the car is seeing out of the car. The door comes up really high on the side so the side windows are narrow and the back C-pillars are thick and the rear window is tiny. In front the instrument panel also mildly obstructs the view out the front. I can take pictures if you want. All of these factors can make reversing out of a parking spot a trick proposition especially when you are parked in between two SUVs. Fortunately rear camera is standard. However my suggestion is just reverse into parking spaces and everything is just peachy.

Trunk space although small like 10cu feet very square and well laid out so all of that space is usable. However trunk opening is a weird shape so for those who like bump in the trunk, that may be an issue. Id say 10inch subs at biggest could fit in there.
AtlasGrey is offline   Reply With Quote