Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #29
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTrap View Post
After paying for my car for two and a half weeks and not having it, it finally came Tuesday evening of this week. Now after driving it for two days I've almost totally forgotten about the dealer deceiving me about its delivery date. This thing is an absolute monster, I love it! As far as mods go, I'm thinking about maybe a cold air intake and a tune and that's about it. But, I want to take it to the track first and get some baseline numbers.
I could do cold air and a tune. Right now the option from Chevy seems okay. Plz post something if you go forward with it. I'd like to see what you decide to do.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #30
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I hate to break it to you guys but not modifying the car wears off faster than I would have hoped. I swore I did not need to with this car. I have already invested in black bow ties, New premium floor mats, tint, blacked out reflectors, Oem splash guards, LED's for trunk, tag, rear back up, Mishimoto catch can, Changed engine oil twice, rear end diff fluid, and now waiting on CAI from Chevrolet to drop, manual transmission flush, and some forged !LE size rims and tires when mine are shot! LOL

I hope you guys can resist better than me. It is an addiction.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:01 AM   #31
FlyTrap

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS 6 Spd
Weekend Spots

Just wondering if anybody knows where folks hang with their ride on Friday nights?

Last edited by FlyTrap; 02-12-2016 at 03:47 PM.
FlyTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #32
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I hate to break it to you guys but not modifying the car wears off faster than I would have hoped. I swore I did not need to with this car. I have already invested in black bow ties, New premium floor mats, tint, blacked out reflectors, Oem splash guards, LED's for trunk, tag, rear back up, Mishimoto catch can, Changed engine oil twice, rear end diff fluid, and now waiting on CAI from Chevrolet to drop, manual transmission flush, and some forged !LE size rims and tires when mine are shot! LOL

I hope you guys can resist better than me. It is an addiction.
IKR? I'll probably do LEDs and a few other things fairly soon. I am waiting to see what the after market has in the next year for CAI and a tune. I have no plans for a supercharger or turbo at this time.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #33
FlyTrap

Paint Protection and Detailing

I let my dealer talk me into the "Auto Butler Protection" product. I've seen it sold, 10 applications (once every 6 months) for as high as $899. I was able to get this plan for $450. I was skeptical, but they do the first application thrown in with the car deal. And the stuff is amazing. Like the Simix it creates a very slippery protective shield on all surfaces.

http://www.autobutler.com/dealer_page_pprotection.html

For daily detailing I was turned onto "Garage One" out of Tampa.

http://garageonepro.com/?gclid=Cj0KE...150aAmlU8P8HAQ

For me, it is better than any of the Meguiar's or other products I've ever used in the last 40+ years. The Garage One folks hold a meet and greet every Saturday morning in Tampa. Free donuts and coffee. Talk about cars and product. This months theme is Corvettes.

Last edited by FlyTrap; 02-14-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I don't think I would ever let any of my cars go through that Auto Butler machine. It's like one of the old school "touch" car washes with hundreds of brushes touching your car...no thanks.

I don't see how that could possibly clean, and apply the coating effectively.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #35
FlyTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I don't think I would ever let any of my cars go through that Auto Butler machine. It's like one of the old school "touch" car washes with hundreds of brushes touching your car...no thanks.

I don't see how that could possibly clean, and apply the coating effectively.
I hear yea, but all I can say is that the end result is pretty amazing. Granted I haven't researched it hard yet. I understand there are a lot of them. I visited another Chevy dealer and picked up these assume red stitched and embroidered Camaro Mats for the SS. Really adds a nice finishing touch to any Camaro. $140 if anyone is curious.

At the same time they pitched me on something called "Zurich Shield". Once and done for $695. Dunno but that seems high.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #36
drivingagain

I am very familiar with Auto Butler, Zillon, and other car dealership programs. Personally Nothing is once and done. Zillon was the best I had seen but it needed to be reapplied every year to 2 years to be warrantied. The trick in the consumer market is if it lasts more than a year people forget about it. Hence, why so many products come with a lifetime guarantee! If you are going to get the place in Tampa to do regular car washes I would speak to them about a coating. The best on the market are considered Ceramic coatings containing Ti02 and Si02. Basically Ti02 is a titanium dioxide that reacts to sunlight making it harder and a UV blocker. Side effects for the chemical reaction is it absorbs Carbon Dioxide and emits oxygen. So in the end the coating contains titanium dioxide and carbon dioxide. Si02 is Silicon Dioxide. Usually Si02 is used on windows as it does not last as long but Ti02 will not bond on glass very well.

I am not an expert and this is findings based on my own research.

On a side note I got the floor mats you mentioned for my car a couple weeks ago and like the look. Mine matches my interior of black and grey though. So the outside boarder is grey vs the red you have. A good product I have used for the inside is 303 Fabric treatment. It makes any fabric (I have cloth seats) water and stain proof.

Last edited by drivingagain; 02-18-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #37
FlyTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
I am very familiar with Auto Butler, Zillon, and other car dealership programs. Personally Nothing is once and done. Zillon was the best I had seen but it needed to be reapplied every year to 2 years to be warrantied. The trick in the consumer market is if it lasts more than a year people forget about it. Hence, why so many products come with a lifetime guarantee! If you are going to get the place in Tampa to do regular car washes I would speak to them about a coating. The best on the market are considered Ceramic coatings containing Ti02 and Si02. Basically Ti02 is a titanium dioxide that reacts to sunlight making it harder and a UV blocker. Side effects for the chemical reaction is it absorbs Carbon Dioxide and emits oxygen. So in the end the coating contains titanium dioxide and carbon dioxide. Si02 is Silicon Dioxide. Usually Si02 is used on windows as it does not last as long but Ti02 will not bond on glass very well.

I am not an expert and this is findings based on my own research.

On a side note I got the floor mats you mentioned for my car a couple weeks ago and like the look. Mine matches my interior of black and grey though. So the outside boarder is grey vs the red you have. A good product I have used for the inside is 303 Fabric treatment. It makes any fabric (I have cloth seats) water and stain proof.
Wow, everything you ever wanted to know and then some. Thanks great info that I definitely was not aware of. What do ya think of the " LLumar Paint Protection Film"? Wiped it down after work today and found it's first nick after only 9 days.

Last edited by FlyTrap; 02-18-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #38
drivingagain

I do not know alot about using Film. I know of Llumar tint and it is a decent product. Although the tint world is highly over rated and usually made all be the same people.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:25 AM   #39
Brad009

Cruise event at Rachel's North on Sunday 28 Feb - I drove by and parked. This was an all American muscle car event. I had a nice time and met plenty of people. Everyone was friendly, no BS. Of all the cars there, I had the only Camaro of any generation. I was surprised. My 2SS got plenty of attention and overwhelmingly positive comments. This was the first 2016 many had seen in person. Also in attendance were several Trans Ams, a 1st gen (67) convertible firebird and half a dozen vettes. At least a dozen mustangs with a few really high end show cars. A decent showing of Mopar. Lots of old school muscle cars to appreciate and plenty of modern cars too. No cover during the event, so you could go inside to use the facilities and grab a beer or take a break from the sun and see what there is to see. That was nice too. They had $5 burgers on a grill in the parking lot but there are plenty of other food options in the immediate area. I enjoyed it and will go back. This Saturday there is an event at the Hooters in Sanford. I plan on being there.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #40
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
Cruise event at Rachel's North on Sunday 28 Feb - I drove by and parked. This was an all American muscle car event. I had a nice time and met plenty of people. Everyone was friendly, no BS. Of all the cars there, I had the only Camaro of any generation. I was surprised. My 2SS got plenty of attention and overwhelmingly positive comments. This was the first 2016 many had seen in person. Also in attendance were several Trans Ams, a 1st gen (67) convertible firebird and half a dozen vettes. At least a dozen mustangs with a few really high end show cars. A decent showing of Mopar. Lots of old school muscle cars to appreciate and plenty of modern cars too. No cover during the event, so you could go inside to use the facilities and grab a beer or take a break from the sun and see what there is to see. That was nice too. They had $5 burgers on a grill in the parking lot but there are plenty of other food options in the immediate area. I enjoyed it and will go back. This Saturday there is an event at the Hooters in Sanford. I plan on being there.

Rachel's the titty joint?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #41
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Rachel's the titty joint?
Yes, that place.
You can check out cruisinorlando.com and search other sites for car shows and cruise events in the area. There are several events this weekend. There is one at Rock & Brews in Oviedo on Saturday. My previous post was in error. The cruise in at Hooters in Sandford is Sunday, not Saturday.
If you go to Cruisinorlando.com and scroll down the insert, someone posted a picture of my SS while parked at Post Time Lounge.