Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-24-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
Tex2SS
16 Camaro 2SS Convertible

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Inexpensive Front Seat Cover for 2016 Vert

Hey guys,

I did some searching on here to see if I could find some options for some inexpensive seat covers that might actually fit our front seats so that I can take the pup for rides without him clawing up my leather.

Seems most folks are going for premium leather seat covers, but I just need something inexpensive that will fit halfway decent. Not sure if just any old seat cover from Amazon or Auto Zone or whatever will stay on very well.

Anyone ever done something like this? Also, anyone have any dog harness seat belt suggestions to keep them from hopping out?

Thanks All.

Tex2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 11:49 AM   #2
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
I had bought a set at Walmart for ~$30, although not for doggie protection, but merely to keep the sun off of the passenger seat when not occupied. (No similar solution yet for the headrests...) Also to have on hand for my drive home from work if I happened to get my clothes dirty.

Search for the non-"leather" fabric; it's looks more like a reasonably "fine" canvas, but there is white stitching between some of the panels, so they really don't look too bad on their own. There's a hole in the top part to pull over the headrest, and the seat cushion portion fits on the bottom rather well, w/o even trying to use the little hooks or whatever else is part of it.

Just make sure they are *expressly* for high seatbacks -- FWIW there are not as many choices among those. The ones that are labelled "fit high and low seatbacks" expect you to remove the headrest, affix the seat cover, then replace the headrest, which we cannot do with our cars. (I did not buy this set, so I cannot say for sure, but I doubt that they are tall enough to fit over the headrest AND still have the seat cushion part actually reach down that far.)
'94 ST1100 146K

Last edited by The Chief (tm); 11-24-2023 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Minor errors
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 04:30 PM   #3
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
https://typesauto.com/products/type-...cover-sc530002

2 for $65.99
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:49 AM   #4
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Don't forget about the side airbags in the front seats. Putting seat covers over them could hamper their ability to work in an accident.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:01 AM   #5
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
Not cheap but fit great and has airbag cut outs

Bought two sets in the past and will buy again

https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote