Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
carrmro

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro RS
Redline Club

Here's my new addition and now a part of the "Redline" club. It is a 2018 Chevy Camaro RS V6/M6 Redline Edition in Silver Frost Metallic. The first time I saw it, I fell for the color scheme.

I added some extra touches that go along with the Redline theme. Has anyone else tried the cheap Samurai bumper trim? The carbon fiber look with the Red trim caught my eye and for less than $20 a 8' foot, I thought I'd give it a try. It's different and more unique verse the expensive ABS splinters and skirts. Looked easy enough from the YouTube videos, but not so easy for me. I'm like the color and look of them, especially the Red outline.

The front looks good, but the sides look a bit wavy. I was hoping a few days in the sun and gravity will help shape the rubber to a more uniform shape and not as wavy looking. Anyone else done this and have any tips?

Outside the car, I also added the black tint to the reflectors and the Camaro black tint to the rear brake light. I also blacked out the Front lower DRL's. I didn't mess with the headlights because I didn't want to interfere with their performance. I added the color matching rear splash guards. Easy install and they give the rear a wide body illusion. I also have the Front, but you have to take the wheels off and drill a few holes and put some rivets in, above my skill set. I like the red optic eyes, but cutting into the headlight assembly is above my skill set. I wish you could by them already done and swap yours with the vendor. Does anyone do this? I had the windows tinted too. Adds to the black sinister theme.

Inside the car, I added some red accents, like the Camaro 3D redlines logo to the dash. The Redline RS emblems to the seat, like the SS and ZL1 seats have. I also love the Red vent covers. I saw them at the auto show on a Redline Traverse. The Traverse was sweet too. I also added the Redline RS Streering Wheel 3D logo Sticker.

Performance wise, I added a aFe Momentum GT Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake and black MBRP axle back exhaust from Phastek. Great Company, fast shipping, great products, fair prices and most important, awesome customer service. I love the sound of the Exhaust now, loud when you want It to be and quiet when cruising. Perfect for me. It did give me an error code for running lean the first week, but now it has adjusted. It was noticeable difference in throttle response. I also ordered the Overkill tuner with the custom tune for the V6. It is enroute from Canada now and should be here any day. I'll post results when I tune it. I added another Redline 3D Camaro emblem in the Engine bay. My project this week is to Paint the Engine Cover in a Redline theme. That will be fun, and I'll post pics when it's done.

I can't wait to see more Redline's and what you have all done with them. I'll post better pics as I get them.

Until then... Enjoy them.

I am!!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carrmro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Old 04-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #3
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Welcome to the club. Love the color scheme.
Attached Images

Last edited by SSShark; 04-13-2019 at 02:32 PM.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
Here are a couple of photos of my 2018 Redline SS vert. I really enjoy the uniqueness of my Redline as I don't see many of the in the DFW area.
Attached Images

ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Lookin' sharp.......
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Beautiful. Congrats.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
carrmro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-427 View Post
Here are a couple of photos of my 2018 Redline SS vert. I really enjoy the uniqueness of my Redline as I don't see many of the in the DFW area.
I love your car too. Actually, I drove one just like yours, it was my first choice but I just couldn't afford it. I love that color scheme too with the black top.
Very nice.
Enjoy it!

Old 04-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #8
carrmro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Great minds think alike!!!

Very nice!!!

Old 04-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #9
SSShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmro View Post
Great minds think alike!!!

Very nice!!!

Enjoy the ride brother!
Old 04-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
2018 2SS. Love this car.
Attached Images

Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #11
carrmro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick0311 View Post
2018 2SS. Love this car.
Awesome!!!

Old 04-23-2019, 02:32 PM   #12
carrmro

Quote:
Here's my new addition and now a part of the "Redline" club. It is a 2018 Chevy Camaro RS V6/M6 Redline Edition in Silver Frost Metallic. The first time I saw it, I fell for the color scheme.

I added some extra touches that go along with the Redline theme. Has anyone else tried the cheap Samurai bumper trim? The carbon fiber look with the Red trim caught my eye and for less than $20 a 8' foot, I thought I'd give it a try. It's different and more unique verse the expensive ABS splinters and skirts. Looked easy enough from the YouTube videos, but not so easy for me. I'm like the color and look of them, especially the Red outline.

The front looks good, but the sides look a bit wavy. I was hoping a few days in the sun and gravity will help shape the rubber to a more uniform shape and not as wavy looking. Anyone else done this and have any tips?

Outside the car, I also added the black tint to the reflectors and the Camaro black tint to the rear brake light. I also blacked out the Front lower DRL's. I didn't mess with the headlights because I didn't want to interfere with their performance. I added the color matching rear splash guards. Easy install and they give the rear a wide body illusion. I also have the Front, but you have to take the wheels off and drill a few holes and put some rivets in, above my skill set. I like the red optic eyes, but cutting into the headlight assembly is above my skill set. I wish you could by them already done and swap yours with the vendor. Does anyone do this? I had the windows tinted too. Adds to the black sinister theme.

Inside the car, I added some red accents, like the Camaro 3D redlines logo to the dash. The Redline RS emblems to the seat, like the SS and ZL1 seats have. I also love the Red vent covers. I saw them at the auto show on a Redline Traverse. The Traverse was sweet too. I also added the Redline RS Streering Wheel 3D logo Sticker.

Performance wise, I added a aFe Momentum GT Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake and black MBRP axle back exhaust from Phastek. Great Company, fast shipping, great products, fair prices and most important, awesome customer service. I love the sound of the Exhaust now, loud when you want It to be and quiet when cruising. Perfect for me. It did give me an error code for running lean the first week, but now it has adjusted. It was noticeable difference in throttle response. I also ordered the Overkill tuner with the custom tune for the V6. It is enroute from Canada now and should be here any day. I'll post results when I tune it. I added another Redline 3D Camaro emblem in the Engine bay. My project this week is to Paint the Engine Cover in a Redline theme. That will be fun, and I'll post pics when it's done.

I can't wait to see more Redline's and what you have all done with them. I'll post better pics as I get them.

Until then... Enjoy them.

I am!!!

Here are my latest mods.

Redline speaker trim. $40 and super simple 5 minute install. Adds some more stylish red accents to the interiir, imo.

Next was my first attempt at a do it yourself painting mod. I am so happy with the results.... $30 in total for a rattle can of Silver Metallic rustoleum,a role of red and black carbon fiber auto pinstripes, a Redline RS emblem, and a roll, ALOT, of blue painters tape. More unique Redline accents and sure beats $300+ for a custom engine cover.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:28 PM   #13
carrmro

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Did you add the matching dark GM third brake light, or did your's come with it?

That looks awesome. I have been on the fence about getting one. I put the Camaro Tint on mine and it is small enough that it doesn't cover the light totally, so it give it almost a red outline on the light.... but I do love the clean factory look.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #14
SSShark

Quote:
Did you add the matching dark GM third brake light, or did your's come with it?

That looks awesome. I have been on the fence about getting one. I put the Camaro Tint on mine and it is small enough that it doesn't cover the light totally, so it give it almost a red outline on the light.... but I do love the clean factory look.

Thank you. The car came with the stock red colored third brake light. I bought the blackout for it and had it on for about 4 months until I replaced it with the ZL1 tinted light from Phastek. It looks so much better now that everything matches.