Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Where do you get this from? That's not what this is about at all.

Most of the developed world day to day existence is dependent on fossil fuels
EVs will not make us less dependent on fossil fuels.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:44 PM   #16
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Most of the developed world day to day existence is dependent on fossil fuels, and it's these same fossil fuels that are contributing to a global warming phenomenon that will likely massively alter climate patterns, ability to grow food, and destroy life in the seas. Scientists have been warning about this more or less since the 1990s, but nobody has listened. The proof (ice caps melting at alarming rates and glaciers receding everywhere) is now clear. Several governments (including the US) are now finally acting to try to prevent a catastrophy, and essentially forcing the changes on the populous by phasing out ICE engines.

It's being done because the average US individual doesn't care enough about the environment or the future of human race to modify their personal behavior (conserve energy). You need only look at how many people leave their car idling for extended periods while they sit in a parking lot waiting for a family member or a pick up order to draw that conclusion.

One can easily argue that it's not the best thought out plan (you'll need an electric infrastructure to take it's place), but it's not being enacted to "control YOU" for the sake of exerting control.
I think the issue a lot of us have with what what you’re saying is there are other ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions but they are starting with the ways that cost average Joe’s like you and I money instead of another way such as forcing corporations to be more efficient or forcing r&d at a faster way to make cargo ships more efficient. They saw this as an opportunity to make money off of us (electric cars). While I care about the planet, I also have to live my life and id like to not have to overpay for an electric car in the near future before the infrastructure is available especially with what things cost in todays world. Once I see the batteries make is to 15 years old 150k on average and the cost comes down, that’s when I will buy one. But for now id like them to continue developing ice vehicles for the next 20 years so that I at least have a choice of what to buy. I’m not totally against ever owning an electric car, I’m against it being “strongly encouraged “ by making the alternative too costly on purpose.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:44 PM   #17
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Most of the developed world day to day existence is dependent on fossil fuels, and it's these same fossil fuels that are contributing to a global warming phenomenon that will likely massively alter climate patterns, ability to grow food, and destroy life in the seas. Scientists have been warning about this more or less since the 1990s, but nobody has listened. The proof (ice caps melting at alarming rates and glaciers receding everywhere) is now clear. Several governments (including the US) are now finally acting to try to prevent a catastrophy, and essentially forcing the changes on the populous by phasing out ICE engines.

It's being done because the average US individual doesn't care enough about the environment or the future of human race to modify their personal behavior (conserve energy). You need only look at how many people leave their car idling for extended periods while they sit in a parking lot waiting for a family member or a pick up order to draw that conclusion.

One can easily argue that it's not the best thought out plan (you'll need an electric infrastructure to take it's place), but it's not being enacted to "control YOU" for the sake of exerting control.
America could slash CO2 output to ZERO tomorrow morning and it would have no impact at all. China and India continue to add coal fired power plants on a weekly basis. Your post is pure gaslighting at its finest. There has been zero credible evidence that *humans* cause climate change. CO2 is literally plant food and a drastic reduction in that level (assuming we could even do that) would likely result in massive food shortages. Going green is a money making scam. It’s a big club and we’re not in it.
Old 04-27-2023, 04:00 PM   #18
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:29 PM   #19
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
It's always interesting to me how things we say are considered conspiratorial yet when groups like WEF, CFR, Gates Foundation, Soros, Bilderburgs, and others declare their intentions out loud, nobody cares.

All this talk about "15 minute cities", the American OEMs abandoning the entry level car space, average transaction prices of $50k, it seems like they're trying to limit the mobility of lower income people and corral them into subsidized, monitored, tracked, limited range EVs. Keep all the "useless eaters" (as they see us all) from consuming too many resources.

Last edited by Capricio; 04-27-2023 at 05:21 PM.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:36 PM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I know one thing is for sure, I have my 650/650 gas powered monster. And in 5 years I will be looking for a new car so meh.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:58 PM   #21
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Don't drink the cool aide ....Even if everyone had an electric car in the US our total impact is still in the single digits for global affect...While other countries make coal plants and keep on keeping on... laughing all the way...The dollar and US dominance is slipping guys and it has nothing to do with global warming...
With a few exceptions,most collector cars have a rolling 20year cycle until any real values are seen.. No ordinary camaro will see a spike like the musclecar craze...The younger generations don't care enough or have the car culture that made it happen...
Old 04-27-2023, 05:18 PM   #22
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
The dollar and US dominance is slipping guys and it has nothing to do with global warming...
Well, only to the extent that global warming hysteria has led to wasteful allocation of resources, deliberately high fuel costs, dependence on foreign sources (for lithium, oil, rare earth metals, solar panels, etc), and reckless printing of money for spending bills like the "anti-inflation act" on green subsidies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
The younger generations don't care enough or have the car culture that made it happen.
Yeah, I'll be keeping my car for a long time, because it doesn't appear to be replaceable with a comparable product in the future. But as far as an investment? Enjoy it while you can, I dismiss the idea of it appreciating. Only "preserve" it to the extent you may want to hand it down to a younger family member or for your own gratification.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:18 PM   #23
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
I hedged my bet just in case.
Attached Images

JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #24
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
The quick answer is”who knows for certain”?
I would argue that we are possibly living in the greatest car culture right now.
Lets just list all of the cars with high horsepower, and actual credibility on the track.
This sheer number of cars from all different car makers is greater than its ever been before. Maybe this appreciation for our present day will make our vehicles valuable in the future.
Enjoy what you have today.

BTW, the muscle car era was killed by by Government regulation and at the same time all those young men got married and had a family and knew that their cars were not practical.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:46 PM   #25
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Name:  IMG_4649.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  79.6 KB
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:59 PM   #26
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
In my opinion it’s a pipe dream to have all EVs by 2035.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:06 PM   #27
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
It's impossible to know, given that the federal government is so capricious in its actions. They are waging an ideological war against petroleum, yet practically speaking, we can't stop using petroleum for decades going forward.

On the other hand, the feds or the states could simply outlaw ICE cars by forbidding re-registration, tax gas to the moon to suppress its use, and that's the end of the line for enthusiast cars.

If I was going to buy a Camaro that would appreciate in value, I would buy a manual ZL1-1LE, and store it away. It would be worth a lot of money in the future, or would be worth almost nothing.
They will not outlaw ICE cars in the foreseeable future. If you want to mptrove greenhouse gas today simply outlaw 5 year old cars and older. They won’t as this impacts the lower income brackets that vote.

Ultimately the price of gas will increase as demand falls and THIS will be the end.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:15 AM   #28
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
75% of the private service economy in my part of the state runs on v8 trucks. Take a drive up or down I-75 in the morning. Half the vehicles are v8 trucks. Ever try to evacuate a hurricane in an EV? How far do you get before you hit the 500 car long line at the charging station?

The v8 pickup is going nowhere it hasn't already been for 80 years, and we're a 100 years away from replacing diesel trucks. Liquid hydrocarbon fuels will be around for hundreds more years, and are likely to hold price in the long run as demand slowly shifts toward a mix of ICE and EV.

We'll be long dead before ICE goes the way of steam locomotives. F$cks I give: 0
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote