Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-08-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
JD64

Drives: '19 Camaro ZL1 A10 Riverside Blue
Over 750,000 Camaros Involved In Class-Action Lawsuit

just got this today. thought you guys may be interested

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/over-75...ction-lawsuit/
Old 09-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
I already posted it 2 days ago.
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
[QUOTE=Yellow Beast;10864591]I already posted it 2 days ago.[/QUO

Deputy Dog also posted.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Beast View Post
I already posted it 2 days ago.
Why is this so important to point out?
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:34 AM   #5
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
So is this a problem just with the V8, seems like all the accounts I have read it is with the SS/ZL1's yet the class actions says all Camaro's. I had a C7 with the same motor as the SS and never heard of this as an issue on the Corvette forum. The V6 setup for the starter is quite different than the V8, a lot more room around the engine compartment, wouldn't think heat is a problem.

The V6 is used in a lot of GM products , would imagine this would crop up with all those models as well. That includes the Cadillac, Acadia and the Buick Regal. Imagine the 4 cyl version isn't impacted either.

Lawsuit doesn't seem to differentiate by engine. Doesn't make sense that all engines have the same issue with heat soak on the starter.
2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #6
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRSOnt View Post
So is this a problem just with the V8, seems like all the accounts I have read it is with the SS/ZL1's yet the class actions says all Camaro's. I had a C7 with the same motor as the SS and never heard of this as an issue on the Corvette forum. The V6 setup for the starter is quite different than the V8, a lot more room around the engine compartment, wouldn't think heat is a problem.

The V6 is used in a lot of GM products , would imagine this would crop up with all those models as well. That includes the Cadillac, Acadia and the Buick Regal. Imagine the 4 cyl version isn't impacted either.

Lawsuit doesn't seem to differentiate by engine. Doesn't make sense that all engines have the same issue with heat soak on the starter.
Sounds like a ploy to up the money game.

I trust big-suit lawyers as far as I can throw ‘em..
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
I used to have this problem, but after they installed the new engine, haven't had it one time even in 100 degree heat. But they don't list an alternator on the service bill. I wonder why.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #8
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Is this with the sun on it all day? Mine is garaged when not in use but the garage got a little above 100 quite a few times this summer and my camaro started right up with no issues every time.
Devstrike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
From what I read, they attribute it to a faulty heat shield. This may be why the Corvette and Camaro are different??

But the lawyers will most certainly try to up the volume as much as possible. That way, the owners will all get a new heat shield and the lawyer(s) will get millions.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #10
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
Why is this so important to point out?
Because it doesn't need to get posted over and over again when there is already a thread(or 2) covering this. This happens because people don't use the search function. They just post something without checking to see if it has already been posted. It clutters up the forum with posts that are the same thing.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #11
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Because it doesn't need to get posted over and over again when there is already a thread(or 2) covering this. This happens because people don't use the search function. They just post something without checking to see if it has already been posted. It clutters up the forum with posts that are the same thing.
Bump
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:09 AM   #12
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
a class action is more about punishing the defendant than it is about restitution for all of the class action members.

GM is more likely to react to a single large suit like a class action suit than dozens or so individual lawsuits that they can easily deal with and sweep under the rug on a case by case basis where each lawsuit has to start from scratch in their court case and they dont benefit from the existence and evidence of eachother.

So in that sense, i dont think it really matters that lawyers get the big bucks while the members dont in class action suits, as long as the result is change in the company they're suing. It's not like you have to join a class action if you'd rather have full restitution. You always have the option to sue them individually instead.

that said, this lawsuits seems to be making a lot of claims that would be hard to argue as contributing to a "design flaw" considering it's not unique to the camaro and so we would see these arguments being true for a variety of different cars that dont seem to have this issue. My favorite is saying that the remote location of the battery makes the battery hotter than if it was in the engine bay during startup. It seems like a fishing expedition trying to call out every conspiracy theory for the problem and hoping during the course of the proceedings they find something that sticks ...or that gm settles.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Don't even need to use the search function. The thread getting reposted is usually 1 or 2 lines down from the create new thread button.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:25 PM   #14
donaldp

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
You can't be serious in thinking I needed this explanation....Clearly you didn't read into the point of my post.
donaldp is offline   Reply With Quote