Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #29
silstream

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
...or just maybe, as one fellow "not too bad at this driving thing" to another, he's realized how much his new Camaro is worth and elected to complete the purchase and quickly sell for a healthy profit

Sorry to hear either way D.O.M.D1
2022/01/25: 3800 Built!
2022/01/26: 4300
2022/01/27: 4B00 (Hood-wrap)
2022/01/28: 4200 (Shipped from Grand River -> Toledo, OH - ready for train)
2022/02/22: Tour of the US by train (currently in Grand Island, New York)
2022/03/03: Rail-ramp offload at Kent, WA
2022/03/11: Arrival at dealer
2022/03/17: Collection! (3.5 months from date of order with allocation to collection)
silstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:34 PM   #30
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
My wife's cousin seems fine 'online' but has a traumatic brain injury from a car wreck several years ago. He can barely walk, so maybe we have a similar situation going on here.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #31
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
Just speculating here but the OP's location is Miami. He may be an illegal immigrant. I don't think an illegal can obtain a drivers license in Florida, and therefore insurance etc. He did say possibly in March so perhaps waiting to become a legal citizen.
That is pretty Savage, there are tons of illegals all around, not just Miami. However, it is pretty easy to obtain a convincing fake license. Also, several uninsured motorists all over south FL and several other locations.

Maybe the OP pretended to order a camaro?

Somebody needs to Scooby-Doo this mystery.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:10 PM   #32
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
That is pretty Savage, there are tons of illegals all around, not just Miami. However, it is pretty easy to obtain a convincing fake license. Also, several uninsured motorists all over south FL and several other locations.

Maybe the OP pretended to order a camaro?

Somebody needs to Scooby-Doo this mystery.
Nothing savage about it. If he is indeed illegal and waiting for citizenship, then he is doing the right thing by waiting.

Sure, there are uninsured motorists and ways to obtain fake licenses. That would be savage.

I have no idea what his situation is because his post was extremely vague. Like I said, just speculating.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #33
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo22 View Post
How can a dealer order a car for somebody who does not have a driver license???? This is the first thing the dealer asks you when filling the papers for your order....strange.....strange...Only D.O.M.D1 knows what happened.
Two words...pair-rents
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #34
Westcamaro

Drives: 69 Z28 RS 19 2SS Convertible 10 Ava
I would like the 10 minutes of my life back. Save the next guy and delete the thread
Westcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #35
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Judging by the OP's statements, I'm wondering if he has some disability or affliction that might make it difficult to get a license. And no, I am not in any way saying this in a hurtful, sly, or condescending manner. I have seen many instances of people who were either hard of hearing, or prone to seizures, an amputee, or even those with panic attacks or many other disorders who had a difficult time operating a vehicle and had their license revoked etc. I could certainly understand, and sympathize, if that was what OP was trying to articulate without coming out and saying it...perhaps out of fear of being picked on or ridiculed.

So basically, he was looking forward to getting this car for a long time. And who knows how many hurdles he had to jump to get to the point where he was about to accept delivery. But there are still laws that change. And perhaps some law changed that made it near impossible or perhaps it just became too much. So I say let's just hear him out and see if he can/will explain himself better.

I could be way off tho. But I hope whatever it is, OP can find a way to overcome his issues. Maybe it might just mean taking a little more time to get to the point where he can operate a vehicle more safely. Either way, I wish him the best of luck.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:19 PM   #36
spiG

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE, 20 Ram 1500, 19 SGS
I’m new here but this entire thread gave me a good laugh
spiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #37
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
ok ok, let me explain, i had my driver license for about 2 years (between permit and license) [the process is easy to get a license in FL pass the drug and booze exam, pass the written road rules exam and pass the driving exam and your squared] and a clean record (thank God) and i have a disability (but it's not inhibiting me from driving and if i gave up my license to the state, that would be really stupid) but i need more drive time and confidence under my belt, but i think i can achieve that relatively soon and yes i live with my parents

and i rather get a new car instead of an appliance (corolla or civic) shit box or used (i can get into a heated debate of new versus used)
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:40 PM   #38
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
ok ok, let me explain, i had my driver license for about 2 years (between permit and license) [the process is easy to get a license in FL pass the drug and booze exam, pass the written road rules exam and pass the driving exam and your squared] and a clean record (thank God) and i have a disability (but it's not inhibiting me from driving and if i gave up my license to the state, that would be really stupid) but i need more drive time and confidence under my belt, but i think i can achieve that relatively soon and yes i live with my parents

and i rather get a new car instead of an appliance (corolla or civic) shit box or used (i can get into a heated debate of new versus used)
You have to learn how to walk before you can learn to fly.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:45 PM   #39
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post

Hey brother, Do. Not. Panic. There is no magnet on the skinny pedal, nobody forces your right foot to the floor.

If you're concerned about visibility, set your mirrors correctly, practice in a parking lot with cones until you learn where each side of the car ends. There's no shame in driving around in snow/ice mode or even practicing on a Corolla (even better, an old Celica) either. If that makes you feel better, I still have to consciously respect the power my car has after several years (and okay, upgrades, too).

Don't give up a nearly completed order slot for a Camaro because you're afraid to drive it.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:58 PM   #40
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
You have to learn how to walk before you can learn to fly.
Good luck either way man.Having walked down that road in the past, I can tell you that it is always better to learn ( and master) driving in a vehicle that is not new, because things WILL happen to that car that you didn't want to happen to it simply because you were not ready for a new car. You live and you learn, carry on.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:15 PM   #41
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hey brother, Do. Not. Panic. There is no magnet on the skinny pedal, nobody forces your right foot to the floor.

If you're concerned about visibility, set your mirrors correctly, practice in a parking lot with cones until you learn where each side of the car ends, and there's no shame in driving in snow/ice mode or even practicing on a Corolla (even better, an old Celica) either.

Don't give up a nearly completed order slot for a Camaro because you're afraid to drive it.
thanks bro, your right i just need to be one with the car and focus on the road and the people around me, if all goes well, I'll be ready by March 2022(i still got time before the 2022 MY ends, it's the travel time that will kill me, but who cares as long the car is built and out of New Boston, MI) but worst case scenario it's going to be a 2023 MY car, visibility(don't make me laugh) i heard all the hate and stupidity of rear visibility of camaro and i don't have to worry about snow and ice, cause it always hot and sunny in Florida

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 01-07-2022 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #42
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Good luck either way man.Having walked down that road in the past, I can tell you that it is always better to learn ( and master) driving in a vehicle that is not new, because things WILL happen to that car that you didn't want to happen to it simply because you were not ready for a new car. You live and you learn, carry on.
im not giving up just yet bro