Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-04-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
2017 Convertible window adhesive issue

Has anyone else seen this on their convertibles? It is an issue with marks in the black frame around the glass rear glass from the factory.

Short story is that these marks were there from when I got the car, and GM ended up replacing the entire roof with attached glass to fix...the more detailed story:

I noticed it as soon as I got home with my new convertible in May. I brought it up to service once I had a chance and they turned over the service manager and to the Customer Experience Manager (who has been fantastic, BTW).

I sent these photos to her (the CEM), which also went to the service manager. The service manager's response was something along the lines of "just normal imperfections in the window glass and is only cosmetic" and "other cars on our lot have that same type of thing".

The CEM called me and told me the service manager's response, and before I could say a word, she said that it wasn't a response that she was satisfied with and that she wouldn't expect me to be happy with that. She escalated to GM but rather than have me bring my car in and tie up my time, she used one of the ones in their lot that also showed the same issue to call in the repair to GM. After someone from GM district came out and looked, they indicated that this was a problem on some convertibles and that a TSB will be coming out. The fix is to replace the entire roof (which I am so glad of as I would never trust re-gluing a glass window on a convertible). The Customer Experience Manager called me, made an appointment as soon as they got a roof in stock, and they replaced under warranty (my car only had about 1200 miles on the car when they replaced the roof)

I bought the car new in May 2017, but manufacture date is 7/16....and I'm guessing that the others on the lot with the same issue were around the same time. The dealer had a ton of Camaros on their overflow storage lot. They were the only dealer close by that not only had a stick shift convertible 2ss, but 7 of them in different colors..I think they ordered a bunch of them when they came out last summer/fall and they sat there.

Last edited by unixadm; 07-04-2017 at 10:43 PM.
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
I got my 2017 Camero 2LT and had it a week and yesterday to it to get the windows tinted and I saw that same kind of mark, like the glass and the black material, was separating, so I did not have the rear glass tinted and will need to return when they replace the top, I was thinking I could not be the only car to do this. I will contact the dealer and let them know it needs to be replaced. Which is great as when I picked up the car there was a whiteish stain on the driver's side and am worried that when I was going to take back the car for them to fix it would get worse. Thanks for posting this!!
Christopher
Attached Images

Last edited by cengell; 09-17-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Uploaded 3 pics of the damage.
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
CamAro

I haven't seen any issues on mine but will keep eyes open.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
kaydoe

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss convertible
I had the same thing,they replaced the whole top. It was built in 7/16 bought in May 17
kaydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
Ctrev21

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Convertible
Well one more thing for me to watch for. I think mine was built in Nov of 2016. I have about 16k on it and stored in winter here in Wisconsin.
Ctrev21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #6
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
I will check mine after work. I need a new issue!

EDIT- checked mine and I do not have any of those spots like you are showing (yet)

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC

Last edited by speedup; 08-22-2018 at 06:19 PM.
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
had my top replaced because of it. there's a thread on this in the convertible section of the forum.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519083
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote