Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2020, 07:34 AM   #15
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavinAveSS View Post
Well I got talked out of a hp tuner then received the bdx today and instantly regret it. So I have sct/bdx tuner for sale haha
Can't you return it for your money back or use that credit toward the HPTuner from where you got that? Or did you open it and use it on your car already?
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post
Just to add to this because others will come across it later. The 2016 takes 3 credits. 2 to license the tune and 1 for the FSCM. It wont let you load your adjusted tune back to the car without licensing the FSCM. I just did mine last week so that I could see what the previous owner had done.
Let me help you with this.

If you have only 2 credits and no need to tune the FPCM you can still tune your car.

When you read out the car select Get Info.

You will see the ECM and FSCM with options to read or NOT.

Do not read FSCM

Then your tune can be modified and loaded back in the car with only 2 credits.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #17
SlavinAveSS
Autobody Tech

Drives: 05 Chevy Z71 16 Camaro 2SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
Can't you return it for your money back or use that credit toward the HPTuner from where you got that? Or did you open it and use it on your car already?
Yeah I already opened it and Vin locked one of three spots. I pretty much will out grow this thing by next week. And just about all sites say no returns on tuners.
SlavinAveSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:19 AM   #18
SlavinAveSS
Autobody Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Let me help you with this.

If you have only 2 credits and no need to tune the FPCM you can still tune your car.

When you read out the car select Get Info.

You will see the ECM and FSCM with options to read or NOT.

Do not read FSCM

Then your tune can be modified and loaded back in the car with only 2 credits.

Ted.
Well I'll be adding a cam in a couple weeks so as I understand I'll have to unlock everything. It just sucks I spent my monthly car budget on device that's worthless to me. I'll just save back up and get a HP Tuner .
Old 02-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #19
SlavinAveSS
Autobody Tech

Alright I went ahead and bought the hp tuner and should have it Tuesday. Now my question is do I have to have the unit to get the software and look around? Also any videos or literature anyone reccomends?
Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #20
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
no you can download the software and play around with it. you can probably find a tune file to look at and play around with it but be sure to pull the tune from your car when you get the tuner. You do not need credits to pull the tune file from your car. I would make a copy so you can have a play file and an untouched version, only so you can go back to stock if at anytime you need to.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #21
SlavinAveSS
Autobody Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post
no you can download the software and play around with it. you can probably find a tune file to look at and play around with it but be sure to pull the tune from your car when you get the tuner. You do not need credits to pull the tune file from your car. I would make a copy so you can have a play file and an untouched version, only so you can go back to stock if at anytime you need to.
Thanks, I'll definitely do that!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:19 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Well I'll be adding a cam in a couple weeks so as I understand I'll have to unlock everything. It just sucks I spent my monthly car budget on device that's worthless to me. I'll just save back up and get a HP Tuner .
Everyone tried to warn you.

Quote:
Alright I went ahead and bought the hp tuner and should have it Tuesday. Now my question is do I have to have the unit to get the software and look around? Also any videos or literature anyone recommends?
If you purchased from JRE you would receive detailed instructions, part guidance, amazing customer service, and discounts on tuning.

Ted.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #23
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. We all live and learn. Some just spend more money to learn.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #24
SlavinAveSS
Autobody Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Everyone tried to warn you.

If you purchased from JRE you would receive detailed instructions, part guidance, amazing customer service, and discounts on tuning.

Ted.
I was able to return the sct scanner and I'm still getting great service through Steve. He went above and beyond. With the reviews you do a great service as well. I would hope you would still give advice even though I didn't purchase the tuner through you.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:20 PM   #25
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I was able to return the sct scanner and I'm still getting great service through Steve. He went above and beyond. With the reviews you do a great service as well. I would hope you would still give advice even though I didn't purchase the tuner through you.
Ted had been extremely helpful to me way before I ever decided to purchase anything from JRE. He definitely has the long view and runs a very professional business, his staff is similarly high caliber.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Certainly

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Ted had been extremely helpful to me way before I ever decided to purchase anything from JRE. He definitely has the long view and runs a very professional business, his staff is similarly high caliber.
Thank you sir!