#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #15
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dogg View Post
They are still doing it on the '18. At least they have cut it down to $10K on the A10. Still, feasting.
http://www.momentumchevrolet.com/Veh...earchQuery=ZL1

Oh God. Here is a '17 M6. They want almost $75K.
http://www.stewartcars.com/VehicleDe...-CA/3003826083
Don't know how people pay that much for a ZL1. You can get a Z06 cheaper or for the same price and the ZL1 has been out for awhile now. The ZL1 is not a limited production car. GM won't make a lot of them, but the demand isn't that high either. It's not anywhere near as high for the Hellcat when it first came out. Look at those now. Some people are getting $10k off. That's probably mainly due to the high production numbers but it's obvious demand is way down as well.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:52 PM   #16
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android42019 View Post
What's funny is dealers actin like the 17 ZL1 is a limited production vehicle....no limit on this gen that I'm aware of, since they said they'd build as many as we order. Custom order yours at a good dealer and tell them you won't pay a markup on a car that's being delivered FOR you, they tried it from the factory on mine and the dealer took it off. Also gave me $1,500 rebate AND they forgot to apply my deposit to the sale soooo I got that back too so $2,500 off.
But they were somewhat limited, as GM gave out allocations to some dealerships. Basically they told the dealerships, you can have how many Camaros you want, but only in this certain trim model. They have been doing this for years. I had to wait for allocation of a A10 to come in so I could place my order on one.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #17
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I want to see the breakdown of A10's & M6's for the 50/17's as well...it isn't a limited production car or we would know the numbers already. It's the fact production started late (weren't the first cars delivered in Feb?? Got mine March 10) & went right into the 18's recently.

I was hoping mike or Mr. W might have been able to pinch someone from Fest to confirm the qty's...

~~~~~~~~~

I think The ADM Ray Dogg mentions is simply addressing what Californian's normally have to fight with in general...not very many of us here paid over sticker from what I followed.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #18
Android42019
The Black Emerald

Drives: '17 ZL1, '08 Trailblazer, '11 1LTRS
I was 3rd or 4th to pickup at classic in grapevine according to sales manager because ppl wanted the A10, that was Dec. 2 2016
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #19
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
I was 3rd or 4th to pickup at classic in grapevine according to sales manager because ppl wanted the A10, that was Dec. 2 2016
Classic is where I go for service

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #20
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
What's funny is dealers actin like the 17 ZL1 is a limited production vehicle....no limit on this gen that I'm aware of, since they said they'd build as many as we order. Custom order yours at a good dealer and tell them you won't pay a markup on a car that's being delivered FOR you, they tried it from the factory on mine and the dealer took it off. Also gave me $1,500 rebate AND they forgot to apply my deposit to the sale soooo I got that back too so $2,500 off.
That's easy for you to say. To us up in the Northeast, they really are limited. Our dealers don't sell a lot of corvettes and Camaros. Our driving season is only 4-5 months. No dealers in the Northeast got an allocation for a car until around March. Well, except for mine, I kinda had some strings pulled. Mine was delivered in December.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
That's easy for you to say. To us up in the Northeast, they really are limited. Our dealers don't sell a lot of corvettes and Camaros. Our driving season is only 4-5 months. No dealers in the Northeast got an allocation for a car until around March. Well, except for mine, I kinda had some strings pulled. Mine was delivered in December.
Absolutely the Northeast was a tough one to crack. Yes we can get you a car. No we can't. Yes we can but it has to be a manual. No we can't order an automatic. Yes we can get an automatic. No we can't get a coupe. Yes we can order a coupe but it can't be Krypton Green. Geez. My car came from Best Chevrolet in Louisiana. No fuss no muss. As far as I'm concerned it was a limited production. Al said you'll buy as many as we make. Not the other way around.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #22
Artos

Quote:
Our driving season is only 4-5 months.
This is so bizarre to me?? You guys have WAY better twisty turns with terrain compared to my area, but we hardly ever even freeze down this way...if it does & what we call a hard freeze for more than 48 hours it will wipe out all our citrus & hurt the economy.

Our average cold spell is maybe in the 40's for a day or two & then back up into the 70's plus...I consider winter ideal cruising weather when you guys are in storage. Kinda nuts.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:45 PM   #23
gblaue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
This is so bizarre to me?? You guys have WAY better twisty turns with terrain compared to my area, but we hardly ever even freeze down this way...if it does & what we call a hard freeze for more than 48 hours it will wipe out all our citrus & hurt the economy.

Our average cold spell is maybe in the 40's for a day or two & then back up into the 70's plus...I consider winter ideal cruising weather when you guys are in storage. Kinda nuts.
Camaros really aren't suited for trying to hang 1.0G corners in 2 ft of snow. It usually ends pretty badly.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #24
curtislowerussell

Drives: 2016 Black 2 SS/ 2017 ZL1 Yellow
Well its not a fact but, I think the yellow was the most limited. We all know that yellow is the fastest.
curtislowerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
gblaue

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtislowerussell View Post
Well its not a fact but, I think the yellow was the most limited. We all know that yellow is the fastest.
I haven't seen, or heard of, another yellow w/black center stripe M6. I've seen a couple A10, but no M6.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #26
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
if someone can confirm its ok to post it Ill gladly share .
I'll confirm it.....it's OK

Go ahead and post it
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #27
Artos

Quote:
Camaros really aren't suited for trying to hang 1.0G corners in 2 ft of snow. It usually ends pretty badly.
I've seen snow once...so I know it's real.

I was on location on a couple spots out by Falcon lake & towards Laredo today. Heat index was over 110 so you always have that to throw back at me...still, I don't wanna swap.

The winter texan snow birds really have it figured out...6 months here & 6 months up north. I've gotta start working that angle.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkJunk420 View Post
I found a picture of the krypton green production numbers on facebook, im sure they have the zl1 numbers sitting around I still have the pic, if someone can confirm its ok to post it Ill gladly share but I heard it wasn't even supposed to be posted on facebook..
It's fine.

I'll have official numbers very soon.
The sheet still needed some cleaning up before I can get a copy.