Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #29
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Sorry to see that the car got totaled OP, but glad your ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Sorry.

That must have been one serious pig.
Seriously must have been the Godzilla of pigs!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:27 AM   #30
Sambeaux

Drives: 2018 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
OP glad you are OK. Did front airbags deploy?

Cars these days seem to be one hit wonders. Had two cars totaled on me last year a fairly new 4Runner and a month old new Outback. One wife's fault one another driver's fault.

The 4runner had almost 25k of initial front damage, similar enough to yours, the Outback 20k of damage at first estimate - both when adding salvage value insurance totaled them.

We had new car replacement (as seen on TV) on the Outback and did quite OK - about 4k more than the OTD price we paid. The 4Runner had high residual value so we did OK on that too - still not fun events. Nobody hurt - so that's the main thing.

Did you see the first estimate before they totaled it? Just curious but guessing around 25k, plus plus plus....
Airbags did not deploy which seems crazy to me. Yea I’m resigned to the fact that it’s gone now. I’m seeing some great deals on new leftover 18 1LEs.
Sambeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 AM   #31
Sambeaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Just curious here -- is insurance giving you full value of the car?
I’ve asked they won’t talk numbers but I have gap so I’m not worried about it really.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #32
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambeaux View Post
Thanks for all the condolences. Here’s the only two I snapped.
That sucks, but you may have been lucky. I have two friends that have hit Wild Hogs and both flipped their cars. The Hogs with their very short legs rolled under the cars and caused the cars to flip. One of my friends had broken bones and was stuck in the car for hours.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #33
Sambeaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
It sucks, but with your first thread maybe this is better for you, since you know some things to look/listen for now. Silver lining?
You’re probably right. She was running strong though and I had that extra certified extended warranty. It’s all good I’ll get another one soon.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #34
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
I’ve asked they won’t talk numbers but I have gap so I’m not worried about it really.
What Safeco does out here is subcontract the valuation out to a third party on total losses. That way they can hide behind "we had the expert do it" if there is a major disagreement.

In my cases the valuation for Safeco was done by "CCC One Information Services, LLC".

I assume your insurance is doing the same thing, having some 3rd party information broker they contract with do the research and valuation for the total and then they (your carrier) do the simple math. Good for having GAP, that will probably kick in.

You might do OK as the newness of the vehicle will limit the number of comparative vehicles for valuation. That's what we encountered when out month old car was totaled last year - the comps for month old vehicles with 1,000 miles were higher in ACV than the price of new.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #35
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
Quote:
Yea so far the estimate is 18K total. I can’t believe they’re totaling it for that really, I kind of think it’s bullshit. On the other hand though I don’t really want to deal with issues down the road. I got a kickass deal on this car so I’ll have to pony up 3-4K more on the next one but so be it. After owning one I’m hooked.
h

Your lucky they are totaling it
I hit a deer with a Benz , it was $27000 cdn to fix it
It was all bolt on parts, but now nobody is interested in this car on a trade it
It was all OEM parts and done at a dealer
The pictures I have show how little it was in damage , but at todays prices for parts and labour , it was expensive to fix
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #36
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird12 View Post
h

Your lucky they are totaling it
I hit a deer with a Benz , it was $27000 cdn to fix it
It was all bolt on parts, but now nobody is interested in this car on a trade it
It was all OEM parts and done at a dealer
The pictures I have show how little it was in damage , but at todays prices for parts and labour , it was expensive to fix
I bought a salvage car recently that hit a deer. $2,400 to repair it. I did the labor of course. I have others that want to buy the car from me but I won't sell it.

And I've found the OP's car and will be watching it like a hawk. I wouldn't mind another 1LE in the garage
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #37
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Saw the title and thought I was gonna see a thread about getting gapped on a road course by a Challenger Scat Pack.

In all seriousness....Sad to see that. The pictures leave me surprised that they called it a total. I may be perched next to Dave-ROR seeing if that baby comes up for auction.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #38
Sambeaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That sucks, but you may have been lucky. I have two friends that have hit Wild Hogs and both flipped their cars. The Hogs with their very short legs rolled under the cars and caused the cars to flip. One of my friends had broken bones and was stuck in the car for hours.
Yea if I would have rolled at that speed we wouldn’t be here now that’s for sure. It was also in BFE south Texas so no one would have found us for hours and the services are forever away. Feeling pretty lucky tbh
Old 02-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #39
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Don’t know if you have ever used gap coverage but it’s a mess. Stay on top of the gap insurance company, call them every week for updates. Send them all the paperwork immediately. It’s a pita. Took my gap insurance company 4 months to finally payout the difference all while you still have to make payments on the totaled vehicle. Also you have to get the dealer to refund the prorated cost of the gap coverage and any other things you might have gotten, in my case a wheel and tire package. The dealer dragged there feet for 4 months also. Went in 4 times and they lost the paperwork each time. One of the most frustrating experiences I had in my life.
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #40
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish01 View Post
Don’t know if you have ever used gap coverage but it’s a mess. Stay on top of the gap insurance company, call them every week for updates. Send them all the paperwork immediately. It’s a pita. Took my gap insurance company 4 months to finally payout the difference all while you still have to make payments on the totaled vehicle. Also you have to get the dealer to refund the prorated cost of the gap coverage and any other things you might have gotten, in my case a wheel and tire package. The dealer dragged there feet for 4 months also. Went in 4 times and they lost the paperwork each time. One of the most frustrating experiences I had in my life.
I've never had to deal with gap insurance but just getting any FAIR value for a wrecked vehicle has always been painful in my experience.

The last totalled car I had a drunk driver ran a red light in front of me. He was arrested. His insurance determined they were 20% at fault so I got to fight with my insurance company for over 6 months before I got a value that was almost fair. I eventually got the deductible back when the drunk guys insurance lost arbitration but still. You'd think 17 or 18 years with ZERO claims would entitle someone to at least fair value but...
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #41
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I've only had one Gap Claim and it was no hassles
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #42
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
It really doesn't look too bad. Someone will scoop that up at salvage and make a nice car out of it. May she live again!

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote