Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #15
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
OP, glad you ask!
Here take a look.....lol
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:00 PM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Nothing wrong with the 2019 refresh IMO!! People haven’t got used to seeing them yet because they aren’t on the roads much yet. I remember back when the 2014 refresh for the 5th gen came out and people didn’t like them either. And especially when the 6 gen came out people were bashing them because they didn’t look like a 5th gen so you can’t please everyone no matter how Camaro engineers and designers try. I personally like my 6 gen better than my 2010 SS! So if you like your 2019 then you enjoy it and don’t be concerned with people that don’t care for the refresh!
Old 02-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
There is so much pile on with this one it's hilarious. Someone can get a I4 or V6 1LE and when they say 2019 folks who don't know better and haven't seen a picture start complaining about the front end.

I saw an SS coming up on me from the rear the other night and it looked bad ass the way the lights are setup.

The manual vs auto debate will never end so just enjoy your car and the choice you made. I've been tossing the coin on that one for years and they are both fun.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #18
UK Basketball Rocks

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stgen515 View Post
Greetings and salutations to to all the Camaro6 folks
I Love my new 2019 2SS w/ the manual transmission! Coming from a 5th gen 2015 1SS, which I absolutely loved and enjoyed, the new 2019 2SS is so much better in every way. I especially love the new front and rear refresh. I seriously don’t understand why many folk don’t like the refresh. I actually like the way the car looks better than the 2018’s and prior. I know there is so much hype surrounding the 10 speed auto but, personally, I believe the manual is the only way to go in these cars. Fun factor, 200% in the manual. Oh, did I mention this is my daily driver. I drive in heavy New Jersey traffic everyday. I still love it! With the NPP exhaust, this thing sounds like a beast. Other than a GM cold air intake and other small non warranty void mods, I believe this factory car is fine as is. I have no plan for tracking the car. I don’t think, he, he, ;-)
Anyway, with that said, I want to here from the community at large. What do you think. There seems to be a lack of positive content on YouTube about these cars, especially with the manual transmission. I’m not a YouTube and not planning on becoming one but, I’d like to encourage those who post. Please give the rest of use who like this car some good content. Thank you in advance..
Dont worry about what people think, The refresh looks great, both the front end back end of the Camaro!
UK Basketball Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #19
CaptainRedHat
Resident IT guy

Drives: Silverado (Camaro SS coming soon)
Honestly I think it's just that most people on the internet are trolls and like to hate literally everything. Like you could post the most innocent thing "Oh look at this cute puppy sleeping" and someone would hate it. Personally, I like the looks of the 2019. Like yeah, you could make the argument that it borrows some design elements from other manufacturers, but honestly it still has its own look. And honestly, out of the 20ish (mostly non-car) people I've shown a picture to, I only had one guy say he didn't really like it. I just say people should just drive whatever they want and not care what other people think. I mean after all, there are people who actually like Mustangs.

2019 2SS Riverside Blue / MN6 / NPP / F55

Order WTMN7Q

1100 - 2/4/2019 - Order placed at dealer
3400 - 3/4/2019 - TPW 3/4/2019
4300 - 3/22/2019 - Built!
4200 - 3/26/2019 - Shipped!!
4800 - 4/2/2019 - Unloaded!!!
5000 - 4/3/2019 - Delivered!!!!
6000 - 4/5/2019 - She's home boys!!!!!
CaptainRedHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
There is so much pile on with this one it's hilarious. Someone can get a I4 or V6 1LE and when they say 2019 folks who don't know better and haven't seen a picture start complaining about the front end.

I saw an SS coming up on me from the rear the other night and it looked bad ass the way the lights are setup.

The manual vs auto debate will never end so just enjoy your car and the choice you made. I've been tossing the coin on that one for years and they are both fun.
And that's where I'll disagree at least for me lol. I had an SS come up behind me a few nights ago. With the way the headlights are designed, looked like someone stuck some LEDs on a frying pan and shoved two of them in the grill lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #21
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
It's so subjective. But I love my 2016 2SS. I'm sorry but I have not seen a few of the refresh, I could live with the rear lights, but the front looks like a damn Chevy Truck now. It's ugly, but again it's just my option. If my car get's totaled I will end up in the slightly used ZL1 Or a Vett. But I'm out when until the
Gen 7 comes out. To each is own but damn it's not a good look. It looks ok on the Dodge.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #22
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
I love the new taillights and the adjusted rear bumper. Have since the announcement. They removed those lines/lips from under the tail lights on the 2016-2018. I like the front end if the center bar is body colored. I really like that they widened the upper grille to match the headlight space. Camaros have had the pinched upper grille since the 2015 Gen5 refresh. It is cool, but I just love the classic wide upper grille. I don't like the flowtie placement. A 2019 SS in black looks damn amazing... I'd just fill in flowtie and then cover the whole center bar with black vinyl wrap.
Attached Images

thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #23
Saybo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
^^^ Yeah that looks so much better I can't understand why they didn't do that to begin with.
Saybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #24
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
V6 with red tail lights & styling is done! Who would have thought making more of a difference between LT & SS and LT would look better? Red tail lights look better than the clear goggles out back.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 PM   #25
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Hey, OP, as long as YOU like your car, that's all that matters! You got an awesome car that can REALLY go! What's not to like?

Cars go through various changes over the life of a model, sometimes mechanical changes, and sometimes cosmetic changes, and we will all like some of the changes and maybe not like others of the changes, it will always be a mixed bag that way.

So, I take the long view. I eagerly anticipated the Camaro before the first one was ever released. Everybody thought it was going to be called the Panther, then at the last minute, it changed to Camaro, and everyone was like WTF does that even mean, LOL. The car really changed a lot over the years through its generations, and honestly I don't really care for all of them. I guess the first two generations were my favorites. *shrug*

I love my 2016 2SS and will probably keep it until I die. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. Enjoy your new car!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:02 PM   #26
Silentlegion

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Manual (Karnage)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Hey mlee, i believe that was me... was wandering how you were able to pull away like it was nothing lol. Car looks clean and nice keep it up.

I own a 2019 as well, i love it, finally broke in the 1500 miles and now able to enjoy it to the fullest. The only down side i would say isnt the look but the performance. I dont know if its my driving with the manual but when i try to put the gas pedal to the floor it dosnt go right away like my pontiac g8 did (usually around 1500rpms when trying to do this). With my G8 if i pressed the pedal (automatic) it would go like i wanted it to go but with the 2SS it feels bogged. maybe someone has suggestions or tips on that because it could be driver error. Im looking into the tune to see if it could be anything in there but the way they tuned this beast it looks good so far. (compared to my g8 were it had so many issues(trans and spark ratio).

Overall i am amazed and glad of what i got, everyone that i have shown my car to is jealous... even my boss who owns a mustang ,he wants the blipping on his car now lol.

I have learned over my time that people are just opinionated especially with the growth of the internet were people feel like they have no consequence for what they say now. Ignore that and make yourself happy, thats all that matters because if your not happy your not enjoying life and just going to be miserable nearly all your life which im sure no one wants.

Welcome to the 2019 club, enjoy and be awsome.
Silentlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #27
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stgen515 View Post
Greetings and salutations to to all the Camaro6 folks
I Love my new 2019 2SS w/ the manual transmission! Coming from a 5th gen 2015 1SS, which I absolutely loved and enjoyed, the new 2019 2SS is so much better in every way. I especially love the new front and rear refresh. I seriously don’t understand why many folk don’t like the refresh. I actually like the way the car looks better than the 2018’s and prior. I know there is so much hype surrounding the 10 speed auto but, personally, I believe the manual is the only way to go in these cars. Fun factor, 200% in the manual. Oh, did I mention this is my daily driver. I drive in heavy New Jersey traffic everyday. I still love it! With the NPP exhaust, this thing sounds like a beast. Other than a GM cold air intake and other small non warranty void mods, I believe this factory car is fine as is. I have no plan for tracking the car. I don’t think, he, he, ;-)
Anyway, with that said, I want to here from the community at large. What do you think. There seems to be a lack of positive content on YouTube about these cars, especially with the manual transmission. I’m not a YouTube and not planning on becoming one but, I’d like to encourage those who post. Please give the rest of use who like this car some good content. Thank you in advance..

Plain and simple, the car itself is great . I had a 2016 V6 1lt 6 speed manual, and I loved each and every mile. I put 10k on the car. The 2019 especially the SS is just ugly. I was seriously considering a 2019 10 speed auto SS, but there is just no way I could live with such a ugly duck.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #28
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Enjoy the car. I don't care for its aesthetics but, that doesn't take away from the platform, engine, transmission, suspension, etc., etc. I was one of the few people that absolutely loved the 14+ 5th Gen refresh. If it wasn't for the refresh, I would have never given Camaro's a second glace. I disliked and still very much dislike the 10-13 Camaro's. I'm sure there are people on here who feel the same way about the 16-18 Camaro's. Either way, it's your car, your money and ultimately, your happiness. Have a blast.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote