#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Estimated Canadian Deliveries?

Talked to my dealer again today and now they’ve said my order has been “accepted” by GM but no other info as of yet, but that production for our cars won’t begin until April? (Was told end of Feb upon purchase in Jan) and to expect late spring delivery.
Curious what others waiting on their cars have been told if anything? My order was placed Jan 13approx, maybe we can organize order dates for estimated deliveries etc.
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
Rommel

Drives: 19 zl1
Ugh
I placed my order September 20th. Delivery by spring.
Late spring is going to suck
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
Rommel

And why did 2 2019 zl1s arrive in quebec and ontario well over a month ago
Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
Rommel

I don't have the 1le coming though.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #5
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Ugh
I placed my order September 20th. Delivery by spring.
Late spring is going to suck
Have you contacted your dealer to ask?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
Rommel

About 2 weeks ago was the last time I checked in. The order was a 2030 code.
Waiting to be picked up apparently.
I'll shoot him a msg now and see if any update in system
Old 02-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
19Nasty1le
Craig

Damn, I don’t have a code or anything yet haha, you may be before late spring with such a early purchase date then
Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #8
Michael52

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1, 1977 Yellow 308GTB
Guys, we get so few of these cars in Canada. I was on a list for a 2017 but never got one. My dealer had only 2 allocated. I stayed on the list and was first in line for a 2018 which i received in September 2017, but they had my deposit for 8 months. I didn't bother me because I have dealt with this dealership before and they are top notch. However I have heard there were many that were promised cars , but the dealership never had allocation. They were just hoping the order would get picked up. Your dealership should know absolutely how many cars they have been allocated , if any , and certainly it is only 1 or 2. And you should definitely know where you are in the pecking order. They should be able to show you any emails that provide this information from GM.
I hope you get your cars this spring/summer. You will have a blast!
Michael52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #9
Rommel

Today I'm code 2051.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael52 View Post
Guys, we get so few of these cars in Canada. I was on a list for a 2017 but never got one. My dealer had only 2 allocated. I stayed on the list and was first in line for a 2018 which i received in September 2017, but they had my deposit for 8 months. I didn't bother me because I have dealt with this dealership before and they are top notch. However I have heard there were many that were promised cars , but the dealership never had allocation. They were just hoping the order would get picked up. Your dealership should know absolutely how many cars they have been allocated , if any , and certainly it is only 1 or 2. And you should definitely know where you are in the pecking order. They should be able to show you any emails that provide this information from GM.
I hope you get your cars this spring/summer. You will have a blast!
Yes I hear ya brother.

I started searching last June for what dealer could get these and waited until they were released for order.
In September there were 2 allocated for eastern ontario. Both of which were going to a dealer in ottawa so I rushed there immediately to order what I wanted.
My zl has all ready been traded in back in september with them and gone.
Late spring is kind of a scary thought.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #11
wnyzl11le

Drives: 2019 zl1 1le
I can tell you from experience that having a car delivered in the winter is a huge headache. I bought a zl1 1le from a dealer in buffalo it was ordered in Dec car came last week. All for tires are cracked due to weather and now GM wont release the car till someone can come down and look at it. I was told it wouldn't be delivered till "spring" because of the known tire cracking issue in cold weather. So the situation is they have all the cash for the car and we are waiting on GM. I am not super happy with GM at this point.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #12
Moniker

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnyzl11le View Post
I can tell you from experience that having a car delivered in the winter is a huge headache. I bought a zl1 1le from a dealer in buffalo it was ordered in Dec car came last week. All for tires are cracked due to weather and now GM wont release the car till someone can come down and look at it. I was told it wouldn't be delivered till "spring" because of the known tire cracking issue in cold weather. So the situation is they have all the cash for the car and we are waiting on GM. I am not super happy with GM at this point.
I'm in Ontario and we are in the middle of winter. I had my ZL1 delivered last week and it's in my unheated garage. The tires look o.k. but I'm worried about the cracking. Is the cracking obvious any specific places to look at? Thanks
Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #13
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnyzl11le View Post
It's a widely known issue and you're upset with GM? The run-flats on your car are no different from all the others. I don't understand your animus toward them.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #14
Rommel

So is it just these good year super car tires? Must be very soft? Is that why they are cracking?
I've bought vettes that were delivered in winter.