Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 02-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #253
Whitecomet 36

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1le
I need it
Old 02-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #254
vararam industries

Drives: 2014 C7
WE know everyone wants this part yesterday . WE do as well, but we have to run the mileage test cycle. This is almost completed.

Yes, it is late to the party because we knew that a stock modified airbox could perform the same or if modified to our specs, better than what is currently available in the aftermarket.
Unlike other companies ,we guarantee a Power/Performance improvement with our products.
To do this It has to outperform a (almost free ) modified stock box by a substantial margin . In the dyno video it delivered 39HP OVER the modified stock box using the base unit.
It also has to deliver cold air into the intake manifold and add manifold pressure. We achieved all of these goals wile also making a substantial step forward in the quality of the product to be the same as, if not better than, OEM.
Then we have to run 12,000 miles of on-road and track testing in multiple weather conditions. This is almost complete.

On Personal note ,"I would rather show up late to the party with the prettiest girl, than show up early with a dog".

VR tech
Old 02-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #255
Whitecomet 36

Cool thanks for update. Is there a eta
Old 02-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #256
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vararam industries View Post
WE know everyone wants this part yesterday . WE do as well, but we have to run the mileage test cycle. This is almost completed.

Yes, it is late to the party because we knew that a stock modified airbox could perform the same or if modified to our specs, better than what is currently available in the aftermarket.
Unlike other companies ,we guarantee a Power/Performance improvement with our products.
To do this It has to outperform a (almost free ) modified stock box by a substantial margin . In the dyno video it delivered 39HP OVER the modified stock box using the base unit.
It also has to deliver cold air into the intake manifold and add manifold pressure. We achieved all of these goals wile also making a substantial step forward in the quality of the product to be the same as, if not better than, OEM.
Then we have to run 12,000 miles of on-road and track testing in multiple weather conditions. This is almost complete.

On Personal note ,"I would rather show up late to the party with the prettiest girl, than show up early with a dog".

VR tech
Sure NP, take your time on this. We all have all the time in the world. Right fellas?
Old 02-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #257
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Sure NP, take your time on this. We all have all the time in the world. Right fellas?
I personally dont mind the wait. Vararams reputation from its past products, speaks for itself. In fact, iirc, their products always came a little later.

I dont feel entitled enough to feel that vararam owes me a product under a certain deadline. Good things come to those to wait. Good products arent developed overnight. You want something now? Go get a roto-fab. You interested in a vararam? Then sit and wait. It gets released when it gets released

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:47 PM   #258
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
I personally dont mind the wait. Vararams reputation from its past products, speaks for itself. In fact, iirc, their products always came a little later.

I dont feel entitled enough to feel that vararam owes me a product under a certain deadline. Good things come to those to wait. Good products arent developed overnight. You want something now? Go get a roto-fab. You interested in a vararam? Then sit and wait. It gets released when it gets released
Yep...I have all the time in the world.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #259
bullet3z

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:

VR tech

So you are saying we can expect at least a 39 hp gain using your cold air intake vs what is currently on our cars from the factory? This is a plus 39 hp gain over the stock hp number? Is this with or without a aftermarket tune?
Old 02-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #260
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
I believe that 39 hp is on a zl1
Old 02-24-2019, 07:05 AM   #261
Whitecomet 36

Update just pls offer eta so I know to wait if I can of go rotofab. I can't image you don't have a eta. An example would be.

Hey guys we are working on the last few times gs etc we hope to have it out between April and July or whenever. You keep doing the question.

I get this takes time I appreciate the effort however give us a eta stop dancing around like a slimy lawyer nobody will sue it it's earlier or later but keep us in the loop please.

That's what is irking everyone. Your time table is when u are ready but some transperancy is lacking
Old 02-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #262
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecomet 36 View Post
Update just pls offer eta so I know to wait if I can of go rotofab. I can't image you don't have a eta. An example would be.

Hey guys we are working on the last few times gs etc we hope to have it out between April and July or whenever. You keep doing the question.

I get this takes time I appreciate the effort however give us a eta stop dancing around like a slimy lawyer nobody will sue it it's earlier or later but keep us in the loop please.

That's what is irking everyone. Your time table is when u are ready but some transperancy is lacking
Why update to RF when you can mod your stock box for nuttin' to outperform RF.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #263
Whitecomet 36

That's not what they claim. They claim more than that mod
Old 02-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #264
vararam industries

Drives: 2014 C7
WE should have a solid ETA very quickly .

I know this isn't Twitter But this is the plan:

1. Complete the final test miles. ( almost done)
2. We are heading back to the Dyno this week or next with the same car as well as a different "stock" car on a different dyno ,to do some back to back tests .
(Filming and Posting )
3. Over the next week or so we will finalize our production schedule so that we can see how quickly we can slot it into our existing production. This way we can do a full production run of LT-1's and LT-4 units.
4. Make instructions- its a simple install but we still have to do them.
( all photos are already completed) just need to add in verbal for both LT-1 and LT-4's.

VR tech
Old 02-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #265
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
WE should have a solid ETA very quickly .

I know this isn't Twitter But this is the plan:

1. Complete the final test miles. ( almost done)
2. We are heading back to the Dyno this week or next with the same car as well as a different "stock" car on a different dyno ,to do some back to back tests .
(Filming and Posting )
3. Over the next week or so we will finalize our production schedule so that we can see how quickly we can slot it into our existing production. This way we can do a full production run of LT-1's and LT-4 units.
4. Make instructions- its a simple install but we still have to do them.
( all photos are already completed) just need to add in verbal for both LT-1 and LT-4's.

VR tech
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 AM   #266
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
+1

Closed Thread