Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #15
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAvitia View Post
So doing this will allow the zl1 hood to fit the car? Since it doesn't fit stock ss and lt models?
To my understanding yes. Gabe.design on instagram did exactly that.

Keep in mind, AndersonComposites already makes a ZL1 styled hood in CF that fits SS models, and it is MUCH cheaper than trying to get an OEM hood new (over $3000 due to the hilariously priced hood scoop).
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:22 AM   #16
GP86

Drives: 2017 2SS
I am in love with this!
Old 09-16-2017, 02:40 AM   #17
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Car looks gorgeous! Thanks for doing this write up. You literally just saved me from wanting to eat a gun trying to get our ZL1 bumper to line up with our hood lol. I had suspicions they were different (I had the same fitment issues you did) but kept getting told by GM contacts I was crazy.

I though my hood had warped, put a metal one on same thing. I thought that our mold was off (I started with a ZL1 bumper, replicated it to make the changes we wanted for the IROC-Z cars) and my designer and I were losing our minds deciding if we should make the bumper fit the hood or if the hood was off and we should make the hood fit the bumper... now we have confirmation... make the bumper fit the hood
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post
Car looks gorgeous! Thanks for doing this write up. You literally just saved me from wanting to eat a gun trying to get our ZL1 bumper to line up with our hood lol. I had suspicions they were different (I had the same fitment issues you did) but kept getting told by GM contacts I was crazy.

I though my hood had warped, put a metal one on same thing. I thought that our mold was off (I started with a ZL1 bumper, replicated it to make the changes we wanted for the IROC-Z cars) and my designer and I were losing our minds deciding if we should make the bumper fit the hood or if the hood was off and we should make the hood fit the bumper... now we have confirmation... make the bumper fit the hood

Any photos of this bumper yet. Might like it better than the mp concepts one
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:20 PM   #19
Slow_V8
Slow_V8

Drives: 16 white 2ss
some girl hit my car and it screwed up my front fasica so i was considering to change into the zl1 with the money that i'll be getting...
I wondering with the stock ss fenders + zl1 front fasica will work? or do i have to get the zl1 fenders?
Old 09-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Looks good.. did you look at the splitter? Did you paint or leave it flat blk.. well what I mean is I couldn't tell if it was paint or flat blk primer ready for paint..

Some pics of the ZL1 1LE aero pkg... Hopefully spoiker here next week..

The splitter and splitter winglets look to be flat painted or blk primer..

Unlike the normal ZL1 snooth mosaic blk upper and lower grill these are a flat textured surface as well as the dive planes.. the bezels that hold the dive planes are a tad shinier.

I don't really like the mosaic blk ground effects on our Zl1 and I know this isn't a true 1le so to be different I'm stuck between painting all the parts mosaic blk to match what's on out cars, wrap the side skirts and rear valance matte blk maybe the splitter if it doesn't match flat blk (more cost effective ), or carbon fiber skinning splitter, side skirts, and rear valance or cf wrap those parts. The dive planes are textured they can be skinned cf but not wrapped.

Anymore ideas?
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #21
Mlbraptor

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Looking good..
Mlbraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #22
ThatRedFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Looks good.. did you look at the splitter? Did you paint or leave it flat blk.. well what I mean is I couldn't tell if it was paint or flat blk primer ready for paint..

Some pics of the ZL1 1LE aero pkg... Hopefully spoiker here next week..

The splitter and splitter winglets look to be flat painted or blk primer..

Unlike the normal ZL1 snooth mosaic blk upper and lower grill these are a flat textured surface as well as the dive planes.. the bezels that hold the dive planes are a tad shinier.

I don't really like the mosaic blk ground effects on our Zl1 and I know this isn't a true 1le so to be different I'm stuck between painting all the parts mosaic blk to match what's on out cars, wrap the side skirts and rear valance matte blk maybe the splitter if it doesn't match flat blk (more cost effective ), or carbon fiber skinning splitter, side skirts, and rear valance or cf wrap those parts. The dive planes are textured they can be skinned cf but not wrapped.

Anymore ideas?
Ultimately I let the paint shop decide- they refinished the front splitter to protect it and it's roughly the same color as the dive planes but without that "textured" look. It's pretty darn close to how they look on the real car - I would never be able to spot the "real" color. My priority is protecting it, haha.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #23
ThatRedFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post

Super glad to help, I've been a big fan of you guys for ages (I still own an LS1 Fbody that I'm planning to get some parts from you early next year on!).

Old 10-03-2017, 03:28 AM   #24
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Anymore pics of the car at a wider angle? Cropping the cars front so close to the right edge is making its proportions look funny...

Are you going with the GM OEM spoiler? I would be worried about going after market considering that the GM one has been windtunnel tested and is there to balance the front dive plans and splitter
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:12 AM   #25
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
More pics..
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:41 AM   #26
ThatRedFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
More pics..
Your car looks amazing. Haven't seen a yellow ZL1 1LE yet (anywhere outside of a Chevrolet configurator).

Love it!!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #27
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
It's unfortunate that these parts aren't on restriction from GM like the 5th gen Z/28 body parts were.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #28
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
It's unfortunate that these parts aren't on restriction from GM like the 5th gen Z/28 body parts were.
Why?
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote