Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
BIG_BEAR

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Question Stock to NPP Conversion

So, when I got my 2017 2SS, it didn't come with the NPP exhaust nor the Magnetic Ride control. Is it possible for me to change out the rear fascia, install an NPP exhaust, and wire in a switch to the center console to control the mode I'm in? I've considered doing this, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the non-NPP and NPP Camaros are, so I don't know what limitations may be there, if any.
BIG_BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_BEAR View Post
So, when I got my 2017 2SS, it didn't come with the NPP exhaust nor the Magnetic Ride control. Is it possible for me to change out the rear fascia, install an NPP exhaust, and wire in a switch to the center console to control the mode I'm in? I've considered doing this, but I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the non-NPP and NPP Camaros are, so I don't know what limitations may be there, if any.
I'm not sure that GM sells the NPP exhaust as a separate part, unless you were referring to using some third party product?

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:24 PM   #3
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
The answer is no you cannot wire it in, but why would you want the NPP? It just allows you to go from normal to quiet. Electronic cutouts would probably be a much better option unless you're looking for a quieter exhaust.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #4
17txcamaross

You could take the NPP exhaust and use it on your vehicle. Something as simple as the Mild to Wild controller could probably be used. This would not allow for Tour, Sport, Track and Stealth mode though.

MY guess is you could do NPP, but only be able to use the valves fully closed (Stealth) or Fully Open (Track...well a bit more than track).

Track normally closes at cruising speeds, but in this case you would be wide open all the time.

I personally did not think the NPP was loud enough. Now I have the MBRP Race axleback. I will either go back to NPP or some other NPP enabled exhaust once headers go on.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
BIG_BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
I'm not sure that GM sells the NPP exhaust as a separate part, unless you were referring to using some third party product?
I'm thinking of using a third party exhaust, rather than the stock NPP exhaust. I really just want the ability to swap between loud and quiet.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
BIG_BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
The answer is no you cannot wire it in, but why would you want the NPP? It just allows you to go from normal to quiet. Electronic cutouts would probably be a much better option unless you're looking for a quieter exhaust.
I'm not looking for quieter exhaust, but rather the functionality of going from loud to silent. The stock exhaust is super boring, but I don't want to annoy my neighbors every morning as I'm leaving for classes.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #7
BIG_BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
You could take the NPP exhaust and use it on your vehicle. Something as simple as the Mild to Wild controller could probably be used. This would not allow for Tour, Sport, Track and Stealth mode though.

MY guess is you could do NPP, but only be able to use the valves fully closed (Stealth) or Fully Open (Track...well a bit more than track).

Track normally closes at cruising speeds, but in this case you would be wide open all the time.

I personally did not think the NPP was loud enough. Now I have the MBRP Race axleback. I will either go back to NPP or some other NPP enabled exhaust once headers go on.
I may actually try this. I'm not looking for the intermediate functionality of NPP, just the ability to switch on the fly.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Keep the stock exhaust and add in some cutouts.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 camaro, conversion, npp