Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 08-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
bhopp@matixcomputer.com

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Thumbs up VMAX Throttle Body

I was having my camaro go into a "Reduced Power Mode" constantly and read on this forum that I may want to take a look at the throttle body. I looked around and decided to purchase a VMAX Throttle body. In this case because I figured my throttle body had a problem with the sensor I decided to have VMAX purchase a new throttle body and mill it. Received the Throttle Body and installed (about 20 minutes). Idle ran high for a few days, discussed with a mechanic friend and he indicated that problem will go away (and it did). However after about a week it went back into the "Reduced Power Mode" again. I called the gentleman at VMAX and ask if he had any advice on my problem. He offered to send me another Throttle Body and put it on and see if the problem went away. I told him I would check the items he mentioned and I would call him back (this is a Tuesday). I got busy, never checked anything but was really getting bothered with the "Reduced Power Mode", on Friday Pete whom I believe is the proprietor of the shop called ME back and ask how it was going. I apologetically told him I had not done anything, he said don't worry and indicated that he had sent me a new one and continued to say put it on and see how it goes. Got the new one, put it on and it has run great ever since. Idle was fine from the start. I drove to the River (from So Cal) and it worked perfectly. My point is that if you're looking for a simple bolt on improvement for your Camaro, then this is shop you want to deal with. He sent me the shipping label to send back the first one, which I am sending back now. Thanks Pete. Great job...
bhopp@matixcomputer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
zman1969

Drives: 1969 R/S Z28 302 m20 Endura
Good news to hear about a vendor that goes way beyond expectations. whats your feedback of performance improvement over stock?
zman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body, throttle, vmax