Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-31-2017, 01:08 AM   #1
BlkCamaroSS

Drives: 2SS 2016
Torque Converter Replacement Done, Now More Issues

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was having issues getting my account activated for a long time and finally got an email from an admin that it has been activated so i figured i'd post a recent story and maybe get some suggestion if people have had the same experience(s).

About a month ago I noticed my car vibrating and did some searches on the forum that brought up the TC issues for many. I went to my dealer and they decided to jump straight to the TC replacement (no 3 time flush method) as my car doesn't have many miles on it, which i figured was good. I made an appointment a week in advance and took the car in. I was told it would be 2 days tops. I kept getting guaranteed that it will be ready in 2 days, next day, in another 3 days, then being told a bolt seized up, etc. The car was there for 2+ weeks and i finally got it back 2 days ago after i spoke with the GM and raised the issue (didn't get a loaner either, was finally told they'd give me one 2 days before i picked up my car which was not really helpful).

I now have the NPP rattle (from what i've been able to pin it down to as it seems to be coming from the rear passenger) and also notice a vibration or a feel that something is grinding underneath when i rest my hand on the shifter under heavier/sudden acceleration (A8) (this is the larger of the 2 issues for me tbh). This was definitely not how it was before i took it in and is honestly quite annoying as i have my hand on the shift quite often while driving.

Has anyone experienced anything similar after having their TC replaced?

I'm going to take the car back in a few days so they can look at it but seeing as how long they had it the first time, i figured i might as well just make a thread on here as others could have experienced similar things.

Thanks,
Ross
BlkCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:52 AM   #2
Wiehl

Drives: 2018 1LT LTG
Where in FL are you?
Wiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
BlkCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiehl View Post
Where in FL are you?
In the Tampa area.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
My 6MT shifter was never the same again after I took it in for an oil change and interior cabin rattles....sigh
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
BlkCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
My 6MT shifter was never the same again after I took it in for an oil change and interior cabin rattles....sigh
Ah sorry to hear that, i know how annoying it can be.

Update: Dropped off car at dealer today and they gave me an '18 to drive while they work on it.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #6
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
I got my TC replaced 3 weeks ago. Now my exhaust squeaks. Probably because they have to remove the entire exhaust system from the vehicle in order to replace the TC. At least that is what my dealer told me. Thinking about taking it to a service shop that specializes in only exhausts to fix the squeaking. I do not have the NPP rattle, as I do not have NPP on my Borla exhaust.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
BlkCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_7888 View Post
I got my TC replaced 3 weeks ago. Now my exhaust squeaks. Probably because they have to remove the entire exhaust system from the vehicle in order to replace the TC. At least that is what my dealer told me. Thinking about taking it to a service shop that specializes in only exhausts to fix the squeaking. I do not have the NPP rattle, as I do not have NPP on my Borla exhaust.
Yeah, they have to take the exhaust and a bunch of stuff to get to the TC.

I thought mine was the NPP rattle as it came from the back of the car down near the NPP. I got the car back today and it turned out it was a loose bolt (or so they told me).

I have the Vitesse Throttle Controller installed and found it funny that they stated on the paperwork "Customer has Throttle Controller installed. Pictures sent to GM and saved on customer's file". They had my car for 2 weeks prior to that and i've serviced it there before and it's never been anything, but i think the tech was just upset it went back lol.

Take it back and have them re-check everything, i had to leave mine there for about day and a half or 2 while they gave me an '18 to drive, but if it fixes it it's well worth it.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
I sold my new Silverado because of the TC issue, it was never the same after the dealer touched it. IMO GM's quality has fallen to the point that I am about done, for good. My new 1LE has more rattles than a daycare center, the paint is awful and don't even get me started on the "high quality" headliner.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #9
BlkCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyouand987.2 View Post
I sold my new Silverado because of the TC issue, it was never the same after the dealer touched it. IMO GM's quality has fallen to the point that I am about done, for good. My new 1LE has more rattles than a daycare center, the paint is awful and don't even get me started on the "high quality" headliner.
I feel you, if i didn't need to take it for the TC i never would have let them touch it. Just doesn't feel the same. On top of that the TC issue came back today (shaking/vibrating). I was thinking of taking it back as i know some members on here had their entire A8 replaced, but not sure if i want them doing that or if they'll even go for it.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #10
BlkCamaroSS

BTW when i got my car back from taking it back for the noise in the rear (after the TC was replaced), i got the car back with 10 extra miles on it. I'm all for a test drive but 10 miles? Seems very excessive. Maybe i'm paranoid but plenty of dealer's techs joy ride the cars, from experience.

I also got the car back with a bubble in the tire which wasn't there (i know, good luck proving that) and the shaking/vibrating is back and much worse than even before the TC was replaced. The TC shaking issue actually disappeared after the TC replacement, and when i took it back for the noise in the rear the car had 10 miles put it on with the vibrating/shaking back (and much worse) + the bubble in tire. Pretty sure they drove it and ****** with it but no way to prove.