Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
14camaro2ss

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS/SS crystal red
advice on paint problem

i picked up my new camaro from the dealer last monday, i put about 150 miles on the car, washed it and put it away in the garage due to the salty roads in new york. while i was drying the car off i noticed a few paint blemishes on the car, two of them are noticeable, the biggest one is next to the rear window. it looks like the paint had a reaction when it was painted. At first in the sun it looked like tree sap but a closer look, that paint looks like it has some small cracks in that area.

*it looks a lot worse in the picture from a few feet away looks like a water stain or tree sap.*

Im afraid if i bring it to the dealer they are gonna wanna have it repainted, and i dont really want to drive it with how much salt they just put on the roads after the last storm. not sure if i want my one week old car repainted. What would you guys recommend? is there any fix?
Attached Images

14camaro2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I say repaint it, I bought a black Camaro and it was so scuffed up that I'm still considering it.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
It's not that big of a deal to repaint it. A great body shop can color match perfectly, and the paint you're getting is more than likely better paint anyway.

My Camaro has been involved in 8 parking lots incidents (all of which I wasn't in the car). It sucks to have a car repainted so soon but it will look better than that spot.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #4
Rick's Camaro

Drives: 1967-2014 Camaro's
Sorry to hear that happened to your Camaro, but we may have a solution for you. Check out our Dr. ColorChip® Camaro Paint Chip Repair Kit, we offer a variety of colors so be sure to check your paint code before purchasing.

Here is the link, PM if you need help
http://www.rickscamaros.com/dr-color...2010-2012.html
Rick's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #5
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Camaro View Post
Sorry to hear that happened to your Camaro, but we may have a solution for you. Check out our Dr. ColorChip® Camaro Paint Chip Repair Kit, we offer a variety of colors so be sure to check your paint code before purchasing.

Here is the link, PM if you need help
http://www.rickscamaros.com/dr-color...2010-2012.html
Rick, since it seems you have a good bit of experience on this, and not to hi-jack the OP's thread, but is there a good Dr. ColorChip for the White Diamond Tri-Coat (I call it Pearl) that is used on the Avalanches?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #6
Rick's Camaro

Drives: 1967-2014 Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Rick, since it seems you have a good bit of experience on this, and not to hi-jack the OP's thread, but is there a good Dr. ColorChip for the White Diamond Tri-Coat (I call it Pearl) that is used on the Avalanches?
Yes I looked our their website and they do carry the White Diamond. I think I've seen it on some newer Malibu's as well but I could be wrong on that. Really nice color.
Rick's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #7
MATTESONDM

Drives: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
so you bought this car new? Can you take it back to the dealer and get it fixed for free? I wouldn't think your short drive did that to the paint? That's a factory defect to me
Old 01-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #8
14camaro2ss

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS/SS crystal red
yes car is brand new, the defect is under the clear coat, i called the dealer and i am going to bring the car in when the weather is nicer. its been snowing on an off the last few days and the roads are covered in salt.
14camaro2ss is offline   Reply With Quote