Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentlegion View Post
Hey mlee, i believe that was me... was wandering how you were able to pull away like it was nothing lol. Car looks clean and nice keep it up.

I own a 2019 as well, i love it, finally broke in the 1500 miles and now able to enjoy it to the fullest. The only down side i would say isnt the look but the performance. I dont know if its my driving with the manual but when i try to put the gas pedal to the floor it dosnt go right away like my pontiac g8 did (usually around 1500rpms when trying to do this). With my G8 if i pressed the pedal (automatic) it would go like i wanted it to go but with the 2SS it feels bogged. maybe someone has suggestions or tips on that because it could be driver error. Im looking into the tune to see if it could be anything in there but the way they tuned this beast it looks good so far. (compared to my g8 were it had so many issues(trans and spark ratio).

Overall i am amazed and glad of what i got, everyone that i have shown my car to is jealous... even my boss who owns a mustang ,he wants the blipping on his car now lol.

I have learned over my time that people are just opinionated especially with the growth of the internet were people feel like they have no consequence for what they say now. Ignore that and make yourself happy, thats all that matters because if your not happy your not enjoying life and just going to be miserable nearly all your life which im sure no one wants.

Welcome to the 2019 club, enjoy and be awsome.
Ha Ha... I was in my truck so that's pretty bad.

Kept thinking dang this car coming up behind me looks bad ass with the light setup and then when it got close I saw it was you.

Torque management may be what you're experiencing. Turning off the nannies may help a little.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #30
interceptor19

Drives: No Camaro yet
First post from a new guy here. I was a hardcore Mustang man, and didn't even give the Camaro a look until the '16+ styling change. I might be in the minority here, but the '19 Camaro is about to get me to pull the trigger on one. I really like the refresh.

My wife is not much of a car person, but we just went car shopping this weekend. We looked at a '19 Camaro and an '18 Mustang, both in silver. She even agreed that it was absolutely no contest in the looks department. The Camaro was the hands down winner.

So I guess not everybody hates the looks of the '19.
interceptor19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #31
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor19 View Post
I really like the refresh.
The Camaro was the hands down winner.
So I guess not everybody hates the looks of the '19.
Nope, not by a long shot.
I was ready to buy a Bullitt and liked that refresh as I never had a current mustang so not biased. Mustang owners were apeshit over the refresh just like current Camaro owners are now.

The Bullitt fell through and that is when the Camaro refresh hit.
Again, no bias as a current Camaro owner and I liked it.
Factory ordered and enjoying my 2SS!
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #32
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
2019 great

I love the 2019 camaro refresh..i also like those two colors, crush and satin steel gray!..I have a 2017 4cyl and I am thinking about updating to a 2019 v6...
Attached Images

rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #33
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
I love the 2019 camaro refresh..i also like those two colors, crush and satin steel gray!..I have a 2017 4cyl and I am thinking about updating to a 2019 v6...
Go for it, V6, more HP by a bit, but no blow up on the track. Get the red tail lights, eliminates googles look.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM   #34
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
WTH!!! I saw (3) 2019 Camaros on the way home from work. All were traveling in the opposite direction from me on the expressway. I saw a black one first. Then, a few minutes later, I saw a white one; it had the hood vent so I assume it was an SS. Then, a few minutes later I saw an orange one. The DRL headlights are different...like there's a break in them or something. But the look is kinda growing on me. I'll probably take a closer look at one the next time I go to the dealership.
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #35
Titantual

Drives: 2019 2SS Convertible
I grew up drooling over my Uncles 67' Camaro, I am finally in a place to purchase my own Camaro. I ordered a 2019 2ss Convertible Camaro in Crush, I have read and watched just about every review or post on the 6th Gen. The 2019 front fascia looks mean and rich, the 16 - 18 looks cheap. But I honestly never paid attention before to front of a Camaro, all the curves are in the side and hips. But I think the main point of contention is being a purist or not. To each their own.
Titantual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #36
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titantual View Post
I grew up drooling over my Uncles 67' Camaro, I am finally in a place to purchase my own Camaro. I ordered a 2019 2ss Convertible Camaro in Crush, I have read and watched just about every review or post on the 6th Gen. The 2019 front fascia looks mean and rich, the 16 - 18 looks cheap. But I honestly never paid attention before to front of a Camaro, all the curves are in the side and hips. But I think the main point of contention is being a purist or not. To each their own.
You’re going to love that car!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #37
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Congrats. Enjoy!

There are many on the road here, mostly verts. I see a half dozen or so every day. I wasn't a fan at first (both front and back), but the refresh has really grown on me.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:46 PM   #38
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Congratulations on your new Camaro! Enjoy!
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #39
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Like the refreshed 19 SS hood. The nose would be a nice refresh if they can move the bowtie to the grill. Prefer the older style rear end, but like the restyled taillights just a tad more. You got a manual Camaro SS, you done good, congrats!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:12 PM   #40
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Congrats on your car and I hope you enjoy it. I'm okay with the changes, although I agree with many that the flotie is a bit awkward. If they come through with the Sema front end setup, that will be better. No problem with the tail lights. If something happened to my 2017, I would have no problem ordering a 2019. As it is, this may be my last car and I'm loving it.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:56 AM   #41
the_swiSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I love that you love your new car! Congrats! I for one don't hate the '19, but I think there's something just evil about the '18 front end. I do however much prefer the '18 tail lights (especially the GM tinted ones).
Attached Images

Black Bowties - GM Fuel Door - Black Camaro Fender Logo - K&N Air Filter - Katech ported TB - GM Dark Tail Lights - GM ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light - HRE FF04 - Eibach Springs
the_swiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:52 AM   #42
Doin It For Dale

Drives: Bald Eagle,
There was a Riverside Blue SS convertible at the Jax Auto Show and that was the first time that I had seen the refresh up close. I like it a lot, and pictures can't do it any justice. You have to see a car in person to get the full affect of its design. It looks far better than the Challenger IMO, and I still like it more than the Mustang. I didn't even pay attention to the bowtie, but the black bar didn't look bad at all.

Aside from looks, you can't beat the performance and driving experience of an SS for the money.
Doin It For Dale is offline   Reply With Quote