Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2019, 12:10 AM   #43
urirx98

Drives: 2016 Bumble Bee Yellow 2SS
Well just placed order with discount Tire and they matched all prices from their website which had additional discount this weekend (10% off) . 4 tires with certificates for 890 installed then get 70$ rebate from general. Also going to order a 20 inch rim and install one of front tires to keep at home as spare just incase. Theres another thread on same tires and alot of them love these tires. Cant wait to get them on, Monday if early, tuesday if they call me late. Updates to follow
Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #44
urirx98

Well new tires installed yesterday and wow its nice not to slide around anymore lol. I got to say those eagles were crap,totally falling apart at 18k miles, actually had some cord showing on my rears ( on the inside part your cant see )

1st impressions of the tires and they are alright. I hope they get better when they break in cause sometimes i feel like they hesitate when i put peddle down. They had to replace the sensors and stuff when they pealed the old tires off so hopefully they didnt mess anything up, but i have warranties for wear and damage ( thru Direct TIre)

2nd, I bought a 20x8.5 inch rim from ebay ( vision cross ) and will be gettin a used tire to put on it to keep in garage. Just insurance incase i get a flat, i can be towed home, replace tire with something that fits both front and back and then drive to DT ( 15 min away) safely and not damage car driving on a donut not made for our car. Rim was 62$ and used tire should be like 50-70 depending on tread or size, so much cheaper then the 200$ a junk yard wanted or 300 they want for the spare on internet , will keep you updated in few weeks of driving but atleast theres not much road sound
Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 PM   #45
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
You'll enjoy the new tires! After break-in they definitely get better.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #46
urirx98

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
You'll enjoy the new tires! After break-in they definitely get better.
i Deff got to say they are way better then the stock run flats but yest hopefully they do get better.

2nd I got my new spare all set up, the 20x8.5 rim came yesterday and i called a tire place i have bought used tires from before and he actually had a 245/40/20 goodyear tire almost brand new, installed on my new spare 64$ out the door, so my new spare tire cost me total of 130$, im a happy camper
Old 04-09-2019, 12:17 AM   #47
urirx98

So 2 weeks in on new tires and not sure how i am liking them. Sometimes they seem pretty smooth but sadly the roads in South Florida are terrible, they also have those reflectors off the lines that they are supposed to help light up. Im wondering what you guys keep your tire pressure at and if you got a alignment after replacing all tires. i have @19k miles , let me know, thanks