Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #197
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Another CUV/SUV thingy? As a diehard GM customer, this new "Blazer" doesn't make much sense. We already have a slew of other effeminate CUV vehicles in the GM lineup for soccer moms to choose from.

It's a 100% subjective topic, but why not make this Blazer a more rugged SUV, rather than just adding to the already bland, GM CUV/SUV stable?
(more or less, this is what GM offers under the Chevy nameplate):
Trax
Trax + 2" = Equinox
Equinox + 2" = Blazer
Blazer + 2" = Traverse

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
GM is always so conservative with their designs and ideas. Frustrating...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #198
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Because there are more soccer moms than there are Macho Man Randy Savages out there that would go off roading in a rugged SUV. And at the end of the day, GM is in this business to make money.

Also, I wouldn't call this Blazer design, inside and out, to be conservative at all.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #199
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Was having this discussion this morning with a co-worker. We were discussing the transitions of nameplates, some of them iconic. My question to him was what was the bigger “offense”? Going from the K5 Blazer to the S10 Blazer, with both in the market at the same time or going from the S10 Blazer to the 2019 Blazer after the nameplate had more than 15 years to “cool off”?

Then we started talking about which is the greatest departure from the legacy?

Original Impala —> today’s Impala
Original Malibu —> today’s Malibu
Original T-Bird —> pick a T-Bird
Original Explorer —> today’s Explorer
Original 300 —> LH platform 300
Original Regal —> Today’s Regal

Setting aside the point in time when Chrysler / Dodge slapped the Charger name on a tarted up Omni, we sort of agreed that T-Bird is the worst offender, though he’s still more than a little salty about the Blazer.
Great post to help spur some thinking and healthy distraction at work!

I'm thinking, for me, the Original Malibu —> today’s Malibu transition is the most painful..because with it died the Chevelle potential.

And yes! The Charger on a tarted up Omni was hilarious...I had a girlfriend who had an Omni and was crazytown protective of it..and drooled every time a GLH or GLHS went by...
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #200
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Great post to help spur some thinking and healthy distraction at work!

I'm thinking, for me, the Original Malibu —> today’s Malibu transition is the most painful..because with it died the Chevelle potential.

And yes! The Charger on a tarted up Omni was hilarious...I had a girlfriend who had an Omni and was crazytown protective of it..and drooled every time a GLH or GLHS went by...
The real Malibu died in '83 when the G/A bodies ended production. Some would say it died after '72 and became sort of a personal luxury coupe but the potential was still there if you wanted to soup it up.

When they brought back the name in '97 it was on a horrible front wheel drive sedan.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #201
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Because there are more soccer moms than there are Macho Man Randy Savages out there that would go off roading in a rugged SUV. And at the end of the day, GM is in this business to make money.

Also, I wouldn't call this Blazer design, inside and out, to be conservative at all.
As I stated...subjective.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #202
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
As I stated...subjective.
as was mine. I guess I should have said it.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #203
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
You Guys still leaving in the K5 Name?
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #204
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:

Sadly Macho Man can't snap his way into anything!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #205
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I dont see t he big deal with calling that a Blazer. Hell most people have excepted calling a four door sedan a Charger. Its really no big deal. Im just happy they finally made a nice looking three letter.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #206
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I honestly had no idea there were Blazer enthusiasts.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:42 PM   #207
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I honestly had no idea there were Blazer enthusiasts.
Even there are YUGO Enthusiasts.... So the possibilities are many
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:37 PM   #208
DRKS1D3

Quote:
as was mine. I guess I should have said it.
No need, I hear what you're saying. When new vehicles are unveiled, everyone has an opinion. It gets people talking about the new product. Here we are ~15 pages deep discussing, for the most part, aesthetics.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #209
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The biggest problem I see is it’ll be sold at a Chevy dealer. Shame.

Ryan (xc_SS/RS) and I met up yesterday for lunch and each of us had horrible Chevy dealership stories. I sadly have many. Yet when I bought my new CR-V in March they were incredible. I’m honestly to the point that if I was in the market for something like this and it was everything I wanted, I still wouldn’t buy one. That should tell GM something, but based on their absolute cluelessness in customer service it’s clear they don’t care.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:12 AM   #210
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I'm on the side of "no, this isn't a Blazer". Those Blazer enthusiast like the old, big, beat the heck out of it, lift it, modify it, make it their own with lifts, winches, big tires, etc.

This looks like just another soccer mom delivery vehicle. There doesn't appear to be anything that even resembles the old Bronco. If you have 20 different SUV's pass me on the highway, and one of them were this, I wouldn't give it a second look, nor go "OMG, the new Blazer".

I think the expectation was it to have more "truck" like features. IMO. How you going to run some 44"s on this thing?
Attached Images

hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote