Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #337
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Ford put the name on an SUV. The discussion here is a Camaro with EV propulsion rather than ICE.
This thread is just batting practice for when GM comes above ground with the Corvette e-SUV.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:15 AM   #338
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
My hope for a new ICE Camaro was VSS-R, but that seems dead too? I haven't seen anything in the news about it for a long time
We (my company) think it’s dead. Money that would have gone into developing it is rolled into the $27B that GM has committed to development of Ultium platforms.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 05-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #339

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
This thread is just batting practice for when GM comes above ground with the Corvette e-SUV.
Thanks for the heads-up...But really no surprise....This whole EV future is one grotesque nightmare and likely to get worse...

Here's just the start...Their own policy and plans for one platform of batteries for every vehicle they will make...They announced what, six or so of the new EVs of the 30 new ones promised by 2025?....With most still to be seen, the differences will be few , and the prices for the better performing ones will be sky-high. I believe the Camaro is as dead as a door knob....GM doesn't care. Their plans and policies look to be iron-clad already....

https://www.gm.com/our-stories/commi...echnology.html
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #340
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I have seen 2 Mach-E now and they look terrible in person. As the 2nd one went by my wife said "WTF was that - hideous"

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #341
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
your wife was correct...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:36 AM   #342
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I have seen 2 Mach-E now and they look terrible in person. As the 2nd one went by my wife said "WTF was that - hideous"
Being that I live within spitting distance of Ford World HQ, I see them several times a week ( Mach I, too). If you like CUVs (I do) they look just fine. If I didn’t already lock in on a Cadillac Lyriq in my future, it would be on my list.

Just goes to show, tastes vary. That’s why there are so many configurations of vehicles in the market.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:01 AM   #343
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Bigger WTF if she ever happens to lay eyes on the Corvette EUV if that even comes to fruition.

The new Blazer is a Camaro SUV, so we're safe from that idea.... I hope.

But the Blazer could've been a perfect opportunity to be a true Bronco rivalry and bring more competition to the Jeep segment, what is Chevy doing...

Last edited by ModernCamaroZ28Fan; 05-06-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: grammar
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:12 AM   #344
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up...But really no surprise....This whole EV future is one grotesque nightmare and likely to get worse...

Here's just the start...Their own policy and plans for one platform of batteries for every vehicle they will make...They announced what, six or so of the new EVs of the 30 new ones promised by 2025?....With most still to be seen, the differences will be few , and the prices for the better performing ones will be sky-high. I believe the Camaro is as dead as a door knob....GM doesn't care. Their plans and policies look to be iron-clad already....

https://www.gm.com/our-stories/commi...echnology.html
You left out the key word, "flexible" It's a flexible platform.

When you look at this as an "architecture" (which it isn't) GM has 3 cars of off Alpha, all of different size and shape but with some key structural elements that carry over. But no one confuses a Camaro with a CT4 or 5.

Off of Epsilon for example (which had 2 wheel bases) GM had Malibu and Regal (SWB) and LaCrosse, Impala and XTS (LWB) all very different vehicles.

Why does everyone seem to think GM is going to have single cookie cutter cars from going EV. That's just not the case.

The Ultium battery and EV motors will allow varying wheel bases, tracks and cars, SUVs and Trucks. That's far from what you are suggesting.

Me, I'm excited to see the new Cadillac Sedan, hand built and yes wildly expensive. I just want to see where GM goes with that. Could be something very interesting.

And please everyone needs to keep in mind that the guy running much of this at GM, Mark Reuss, is the same guy that stopped the original Gen5 Z/28 and made a last minute change to make it the ZL1 because in his mind a Z/28 needed to be naturally asperated. IF we get an EV Camaro coupe, it will be true to the nature of the car. Just hopefully a better coupe than the Gen6
Old 05-06-2021, 10:14 AM   #345
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Drako GTE got good review by car & driver and only 1.2 million $.
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #346
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Bigger WTF if she ever happens to lay eyes on the Corvette EUV if that even comes to fruition.

The new Blazer is a Camaro SUV, so we're safe from that idea.... I hope.

But the Blazer could've been a perfect opportunity to be a true Bronco rivalry and bring more competition to the Jeep segment, what is Chevy doing...
Well if Lamborghini and Aston Martin have an SUV..........
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #347

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Can't wait to see an E-Vette driver comparing notes with the Amazon delivery truck guy about their unique performance and power plants.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #348
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Both are terrible looking. Those damn CUVs are just terrible. Just stretching a car that does not need to be streched.

I do not blame them, because they sell, especially here in the USA. But man they are ugly.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #349
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Ferrari has an SUV now too. Corvette will get one guaranteed. We are living in the age of the crossover now haha.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #350
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Those aren't real Lambos or Astons anyway.

As someone who witnessed, first hand about 10 years ago, a 1980s 911 owner come glaringly close to being arrested for assault on an innocent Porsche rep at the auto show because Porsche had decided to start selling SUVs, I can tell you that you may not understand where purists and enthusiasts stand.

And please do not try.

And please do not give your side of it, or your opinion, or why you think we're wrong.

You simply do not understand, never will, and it should be left at that.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote