Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
seat covers

I just put my neoprene seat covers on.
They fit great and I am happy with them.
I prefer the IOM leather but they are starting to show some wear.
They can be taken off easily if I ever want to go without for a while.
Right now Im thinking Ill leave them on for fall and winter and take them off for spring and summer.
For those that are curious, I bought them here.
Here is a pic of them.

Last edited by SM0KE; 10-18-2011 at 12:14 PM.
SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
It is my opinion that I paid for my new SS and I will wear the NEW off of her. I will not cover anything up to preserve it for the next owner to enjoy. I will only get seat covers AFTER I wear out my upholstery.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
chevychase

Drives: chevy man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
It is my opinion that I paid for my new SS and I will wear the NEW off of her. I will not cover anything up to preserve it for the next owner to enjoy. I will only get seat covers AFTER I wear out my upholstery.

THIS !

Enjoy that baby, wear it out ! lol

I can see other peoples pov and wanting to baby their car but I'm just not of that school of thought. The seats are there for you to put your ass on them. If they cant accomplish that simple task then its time to get a new car.
chevychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
Bruce_Lee

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS, RS, Automatic.
What about the 'side impact airbags' in the front seats? Won't the covers obstruct them?

Are these 'special' seat covers that won't be in the way when the side air bags deploy/explode?

Just curious because several people have suggested not to install seat covers for this reason. Just wondering (if someone came up with a design that eliminates this problem)

BL.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
I just put my neoprene seat covers on.
They fit great and I am happy with them.
I prefer the IOM leather but they are starting to show some wear.
They can be taken off easily if I ever want to go without for a while.
Right now Im thinking Ill leave them on for fall and winter and take them off for spring and summer.
For those that are curious, I bought them here.
Here is a pic of them.

While it still looks like a seat cover, I think the design is better than the IOM seats. Looks better with black on the sides
Old 10-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Lee View Post
What about the 'side impact airbags' in the front seats? Won't the covers obstruct them?

Are these 'special' seat covers that won't be in the way when the side air bags deploy/explode?

Just curious because several people have suggested not to install seat covers for this reason. Just wondering (if someone came up with a design that eliminates this problem)

BL.
These look like the ones made by Coverking and they have a flap to allow the side impact bags to deploy. I have the all black ones and definitely recommend them. The back does not fit quite as well as the front, but to be able to get in after a run or a dive and not worry about getting the seats wet (I have a 1SS with cloth seats) it is awesome. I got mine from Morano Racing and the price was comparable to this and free shipping. Use discount code camaro5.
Witchdoctor92 is offline   Reply With Quote