Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #43
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
got Vararam, sorry what happen
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #44
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
I won't judge!.... I'll just agree, that sucks! Doesn't seem to help. Bashing while one is down. Good luck, bud!
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #45
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Ya, man. Good luck with your engine; I hope everything comes out alright with an oil change and a tranny flush.

Live and learn.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
hope all is o.k., that does suck. But please get a new wheel liner. Properly installed the liner does come close to the back of the filter but you are getting performance with all the cold air down there or we wouldnt buy these .I even have air coming from the duct in front next to the lower grill for more of a ram air setup and I see no way water getting to the filter to do damage. When I read what you did to the liner that was the answer as to what happened.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #47
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Water probably got into your crankcase vent system as well... make sure its dried out too. Grab a couple of gallons of cheap 5/30 oil. drain and fill, idle the engine till it gets up to temp and drain it while hot. Refill and drive a few miles and repeat. Refill with your choice of synthetic oil. Pull your maf and spray it down with WD40 (or another water displacing fluid) as well.... WD works great down the spark plug holes too... takes care of any crud you might have gotten in the rings. Oh, get a K&N filter cleaner/oiling kit and do the filter too.

Good luck getting her back in shape!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #48
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
In support of injen - I've had mine for way over a year and driven through some serious chicago down pours. No issues at all.

n support of you.... Small mistake, sounds like you might be out of the woods. Fix that wheel well liner and all will be right in your world once more.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #49
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
I won't judge!.... I'll just agree, that sucks! Doesn't seem to help. Bashing while one is down. Good luck, bud!
This. First fix the problem then fix the cause.
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #50
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yeah we've all done our share of not so well thought out things. OP good luck with your car. I'm sure by now, it's clear to you what caused the problem and how to remedy it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #51
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Hmm well hydrolocking can be caused by the exhaust too... just saiyan hehehe

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #52
crz2fer

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Thanks everyone for your support, I already ordered a new wheel well liner, still contemplating getting a BPV. But unfortunately I'm still getting puffs of white smoke out of my exhaust.. not to sure where to go from here.. I checked my oil (recently got an oil change about 800 miles ago) and its still yellowish with no signs of water in it. I'm not sure what to trace the problem to or if I should just give it time. There is no check engine light, and it's running completely fine now (minus some manufacturing issues the dealership has yet to fix). What should I do?
crz2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #53
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well after seeing the picture he posted, you gotta believe it. I mean, the tire was obviously throwing gobs of water directly on the intake with the wheel well liner removed.

I'm not saying no hydrolock would ever happen in any circumstance, but I have to go with the thought that if that liner was in place, this would not have happened.

Return the car back to stock, and bring it to the dealer in a few days lol thats what I would do
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #54
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
maybe just do another oil change just for the sake of doing it. I know I would. Would make me feel better to be honest

And im glad your engine didnt seize! Goodluck and keep us posted!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #55
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Don't know if you've followed Beauwolf's recommendations of several oil changes with a slightly thicker oil and do the changes while the oil is hot, but I'd do that for sure.

Tags
air, cold, hydrolock, injen, intake