Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ZL1addons front license plate holder question

So I took delivery of the ZL1addons black tow hook+front license plate holder today in preparation for delivery of my 2SS. I think I have some wrong/missing parts. I watched lethal camaro's video about installation and noted he had two star washers, a spacer, and the allen bolt was a lot longer than the one I got. I emailed them to verify what it should come with, but no response so far. Just wondering if they made a change to the design or anything recently.

Here is a pic of the bag with what it came with.

ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Simple solution bro. DON'T INSTALL A FRONT PLATE!!!!!!!

Yes state law in Texas and NONE of my cars ever get a front plate! YOu have a beautiful ride btw, leave that damn thing off
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
crazyeddie

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro; 2014 Jeep Grand Ch
Yes I got two of the washers and my allen bolt was longer. Also did you notice that those guys who tell you to leave off your front plate, never offer to pay your fine!!

2017 2SS, Hot red/Kalahari, mag ride, sunroof, dual mode exhaust, nav, black emblems,
black metallic stripes, silver split spoke wheels
crazyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #4
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeddie View Post
Yes I got two of the washers and my allen bolt was longer. Also did you notice that those guys who tell you to leave off your front plate, never offer to pay your fine!!
I know right?

Thanks. I am also missing the spacer as well. If I don't hear back by today, I'll call tomorrow and offer to email them the picture for verification.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
One thing to maybe see is if they maybe made the tow-hook bolt longer to where it no longer needs a spacer? Sometimes companies update little things and don't get mentioned.

But mine had a spacer., 2 washers and longer bolt also.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
One thing to maybe see is if they maybe made the tow-hook bolt longer to where it no longer needs a spacer? Sometimes companies update little things and don't get mentioned.

But mine had a spacer., 2 washers and longer bolt also.
That is what I am trying to determine is if they updated the design. The install guide mentions the spacer, but the picture is of just the allen bolt going through the plate holder and screwed into the shaft with that one washer. So it is definitely a confusing/conflicting guide.

And of course, don't have the car yet to test it out. And still no response to my email. I'll probably have to call them tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #7
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Mine came with exactly what you have pictured I put mine on about 3 weeks ago.

Maybe that's why I had trouble the screw at the top left hand corner was touching my bumper and would of scratched it. I ended up getting a different bolt and a washer and a thinner nut to make it all work under a dollar at my local automotive store had it all fixed up no rubbing issues.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:01 AM   #8
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post

Maybe that's why I had trouble the screw at the top left hand corner was touching my bumper and would of scratched it. I ended up getting a different bolt and a washer and a thinner nut to make it all work under a dollar at my local automotive store had it all fixed up no rubbing issues.
I didn't even use the upper holes, i took plastic screws and cut down and super-glued into the tinted license plate cover and only mounted at the bottom to be safe. Was worried enough speed and maybe wind flex(plus real windy days) might make it vibrate & tap the front end.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #9
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue16 View Post
I didn't even use the upper holes, i took plastic screws and cut down and super-glued into the tinted license plate cover and only mounted at the bottom to be safe. Was worried enough speed and maybe wind flex(plus real windy days) might make it vibrate & tap the front end.
Another option for the op I'm good for clearance now seems sturdy I will monitor it I also have sun-tek over the whole front so if I have a issue it should scratch that first.

Thanks for the info
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:

If I recall I had the same issue but mine is not rubbing and I had it on for about 3 months and I got what the op pictured...,The only difference I didnt get the tow hook.
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #11
ChevyRules

Just got a response from John. The shaft is longer which doesn't require the need for the spacer anymore.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #12
ChevyRules

Quote:

Went to mount everything today, and you're right, it's way too close to the bumper where the screw will scratch the crap out of the front end.... It definitely needs the spacer to get more distance from it.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #13
ColbyJ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Conv A8 Arctic Blue
I got the same pack. Yes, they have made changes to the design. Just install it.
ColbyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:14 PM   #14
SilverBullitt

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE Rapid Blue
What size allen wrench size do you need for the bolt that holds the plate holder to the shaft?
SilverBullitt is offline   Reply With Quote