#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2021, 02:40 PM   #113
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I am genuinely curious how V6 1LE stacks up against a 370Z. I am guessing the Camaro is better since 370Z is riding off an ancient platform at this point.
I wonder if Nissan has done any testing against the v6 1LE for their 400z coming up? Or better yet have they tested it against one of the V8s.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #114
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I wonder if Nissan has done any testing against the v6 1LE for their 400z coming up? Or better yet have they tested it against one of the V8s.
The 400Z is definitely supposed to be competing against Camaro SS. It's really Nissan's long-overdue answer to Zupr4.

Some people have concerns about how good the platform and chassis is for the 400Z. That would be what I am interested in, not just the horsepower.

But heh, it comes with a stick shift, which makes it better than Zupr4 in my book.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #115
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
I am genuinely curious how V6 1LE stacks up against a 370Z. I am guessing the Camaro is better since 370Z is riding off an ancient platform at this point.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...storical-data/

2018 Honda Civic Type R, 3:03.9
2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE, 3:04.0 (This was the V6 1LE)
2009 Nissan 370Z NISMO, 3:12.0

To be fair that's a 2009 370Z, but frankly I'm not sure how much the Nismo version has really improved over the years (if at all) since then.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #116
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The 400Z is definitely supposed to be competing against Camaro SS. It's really Nissan's long-overdue answer to Zupr4.

Some people have concerns about how good the platform and chassis is for the 400Z. That would be what I am interested in, not just the horsepower.

But heh, it comes with a stick shift, which makes it better than Zupr4 in my book.

If something were to happen to my SS I would hold off to see what the 400z is like. That car looks pretty nice!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:00 PM   #117
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
If something were to happen to my SS I would hold off to see what the 400z is like. That car looks pretty nice!
I read a pretty good article about it the other day, they said once it gets here it will already be old. But they liked it. I will see if I can find it.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:14 PM   #118
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorrs View Post
Do v8 owners drive their cars that much ? I got my v6 new 1-2-21 and have 10 k miles on it now. It still makes me
Odd question. Why would’t we? My ZL1 is my daily driver from early March until almost Thanksgiving when the Winter weather sets in.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #119
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Odd question. Why would’t we? My ZL1 is my daily driver from early March until almost Thanksgiving when the Winter weather sets in.
Right.

It’s the Manchurian candidate of questions. Such a broad demographic to try and even reach a near relevant comparison being that either can, or can not, be mutually exclusive.

In other words, tarded.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:51 PM   #120
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I too drive my ZL1 just about year round because of the weather in the West Central region in Georgia. I swap days with my 2005 Silverado truck to drive to work and other places also.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #121
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yes I too drive my ZL1 just about year round because of the weather in the West Central region in Georgia. I swap days with my 2005 Silverado truck to drive to work and other places also.
Hell, I’m just surprised you wrote two sentences without using an exclamation point.

I keed, I keed.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:57 PM   #122
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I read a pretty good article about it the other day, they said once it gets here it will already be old. But they liked it. I will see if I can find it.

Still no word when it will hit dealers. I'm thinking later this year, early fall?

If they have an auto version which they likely will I will give it a look. Specs wise on performance times looks to be the same as the SS. Would be really nice if they have a NISMO one. Basically a poor mans Porsche.

I live in FL and the heavy traffic here makes a manual a no go for me.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:01 PM   #123
Seniorrs

Drives: 21 Camaro RS manual v6.Tyota Tacoma
Quote:
Read car and driver lightening lap.It beat 370 nismo by a lot.1le v6 has record for v6 at least in it's price category.1le are about the best road legal cars on road course.Dealing with heat better than about any car.
Seniorrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:08 PM   #124
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Read car and driver lightening lap.It beat 370 nismo by a lot.1le v6 has record for v6 at least in it's price category.1le are about the best road legal cars on road course.Dealing with heat better than about any car.

Plus, the 370 is slow as balls too. Finally speed wise Nissan is making a respectable car with the 400z.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #125
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Unfortunately 1LE options under the SS are getting the axe, so it’s a moot point at this juncture in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Plus, the 370 is slow as balls too. Finally speed wise Nissan is making a respectable car with the 400z.
As a car enthusiast it was such a let down as to what they could have done & the aftermarket showed could be done. Then again what would 30+lbs of sequential boost from turbos on an LT4 do... how big would that second turbo need to be... Hmmmm

Off the top of my head ~100mm+ inducer.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:16 PM   #126
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Unfortunately 1LE options under the SS are getting the axe, so it’s a moot point at this juncture in time.

As a car enthusiast it was such a let down as to what they could have done & the aftermarket showed could be done. Then again what would 30+lbs of sequential boost from turbos on an LT4 do... how big would that second turbo need to be... Hmmmm

Off the top of my head ~100mm+ inducer.

I really don't know why they've kept the 370z so tame all these years. The car has been out 13 years now but hardly any increase in power since 2008. Unlike the Mustang where they kept upping the power.

If one wants a great deal on a 370z there will be a glut of them hitting the lots later this year probably. If they would have had a 400 plus HP Nismo Z that was on par with the Camaro I'd probably would have given that a look.