Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-06-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
tybuch2003

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS, 14 Silverado LTZ
Clear Bra Complete!!!

Just got some pictures of my clear bra installation sent to me. So excited to go pick it up!!!
Attached Images

tybuch2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I really like your stripes on that combo. Sharp!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
looks good! If you don't have any jagged edges or dust particles.. that's the best that I have seen.

I have a few dust particles trapped inside lol
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
Looks great !
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
First thing I'll be doing when I get mine. What kit did you get? Front only, or all the other stuff too? Mind if I ask what they charged you? I'm getting varing prices...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
tybuch2003

Thanks for all the compliments. I really like the color combo myself. I have seen very few Nightfall Gray Camaros with the silver rally stripes. I actually had Prestige Auto Armor out of Pittsburgh install the clear bra. They have been doing this for 10 years plus. It took them two months to get my car in. I haven't even really been driving the car because I have been waiting to get this done (bought the car in Feb. only 600 miles). I did quit a bit of research before I let anyone touch my car. This is the first time I have ever had clear bra installed and I felt very comfortable handing my keys to the installer. Adam has been great to work with from there. They installed XPEL ULTIMATE PAINT PROTECTION FILM. I went pretty extensive with the coverage, including the top and bottom of the front bumper, partial hood, lights, mirrors, a-pillars, front portion of roof, complete rockers, and the rear luggage area/bumper. Cost is subjective here, but I paid close to $2,000 to have this done. From all the research I did in this industry you get what you pay for. I pick the car up tomorrow. I work crazy hours, but Adam is opening the place up tomorrow for me so I can take delivery. I will give everyone a final update after I take delivery, but Adam has kept me up-to-date and let me know everything turned out flawless. Again, I'm super excited to see it tomorrow.

Last edited by tybuch2003; 08-06-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #7
tybuch2003

Here is a link to their website: www.prestigeautoarmor.com and they are also on Facebook. It is pretty cool to see all the different vehicles they work on.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #8
wazz16

Drives: 2017 2 SS 50th anniversary
Looks great! Planning on doing the same thing as soon as i get mine!
Drive Hard! Drive Fast!
wazz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #9
hotlap

You're right OP. I good installer is critical. This is the second car I've had done by Todd/Clear Bar Wisconsin. Absolutely perfect. This time I did nose, fascia extension and full hood.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 08-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #10
tybuch2003

Nice looking Camaro you got there!!! I don't know if I could have watched the install take place. I'm too anal and would have worried about a single scratch. People trust the same guy with 200k vehicles. I know by doing this it will let me enjoy the car much more driving around these PA roads especially in road correction season.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #11
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You're right OP. I good installer is critical. This is the second car I've had done by Todd/Clear Bar Wisconsin. Absolutely perfect. This time I did nose, fascia extension and full hood.
wow. that's so much better than the job i got. The bumper is in 3 pieces on my job. Yours looks like one.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybuch2003 View Post
Nice looking Camaro you got there!!! I don't know if I could have watched the install take place. I'm too anal and would have worried about a single scratch. People trust the same guy with 200k vehicles. I know by doing this it will let me enjoy the car much more driving around these PA roads especially in road correction season.
Thanks! I didn't watch the install. Todd was kind enough to take photos. He did a complete wrap on a Tesla before my car and does all the exotics, etc. in the area. I waited two weeks but he is first come first serve so my Camaro went ahead of dealer cars pressuring him to bump me out. Good guy.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 08-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
wow. that's so much better than the job i got. The bumper is in 3 pieces on my job. Yours looks like one.
The nose was two pieces with the top being a large section that seams on the body line. You have to try to catch the viewing angle and light to see the seam. Its nearly invisable!

Find a quality installer is the best advice you can get. Mine cost $1240.
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 08-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #14
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The nose was two pieces with the top being a large section that seams on the body line. You have to try to catch the viewing angle and light to see the seam. Its nearly invisable!

Find a quality installer is the best advice you can get. Mine cost $1240.
Damn you guys paid good money and from the looks of it, its worth every penny.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote