Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #29
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hey for what it's worth. I posted my repair rear end collison here.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9881

Our members gave me a ton of good advice.

It might help to get your car through the insurance wickets.

Very sorry brother.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #30
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
That does suck, glad your ok good luck getting it fixed, what a drag
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #31
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I have noticed that recently people are driving worse.

It's these new phones and all the texting and or phone use.

The other day I was in my Blazer and driving home on 2 lane country highway. I was going 5 miles over 60 on a 55 on way home. This truck comes up to me going about 85-90 and he tried to pass me and at the last second he saw the Cement Truck coming on the other lane. Then he flipped me off and passed me. Then he pulled on the side of the road as is to wait for me to stop. lol ??

Lot of idiot drivers out there.
That's certainly a different way of saying you were going 65.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #32
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
No it's just a grammer error. I don't need to speed in a truck. When I do speed I do it with style. (I.E. I have a car that can go 160mph why do I need to speed in a truck??).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #33
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
that sucks, the camaro is realy tough or that van really weak, because at 35mph there should be more damage. It wont be totalled unless the fram is bent. Looks like a new trunk, bumper and exaust. probably 3-4k worth of damage
Old 06-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #34
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
It does look like the frame is bent because no crumple energy went into the rear truck and fenders. Just the bumper and that impact bumper is part of the structure down there. Could be a salvage title candidate.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #35
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
No it's just a grammer error. I don't need to speed in a truck. When I do speed I do it with style. (I.E. I have a car that can go 160mph why do I need to speed in a truck??).
I was just giving you a hard time I figure I might have ot use that in court one day.

Lot of idiot drivers like you said...I love the drivers that do something stupid and flick you off for no reason. I had a guy flick me off because he thought I was trying to cut him off at a merge point...which I wasn't and didn't. So I flicked him off back and he got all bent out of shape why I would be flicking him off. Got out of his truck and caused a big scene looking like a roid raging wife beater.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #36
jr_hoyt
J-Rock

Drives: 2001 Yellow Ford Focus
Dude, that sucks! I'm pretty sure that this is one of everyone's worst nightmares! I hope that everything works out, I'm sure it will... But I would definitely throw down a b**ch fit that ONLY genuine GM parts are used in the repair... Good luck with everything!

jr_hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #37
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Sucks. I had a similar situation with my G35, but the damage was nowhere near as bad. A few months after I got it, I parked my car in the apartment's lot, but I pulled through so I didn't have to back out of the space the next morning. Well, a truck that always had its tailgate down liked to back into spaces, too. After a bit, I notice that it looks like my trunk has been punched lightly. I'm pretty sure the tailgate pressed in as the driver backed in. Still pisses me off and it's not even that much damage.

Sorry for your loss.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #38
Standard-Z

Drives: 1996 Z28
OK thats enough. The rear end here. That other camaro hit by a hummer was it? Another camaro wheels jacked, And I remember seeing a black camaro completle totaled.
Sorry that happen to ya.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #39
CamaroUser

Drives: TrailBlazerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdidah10 View Post
OMG...this is one of the worst days EVER!!! Here I am driving my 2010 Camaro that I love so much. I was at a dead stop in a construction zone waiting for the flagger to tell us to go and this guy driving a freaking Nissan Quest mini van rear ends the crap out of my car. I could not believe someone hit me....he had to be doing about 45, and if he did any breaking maybe 35. I was a complete stop. The camaro's damage is nothing compared the guys car, which i tried to get a pic of but really couldn't at night. I got so much information, but I am SO sad. I am so pissed right now Words can't describe it...luckily he had insurance and didn't debate it plus it being in a construction zone I had a witness (the flagger) which I hope he comes through.

I am hoping the insurance company does not total it...and I doubt parts will be available any time soon
The main thing is that everybody is ok. I noticed that the the Camoros safety design worked very well. If you look at both sides of the car and even the trunk, you will notce that the plastic bumper cover and what ever is under the car absorbed the impact. Not only is that great in terms of softening the blow, but also means the sheet metal is still perfect and needs no body work. Without taking off the bumper cover its impossible to know what got damaged underneath but muffler, tail lights, and everything else behind the bumper aside, its a new bumper cover pained and its as good as new.

Last edited by CamaroUser; 06-04-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Typo
CamaroUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #40
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Man that sucks! Sorry for your damage but no matter who the insurance company wants to fix it.... take it to the dealers shop, that is if they have a body shop. Right now I would think that the dealers shop would be the most qualified to repair it being such a new design and all. It just makes me wonder how people can't see brake lights in front of them!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #41
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Bummer

Sorry to hear of this, but glad you were able to walk away from it.
Hope they can get it repaired asap and you'll be able get back to enjoying your ride. Can't believe how bad the van looks compared to the car.
Wouldn't worry about any "at fault" issues, clearly you were doing what you were instructed to do by a road crew. In NY the law says they have the same authority as a traffic device or police agent. I would think most states have similar statutes.
Good luck, let us know the total $ for repairs and when you get it repaired.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #42
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdidah10 View Post
Yeah I was the only one in the car and yes I was ok other than my back hurting. I talked to my insurance person about the diminished law issue and they said it applied to underinsured and under aged. HOWEVER I have called their insurance have another claim open with them and am going to ask for this exact thing again and throw in my new car experience. I will tell you this though it actually held up in this crash and the damage to that mini van, you would have thought my car was on steriods or something. LIKE A TANK...although not something I want to do again or have happen again. Here is a kind of pic of his mini van...now compare that...it went under my freakin' car and I think I need

YES your back in hurting. My has been crap since 1999. 16 yr old rear end me while i was stopped. And you need to stress to them Diminished value on your car. Insurance hate that. It has nothing to do with underinsured and under aged drivers. He was lying or stupid or both. Diminished value is the fact that after your car is repaired to its fullest it is not and will not be worth the amount before the crash. Your vehicle has a strike against it that it will carry with it forever. Another trick the insurance tells you is that DV is excluded from coverage in the policy. Probably true. However the policy is an agreement between the insured and the Insurance company. You are a third party and those exclusions do not apply. If they give you crap then see an attorney. You can hold your personal injury claim out till after your car is repaired and you get your dimished value check. They will be more interested in getting the injury claim off their books, but hold off. Even if you do not have any injuries, hold off. It is a very good piece of leverage. And by all means go ahead and see a doctor. I thought I would be okay at first, now I have 2 disc that are relocated into the sciatic nerve canal at L4 and L5. No feeling in the very ends of both my feet and a bad case of droop foot in my right leg. The girl that hit me was messing with the radio. So because she didn't like that particular song I have to live with complications and pain the rest of my life. She was only going 30 at the time, but only slammed on the breaks at the last second before hitting me. I was wearing my seatbelt and yet I have never been the same since. The insurance company only gave me $20k (her insurance limit).
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote