Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #127
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
+1, I'm usually not one to bitch and complain to get compensated, but I would definitely be shooting for a new car. The way these things are engineered today to dissipate impact, I'm sure there's unseen damage to the structural unibody. Accidents happen but this guy should have been paying much better attention in a construction zone, completely unacceptable. What if it was the flagman standing there instead of the back of your car... manslaughter anyone? I'm pissed off for you, good luck
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #128
Metal Camaro

Drives: The beater
So jealous that he rear ends you. I give you a bow for not kicking his ass and going to jail because I promise if it was me with the rareness of a NEW camaro right now I would have elbowed him in the face and choaked him out.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #129
kmdrum79

Drives: 2018 Audi SQ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
+1, I'm usually not one to bitch and complain to get compensated, but I would definitely be shooting for a new car. The way these things are engineered today to dissipate impact, I'm sure there's unseen damage to the structural unibody. Accidents happen but this guy should have been paying much better attention in a construction zone, completely unacceptable. What if it was the flagman standing there instead of the back of your car... manslaughter anyone? I'm pissed off for you, good luck
I'd want a new car too but that's not the way it works in "insurance land."

We unfortunately don't get to choose if we get a new car or it gets repaired. No way they'll give a new car if it's not totaled, and from looking at the pics, it's not totaled. Giving the fact that it's a new car design and replacement parts probably aren't readily available, it'll probably be 5-10k work of damage but there's no way the insurance will feel bad for the driver and cut a 30k check just because it's a new Camaro.
kmdrum79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #130
orion007

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I hate Nissan Quests. I call them the saggy butt vans. Its like Nissan intended to make the minivan even uglier.

The first pic doesn't look so bad, but the exhaust is the real problem there. It might be better if it is declared Totaled. Cars are never the same after a repair like that. Still, I've said it before and I'll say it again - these cars are holding up pretty well in crashes. If that 35 mph speed is true, then this car is golden on crash-worthiness.
No way this car is even close to totalled. I figure there is about $6K worth of damage there. My wife brand new Enclave was just hit in the rear just like the damage here and it was only $6K to fix and that was with a new hatch and all. New exhaust and new bumper cover and other various other little items and it will be just like new again. I am extremely picky on tings on my cars and I can't even tell where my wifes car was repaired, it was that good. Calling for a total loss on this damage is uncalled for. Yeah it sucks but they will get you fixed up..
orion007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #131
orion007

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Good news...not totaled!

Bad news...parts...trusting someone to fix it...other driver's insurance company who has no contract with you...having them pay for another Camaro to drive when your car is in the shop...

Other good news...undeniable liability on the other driver.

How did you keep from beating him with something and belittling him for driving a ricer mini-van?
Well the way it usually works is your insurance will pay for the repairs to your vehicle and then the other drivers insurance will reimburse them. You take that vehicle wherever you want to. I personally would find out where the Lexus or Porsche dealers send their cars and then let them fix it. From the looks of it, it looks like a fairly simple repair. Also I highly doubt he was traveling 35mph. I looks more like a 15mph collision. There is very little damage to the rear and if he had been traaveling 35 and hit a stationary object you would have seen some buckling in the rear quarters and those are still perfect.
orion007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #132
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Good luck with everything buddy
Old 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #133
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I think it's not uncalled for to suggest it's a total. I said have a pro inspect and that's what he did. There are some damages that go beyond repair. If the vehicle is not able to be perfectly repaired with no major structure damage then it could be totaled. But without underbody and frame inspection you can't tell from that picture.

His ownership experiance is damaged. The vehicle resell value is damaged. This is why people can think "this person deserves a whole new car". That's totally legit to say that in support of these owners that have gotten hit.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #134
RickyTheStorm

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Camaro View Post
So jealous that he rear ends you. I give you a bow for not kicking his ass and going to jail because I promise if it was me with the rareness of a NEW camaro right now I would have elbowed him in the face and choaked him out.
Yea - I second that notion - which is why I will not be carrying when I get my car cause I don't know if I could restrain myself

IOM - 2SS/RS - Auto - IAP - Sunroof - Ordered 10/13 (#7 at dealer)
3000(accepted to production ): 4/19/09
3300 (scheduled for prod ): 5/11/09
3400 (broadcast ): 5/16/09
3800 (produced ): 5/22/09
4150 (invoiced ): 6/01/09
4200 (shipped ): 6/01/09
5000 (at dealer ): 6/12/09
6000 (delivery to me ): 6/12/09
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #135
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
or texting while smoking a cigarette, picking their nose.

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #136
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I dont know about u guys but these people driving while texting are really starting to tick me off. I have a couple close calls myself and its just getting worse out there, They are more dangerous then drunk drivers imo they arent even looking at the road at all. Tell this driver who hit ya op go watch seven pounds by will smith. Good wake up call for him..
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #137
Ahdidah10

Drives: 2010 Camaro
So what do you guys know about Corsa exhaust systems? I guess if I am going to get a new exhaust system I might as well pay the difference and get some kind of performance exhaust..not to mention how long it might take to get parts for my car.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #138
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I have noticed that recently people are driving worse.

It's these new phones and all the texting and or phone use.

The other day I was in my Blazer and driving home on 2 lane country highway. I was going 5 miles over 60 on a 55 on way home. This truck comes up to me going about 85-90 and he tried to pass me and at the last second he saw the Cement Truck coming on the other lane. Then he flipped me off and passed me. Then he pulled on the side of the road as is to wait for me to stop. lol ??

Lot of idiot drivers out there.
Many people have been driving like complete idiots for quite some time, in the last five years my wife and I have had several near misses, two minor accidents and she was t-boned by some fool while driving my favorite Jimmy, my wife was fine but the Jimmy was totaled. A big problem in my opinion is the seeming lack of effective traffic enforcement (at least in my area), sure they run some radar now and then and do "blitz" enforcement on running red lights at selected intersections, but that seems to be mostly a ploy to generate revenue and publicity. 30 years ago there seemed to be a pretty consistent effort to enforce traffic laws in the interest of public safety, today it seems to take a pretty blatant breaking of the law for traffic tickets to be written. And I'm sure there are some forum members in law enforcement that will disagree with my statements, I appreciate the efforts made by many in law enforcement (and I sure wouldn't want to have their job and the headaches and danger involved), but overall in my honest opinion traffic enforcement today is way underdone. When people are bold enough to make a left hand U-turn from a "go straight" lane and do so in front of two lanes of "left turn only" traffic when the light changes, there is a problem with law enforcement, there has not been enough fear generated to keep people from driving like idiots.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 06-05-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: text correction
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote