Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
Thenightboyz_SS

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Talking Fresh THREAD!! CORSA OR BORLA?

Let the battle begin! Pictures and videos are definitely welcomed!
Thenightboyz_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
If you want to keep NPP, Borla is the only choice between the two.

If not, then go with whatever tingles your bits.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I've been contemplating keeping NPP or not.. probably wont need it anymore
Old 02-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #4
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
The Borla makes NPP much more useful. In Stealth, it's super quiet at all RPM since the valves don't open. In Tour mode, keep the engine below 3-3.5k rpm and it's quiet. Above that, the valves open and it's loud. Sport is just loud, period. It's so much fun.

Keep it in Tour or Stealth on road trips, then Sport when you're at your destination.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #5
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
First exhaust I had was just an axleback that got rid of the NPP. I ended up uninstalling it (way too much drone) and going with the Borla Atak with no secondary cats NPP. The cold starts in stealth mode alone makes having the NPP all worth it, or when I'm creeping in my neighborhood late at night.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by staples87 View Post
First exhaust I had was just an axleback that got rid of the NPP. I ended up uninstalling it (way too much drone) and going with the Borla Atak with no secondary cats NPP. The cold starts in stealth mode alone makes having the NPP all worth it, or when I'm creeping in my neighborhood late at night.
Did you eliminate the secondary cats yourself or had it done by a shop? Last quote I got for that was $200 which I thought was crazy. The other mainstream shops wouldn’t do it because they hear “cats” and say no.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #7
Rekkless

Drives: Carmaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
The Borla makes NPP much more useful. In Stealth, it's super quiet at all RPM since the valves don't open. In Tour mode, keep the engine below 3-3.5k rpm and it's quiet. Above that, the valves open and it's loud. Sport is just loud, period. It's so much fun.

Keep it in Tour or Stealth on road trips, then Sport when you're at your destination.
I'm assuming we're talking about the Borla ATAK. From the videos I've seen the ATAK with the valves closed is still super loud. But I've never heard one in person.
Rekkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
O.K. I have quite a bit of experience here. LOL Let me leave my feedback with each I had. Both cars retained secondary cats.

1st MRBP Axleback only eliminated NPP. Loud with a little drone but it sounded good. Boltons

2nd MRBP Axleback only don't have NPP so sounded about the same as above as all mods went from one car to the other.

With both cars I had intake, exhaust and that's it.

3rd same car as 2nd but blown. It got LOUD

3rd Corsa Xtreme replaced MRBP. still just axle back. Not as loud but close. No real drone and just sounds cleaner

Reason I changed out was ONLY because I got a deal of a lifetime on the Corsa which was like new. I have Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, and a full Corsa Xtreme on my blown C7 and lets just say it is just a monster. Bottom line is I love Corsa and their quality is second to none, but for the price MRBP was damn good.

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I have the Borla S type (not the ATAK) in carbon fiber. I love it. I'm very happy with it. With the valves closed, it is like stock with the valves open. When they are open, the car has a nice roar, but it is not excessive. It really hits the sweet spot for me.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #10
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I may be wrong, but isn't the Borla S Type essentially the GM Performance exhaust? I believe I read somewhere that they sourced Borla to make it
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i’m beginning to think there are only 3 mufflers available for these cars.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:10 PM   #12
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenightboyz_SS View Post
Flowmaster or Magnaflow.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:13 PM   #13
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Flowmaster or Magnaflow.
thats a first lol
Old 02-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #14
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Post Borla S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenightboyz_SS View Post
My car came without NPP (had choice between a MagnaRide and NPP car--opted for former). After about 3 months I knew I had to upgrade the non-NPP system. I would admit that the NPP sounded much better and looked better....but much cheaper/easier to replace non-NPP than to upgrade to MagnaRide.

My pick was Borla S (versus ATAK) since I knew I was going full-length tube headers with eventual CAT delete--on way to supercharged car. I opted for old fashioned chrome tips; didn't want black tips with black mosiac exterior.

https://www.borla.com/products/camar...rt__11922.html

The "S" had volume with rich sound--nice balance between old-style musclecar rumble at idle and newer style rasp roar at WOT. The ATAK was too raspy for me--and too loud at real low speeds (I like to avoid attention by law enforcement when possible). The Borla has no drone. Excellent quality. As part of recent build, the shop removed the valves in the Borla S that can cause obstruction for supercharged applications -- now it is quite loud under anything other than very slight acceleration. WOT is awesome.

Idle sound clip provided below.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=F8733E...733E86EDFC276F
CSP Build 1/20. Procharger D1X w/Stage 2 IC, Texas Speed 427CI long block w/forged internals/ported LT1 heads/FI cam, LT4 HPFP/injectors, ATI balancer, MM catch can, FTI torque converter, CSP meth injection & aux fuel, Aeroforce gauges, MSD wires, race BOV, PCM/TCM tune.
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle back exhaust, borla atak exhaust, corsa exhaust