Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-19-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
Dylan1214

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Unhappy Losing my mind (Electrical Issue's) PLZ HELP!

Alright guys I need some help, I just finished a pretty big project GPI max package (New heads, cam, and ZL1 fuel pump for E-85). Now I'm getting codes U0100 (Lost Communication with ECM/PCM) and P0231 (Fuel pump circuit low voltage) I'm guessing P0231 is a result of the first code. Also my power steering is not working and I'm getting a service power steering message. I am able to start the car (Sounds good) but I am unable to record the session with HP tuners (My tuner said this is due to the connectivity issue). I've tried just about everything I could think of, I've checked all related fuses front and rear, All grounds (Batt neg ground, Power steering ground, 2 drivers side block grounds, 3 pass side block grounds, and fuse panel ground), I've had my battery tested and it checked out, I've reseated the two main harness's connecting to the PCM twice... I just don't know what to do anymore...I wanna drive my nearly finished project soo badly.. I'm thinking I might re drop my gas tank and see if maybe I pinched a wired or something (Pretty sure I didn't tho.) Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
MODS: GPI MAX Package ported and milled heads+(229/250,111 LSA),Johnson 2110 Lifters,BTR .660 Springs,CHE Trunnions,C5R chain,DSX Flex Fuel kit,LSA Injectors,ZL1 Fuel Pump,MAMO Ported MSD Intake manifold,BOWhite ported Throttle body,25% UDP,CAI Intake,Intake Scoop,Kooks 1 7/8 headers,Borla attak catback,Elite catch can,BMR Motor mounts,CircleD 5C 4000-4200 Torque converter,ADM trans cooler,Jannetty Trans dipstick,DSS Aluminum Driveshaft,3.91 Gears,Eaton TrueTrac,JRE Billet caps,BMR Trailing arms,BMR Toe rods,BMR rear sway bar,Pegasus Solid sub frame bushings,DSS 1,000HP Axles
Dylan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:22 AM   #2
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
If you put a zl1 pump in you need the zl1 fuel pump flow control module but idk if that would cause your issue or just make zl1 pump run like a ss pump
Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Do both codes come right back after clearing? The U0100 is something is not communicating on either the high speed or low speed lan. If that comes back right away, try to tell on a scan tool what device is not communicating. Can happen if something got unplugged. Or circuit problem. If you have no steering take a good look at the steering connections and ground.

If you do end up checking the fuel pump module, the manual says to disconnect and check harness term 2 to ground. Should be less than 10 Ohms. Then test light between term 1 and 2 key on should light.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
jim's2ssrs

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 Rally Yellow
Another thing to verify is pin integrity on the main harness connectors you mentioned. Verify that there are no bent pins and that there aren't any pins that have poked out of the connectors. Check both the harness connector and it's mate.
jim's2ssrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, p0231, power steering, u0100