#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #29
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
If you can afford it because you have worked hard and sacrificed, if you have helped provide a safe, healthy and loving family environment, if she understands it would make you happy in those spare moments that belong to you, the decision should be a no brainer. The fact that you care enough about her reaction is a positive reflection about you. Buy whatever you like, you have earned it. Sincerely, Dr. Phil
^This!

Great post Dr. Phil.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #30
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnyzl11le View Post
Very simple IMO...

1. Does the purchase effect your household's ability to pay it's bills?
If the answer is yes.....save more money
If the answer is no.....why do you have to convince her. You are a grown man with a job.

I came home after I ordered mine said to my wife I ordered a new car. That was the extent of the conversation about it. She knows I would never make a purchase that puts the household at risk.
This is definitely how I feel personally and she knows I would never purchase anything that would affect my ability to pay bills. But she has an aggravating knack of firing back at any and everything I've ever wanted or bought. Generally beginning with, "Why" and followed by "you don't need it" to "It's ridiculously expensive" and sometimes like today throwing in, "think how many vacations we could take for 70K."

Which is followed by me getting really annoyed that I'm even asking permission to spend my own money and her reluctance to have any conversation not centered around why I don't need or shouldn't buy something lol.

This conversation ended badly today hahaha. As usual I got the, "Do what you want, do what you ALWAYS do, get obsessed with something you want and convince yourself you need it and pester me until I agree."

Actually, maybe we made progress!

I have a cool wife but man she is a PITA.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #31
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote : This conversation ended badly today hahaha. As usual I got the, "Do what you want, do what you ALWAYS do, get obsessed with something you want and convince yourself you need it and pester me until I agree."

Where have I heard that before????
After a comment like that, I wouldn’t argue anymore and I would go with my gut to be honest. Now I’m no longer married but it’s not due to reasons like buying a car. If my gut didn’t feel right I wouldn’t do it. Trust me while I was married I had far more urges and gut feelings that didn’t work out than ones that did. The ones that did work out I never regretted and she never complained and usually ended up enjoying the purchase whether it be a car, atv, stereo, whatever.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #32
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I noticed a few mentioned used, any worries with used? There’s 3 in Colorado under 3K miles for 58ish.
58ish for a used one? Pass. With the recent announcement of 15% off, you should have no problems finding a new 2018 ZL1 for mid to high 50s.

Hell, I paid $59k + tax for mine back in April.

Keep looking. If you are willing to pay 58k for a used one, there is no reason you cannot buy a new one for that kind of money.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #33
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Haha we all have.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #34
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Quote : This conversation ended badly today hahaha. As usual I got the, "Do what you want, do what you ALWAYS do, get obsessed with something you want and convince yourself you need it and pester me until I agree."

Where have I heard that before????
After a comment like that, I wouldn’t argue anymore and I would go with my gut to be honest. Now I’m no longer married but it’s not due to reasons like buying a car. If my gut didn’t feel right I wouldn’t do it. Trust me while I was married I had far more urges and gut feelings that didn’t work out than ones that did. The ones that did work out I never regretted and she never complained and usually ended up enjoying the purchase whether it be a car, atv, stereo, whatever.
Hahaha. Tell me about it! She fought me on my OLED TV, my LG soundbar, my Schecter Guitar, basically everything. The only thing I can remember in recent memory she didn't fight me on was buying a couch for our new house. The couch shes conveniently sitting on right now watching my OLED TV with the soundbar.

She fought me on buying a house (price of house) now she thanks me and she fought me on getting married in Hawaii, she thanks me for that too. haha.

If I bought everything I wanted I'd have far more toys lol.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #35
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
58ish for a used one? Pass. With the recent announcement of 15% off, you should have no problems finding a new 2018 ZL1 for mid to high 50s.

Hell, I paid $59k + tax for mine back in April.

Keep looking. If you are willing to pay 58k for a used one, there is no reason you cannot buy a new one for that kind of money.
I didn't see anything about 15% off? Link? Thanks for the info! I'm debating this all right now, I love the 2018, not a fan of the 2019 refresh back end so I want 2018. But my V6 is currently under lease (dumb move) for another year so I need to weigh my options and see where I'm at here.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #36
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
This is definitely how I feel personally and she knows I would never purchase anything that would affect my ability to pay bills. But she has an aggravating knack of firing back at any and everything I've ever wanted or bought. Generally beginning with, "Why" and followed by "you don't need it" to "It's ridiculously expensive" and sometimes like today throwing in, "think how many vacations we could take for 70K."

Which is followed by me getting really annoyed that I'm even asking permission to spend my own money and her reluctance to have any conversation not centered around why I don't need or shouldn't buy something lol.

This conversation ended badly today hahaha. As usual I got the, "Do what you want, do what you ALWAYS do, get obsessed with something you want and convince yourself you need it and pester me until I agree."

Actually, maybe we made progress!

I have a cool wife but man she is a PITA.
I don't have a wife, no real bills and even then, it was hard for me to bite the bullet on a $70K ZL1 (recently ordered). It came down to you live once and could die tomorrow. So keep your priorities in check, YOU NEED THAT CAR!! Good luck with the misses...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #37
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I don't have a wife, no real bills and even then, it was hard for me to bite the bullet on a $70K ZL1 (recently ordered). It came down to you live once and could die tomorrow. So keep your priorities in check, YOU NEED THAT CAR!! Good luck with the misses...
I tell her this all the time!! She’s nothing like me, she isn’t careless in a sense. Everything I purchase I do with a purpose or passion. I don’t spend money frivolously on random things like she does. She will buy 400 things off Etsy for $20 and she thinks she spent $20. I buy one $600 or $1200 item and my intent is it’s something that will last me for a very long time. I’m this case a tube amp and a brand new guitar. We just don’t see eye to eye haha. With the ZL1 my lease is almost up and this is my unicorn. Do I keep the V6 knowing I want the supercharged V8 and always will and hold off that urge until I’m 45 and then I’m paying this bill into my 50’s, that’s her way. Wait, wait, wait, wait. She calls it impulsive, 7 years of drooling and planning isn’t “impulsive” to me. For me the ZL1 represents a lifetime of hard work and what better time than when you’re young and about to either decide to keep a car you love but isn’t your dream or get the one you always wanted knowing full well it’s an investment and something you’ll likely keep for the rest of your life.. that’s my ideology anyways. Lol but yeah the price is sticker shock for sure...
Old 03-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #38
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
How did you convince your wife to let you buy a 70k race car?

For those who don't mod it or track it, was it worth it to you?
I put her behind the wheel. She hit the gas. The car went ZOOM! She giggled. DONE!

Totally worth every cent. Won Best in Class today at NMCA at the Bradenton Motorsports Park and didn’t have a single mod or make a single pass.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #39
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Looks like the 15% off is valid in your area...

https://www.chevrolet.com/current-de...=camaro:camaro
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #40
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Had some issues with my 2010 so she said get a new one! I have a wonderful wife and the ZL1 1LE was on order the next day! The tires have been a bit of contention. Still doesn't get why I bought a track set while trying to burn off the stock ones. Oh well, the stockers will be done as soon as the weather gets consistently better.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #41
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I worked her up very slow...

started with a couple SS's and then a 5th Gen ZL1 and then a 6th Gen ZL1 and now the ZLE. She loves it.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #42
HoldMyBeer

Drives: 2017 ZL1(Silver) - A10, Stock
I got lucky that my wife finds Camaros, in general, much better looking than than S550 mustangs which I had at the time.

I sold it to her that ZL1s were rare and it was a “dream car” and that was that.

Good luck, I get a huge smile on my face every times I sit in the seat and start’er up.