Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
If Maryland Speed Owes you money....

They been ordered to make it right!!!

Consumers who are owed refunds from Maryland Speed may call the Consumer Protection hotline at 410-528-8662 or 888-743-0023.

https://somd.com/news/headlines/2018/23057.php

I'm glad to say the State of Maryland was awesome showing Branden you can't steal money from people. They contacted me quite a bit... but I was already refunded by my credit card company.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Branden Fart-hing
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:01 PM   #3
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure he will sell his 2005 Chevrolet Equinox and pay back the half million $ he owes defrauded customers and fines.
At least people paying attention won't place more orders.
Edit: Their new webpage result and BBB rating
Attached Images

silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Look familiar anyone? Apparently marylandspeed.com is gone, but marylandspeedshop.com is the same old page that has a minor change to the name.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Really a shame. I've bought tons of stuff from Brandon back when he came to the Fests. Never an issue, but that was years ago. Not sure why it went downhill. I bought two header systems, coated, all worked out perfect. It took a few weeks, but had to be patient for all the shipping and coating lead time. If I call a ceramic coater, it's not like it'll be ready tomorrow.

My guess is, and this happens to many small businesses that really don't inventory much. It puts a delay in the process. They have to arrange a drop ship from whoever is holding the inventory. And when problems happen, lines of credit dry up... those business plans of using other people's inventory don't work so well. Miss a payment or two and they will no longer deal with you.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
That great news.

It was a battle with my CC but in the end I got my money back
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #7
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
My guess is, and this happens to many small businesses that really don't inventory much. It puts a delay in the process. They have to arrange a drop ship from whoever is holding the inventory. And when problems happen, lines of credit dry up... those business plans of using other people's inventory don't work so well. Miss a payment or two and they will no longer deal with you.
the problem is he didn't Stock anything, and sold products at way below MAP pricing which left next to no profit. The Criminal part is when you take Orders and pocket the money instead of ordering customer parts!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #8
2012SLPCamaro2SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Convertible
So glad that this GAME is OVER!!! Got refunded by my CC company but had nightmares for couple nights...

Hope he learned his lesson!
2012SLPCamaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #9
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
the problem is he didn't Stock anything, and sold products at way below MAP pricing which left next to no profit. The Criminal part is when you take Orders and pocket the money instead of ordering customer parts!
If you can make $1 off of 1 million items you'll still have the same profit as you would if you sell one item and make a million dollars. The problem is as you stated, when you take orders and pocket the money instead of ordering customer parts. I liked Marylandspeed when I had my G8 and the early days of owning my Camaro. However, when I got yanked around on my last order and then called afterwards to either plead or possibly intimidate me into saying good things for the company after hours on a Friday, that was the last straw. Sad to see speed shops like Apex and Marylandspeed go down. They were good companies and sold some great products.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #10
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
I think in the last few years, it was basically a Ponzi scheme. If I bought something... he'd use my funds to send parts to somebody that ordered months before. I told this to the Attorney General's office... they agreed.

He had wording on the invoice that said something about it being custom parts and the order could never be cancelled... he would use that to deny the credit card reversals. I sent a nice a$$ chewing letter to my credit card company and they did credit me. but what a mess.

it's a shame cause it sounds like they did legit business years ago.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 AM   #11
STALKER

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE
The only time I ever received what I ordered was after PM'ing Branden threatening ANOTHER Maryland Speed Bashing Post......but that was usually after waiting weeks and months.
LSX Block, MAST 305 Black Labels, Exceldyne Valves, Diamond Pistons, Callies Crank & Rods, Cam Motion Cam, Johnson 2116LSR Lifters, Comp XDA Pushrods, Jesel Rockers, Mamo MSD, NW 102, Roto-Fab CAI, FAST 65# Injectors, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Kooks 2" Headers, Corsa Sport 3" Catback, Z28 Shifter, ZR1 Clutch, Katech LW Flywheel, 1LE 3.91 Diff, LPW Diff Cover, BMR - 1.4" Springs, LCA's, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Sway Bars, End Links, Diff Bushings, and Tunnel Brace, Z28/1LE Strut Tower Brace, Improved Racing Oil Cooler

2023 Camaro ZL1 / 1LE
Stock
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote