Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #85
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Teaser!lol
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #86
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Well, I have my car back...OMGOSH, talking about Badass!
The Chiller is amazing!!!
Ben can explain this to everyone, but this is my first hand data....
While a Weapon-X they did a full dyno pull for my son and I, and then took it out to check the Street tune and chiller.
Air temp today was 94 degrees in Cincy.
While cruising, Intake Air temps with the chiller were 114 degrees, which climbed to high 130's to low 140's when Blake was beating on it...then it cooled right back down.
Water temps to the blower were between 59 and 63 degrees.
On my hour and ten minute drive home, water temps to the blower never went past 62 degrees, and when a cloud came out, dropped to 54 degrees.
This system is so freakin cool, and i just have it set at 50/50 cabin AC to Chiller...no difference in cabin Cooling at all, it actually felt cooler???

I'm lost. And of course stupid, so I'm going to ask. What exactly is this system cooling down cus those IAT's are still high. (normal in your case due to air temps). Those are my temps with a ProCharger and we all know they run high as the intake is sucking in engine heat. (When I run the open end system, my IAT's drop a good 10 degrees). My 2's right now on a hit will rise to about 140ish. But ideally, all we care about are the manifold temps. I wish I had my data logs from my last dyno pull. 1's were at 110, 2's were in the 130's up to 150 under a 155 mph pull, (It was 100 degrees out) but the mani temps started at 140 and dropped to under 100 degrees on the pull. Which is what we all want. (I'm running a dual nozzle, 20 gallon meth set up). So, I'm ramming a ton of meth on my car.

I'm assuming this is more for fluid cooling?
Old 09-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #87
Intimidator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I'm lost. And of course stupid, so I'm going to ask. What exactly is this system cooling down cus those IAT's are still high. (normal in your case due to air temps). Those are my temps with a ProCharger and we all know they run high as the intake is sucking in engine heat. (When I run the open end system, my IAT's drop a good 10 degrees). My 2's right now on a hit will rise to about 140ish. But ideally, all we care about are the manifold temps. I wish I had my data logs from my last dyno pull. 1's were at 110, 2's were in the 130's up to 150 under a 155 mph pull, (It was 100 degrees out) but the mani temps started at 140 and dropped to under 100 degrees on the pull. Which is what we all want. (I'm running a dual nozzle, 20 gallon meth set up). So, I'm ramming a ton of meth on my car.

I'm assuming this is more for fluid cooling?
I'm a dumbass too, so Ben can take over from here...I DO NOT want to give you guys any bad info.
My son rode with Blake when he was flogging it and tried to remember what all Blake was telling him! Lol
All i know is i can keep flogging the car and it doesn't heat sink or loose power. No KR at all.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #88
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Yeah, I see high IAT2 street driving (115-130) but on a road course I was 10 degrees above ambient (87 degree IAT2 vs 77 degree ambient).

Whipple SS1LE

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #89
kttxz06

Quote:
I'm a dumbass too, so Ben can take over from here...I DO NOT want to give you guys any bad info.
My son rode with Blake when he was flogging it and tried to remember what all Blake was telling him! Lol
All i know is i can keep flogging the car and it doesn't heat sink or loose power. No KR at all.

No worries. I'm just trying to figure out what this system cools. It looks freaking sick. Ben told me for my benefit, I'd have to switch from air to air to air to water, so I'm assuming it's chilling the fluids and not the IAT's. Cus there is no reason for me to move from air to air to water unless this charge system has to do with decreasing fluid temps. Which I get, I'm just trying to figure out how of it works. These computers on the Zl1 are a bitch and tuning is hard once you start maxing out that stock blower. It needs to be cooled and big time to keep it from being a one hit wonder.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #90
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
It cools the fluid in the air/water intercooler system to well below ambient.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #91
Intimidator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
No worries. I'm just trying to figure out what this system cools. It looks freaking sick. Ben told me for my benefit, I'd have to switch from air to air to air to water, so I'm assuming it's chilling the fluids and not the IAT's. Cus there is no reason for me to move from air to air to water unless this charge system has to do with decreasing fluid temps. Which I get, I'm just trying to figure out how of it works. These computers on the Zl1 are a bitch and tuning is hard once you start maxing out that stock blower. It needs to be cooled and big time to keep it from being a one hit wonder.
Definitely not a one hit wonder now...this thing has been beat on all day...no issues at all.
Water temp on my way home at midnight was 49.5 degrees.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:57 AM   #92
kttxz06

Quote:
Definitely not a one hit wonder now...this thing has been beat on all day...no issues at all.
Water temp on my way home at midnight was 49.5 degrees.

Nice. I wonder what the temps would normally be without. Prob double?
Old 09-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #93
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Here is one of our test vehicles, a 2017 LT4 powered Camaro ZL1 with a 15% pulley, headers, etc and this compares the stock heat exchanger system to the chiller with both pulls being from a similar start as you can see the engine coolant is actually a few degrees cooler on the OEM heat exchanger pull vs the chiller pull. The chiller system was actually decreasing the Manifold Air Temps (teal blue line in the top bracket) prior to the pull, limited the total heat entered into the system, and then immediately started bringing it right back down! The OEM hx run had knock and higher boost; however, the chiller with no tuning changes allowed for approx 20whp more with less boost due to the dense air!

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:43 AM   #94
L8ERBRO

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Here is one of our test vehicles, a 2017 LT4 powered Camaro ZL1 with a 15% pulley, headers, etc and this compares the stock heat exchanger system to the chiller with both pulls being from a similar start as you can see the engine coolant is actually a few degrees cooler on the OEM heat exchanger pull vs the chiller pull. The chiller system was actually decreasing the Manifold Air Temps (teal blue line in the top bracket) prior to the pull, limited the total heat entered into the system, and then immediately started bringing it right back down! The OEM hx run had knock and higher boost; however, the chiller with no tuning changes allowed for approx 20whp more with less boost due to the dense air!

Can you comment on Intimidator’s earlier post...are the numbers he posted correct?
Old 09-04-2018, 05:33 PM   #95
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
The Boost Freeze Plug and Play Chiller system is ready to go as we're ramping up production now! Also, keep in mind if you're close enough to Cincinnati that you want us to install, we're looking for a few more case studies on Camaros. I'll have my ZR1 chiller going on later this month as well, but would like to get some data on the 1.7L, the Whipple, and any custom air to water setups on Centris too.

The system includes all high quality components including our WEAPON-X center air to water heat exchanger with AN fittings so we can do all high quality braided line, custom insulated coolant expansion tank, etc.

You guys can read all of the details on it here and pre-order one of the first 10 kits in the Group Buy at 20% off by using the code ICECOLD1:
https://weaponxmotorsports.com/produ...12464246423601

System features:
  • Plug and Play hardware for a hassle free installation
  • 100% reversible
  • Requires no tuning changes; however, the PCM calibration can be modified to achieve cooler temps with fan reprogramming as well as more power when temps are under a certain threshold (IAT Advance)
  • Insulated WEAPON-X AC Heat Exchanger unit
  • OEM quality hardware
  • Braided lines and high quality aluminum fittings
  • WEAPON-X*Chiller heat exchanger with AN fittings
  • Thermostat controlled heat exchanger bypass when temperatures are below ambient
  • Cabin diverter for race mode to channel ALL of the refrigerant to the chiller
  • Controller for Temperature monitor and custom programming settings
  • Insulated Coolant expansion tank to store extra BTU capacity
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #96
Intimidator

Everyone should know that like most, we are in another Heatwave here in Ohio...temps are in the low to mid 90's, with extremely high humidity...the high pressure system is sitting right on top of us. The heat index has been 100 degrees, Schools closing early/etc.
I have been pushing the car hard, throughout the day after work in the Heat of the day, to be able to drive it better with the added HP.
The water temp gauge went over 64 degrees once while driving, and dropped back down. normal driving temps are in the upper 50's...it's hit the upper 40's a couple times at night!
My Car runs Fantastic...hit after hit!
Old 09-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #97
Intimidator

On my way home from work!
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #98
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
So you went from $1600-1999 to almost $3000 now. Not interested. Additionally the data posted earlier by Intimidator is not impressive as under load he quoted normal temps. I could care less what the temps are cruising. Perhaps he posted incorrect data?
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiller, cooling, heat exchanger, hex, pulley