#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #225
Rommel

Drives: 19 zl1
I've been through similar situations.
Two come to mind....

Way back in the year 2000 the hot new bike to come out was the RC51. April comes.....waiting. come to find out my dealer didn't have an allotment. Basturds.

Fast forward January of 2001. Hot new car coming out was the new Z06. First year back. Ordered it.....
Wait wait wait. Got tired of waiting so went with a regular vette.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #226
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
I have been thinking of maybe getting something else too. But I can’t think of anything. The Viper ACR would be sweet, but it’s just a bit TOOOO much. I wear cowboy boots most days so the whole European thing is out. And I’m too big for the vette and most classic muscle cars are also too small as well, trust me I tried.

So we wait...

Last edited by North of You; 03-25-2019 at 04:24 PM.
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #227
Rommel

Oh I'll be waiting for this one. Even as frustrating as i know things can get. Its the only thing out there i want.

Yes i drove a viper a number of years back... Too small for me completely. No leg room etc
Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #228
Sibze

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
I'm in the same boat. I honestly wish there was another car I liked as much. I'd love to cancel my order and share with GM how horrible their ordering experience is.
Sibze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #229
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
I’m feeling the same as the rest of you. I have been wracking my brain looking back into other brands feeling like this entire order experience has been pure garbage.

Problem is, nothing at this price point even comes close to competing in my mind, maybe I am wrong but I can’t find anything that competes for power/performance/looks at this price point.

I know the wait will be worth it but this is seriously ridiculous
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:12 PM   #230
wnyzl11le

Drives: 2019 zl1 1le
Quote:
I've been through similar situations.
Two come to mind....

Way back in the year 2000 the hot new bike to come out was the RC51. April comes.....waiting. come to find out my dealer didn't have an allotment. Basturds.

Fast forward January of 2001. Hot new car coming out was the new Z06. First year back. Ordered it.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post
I have been thinking of maybe getting something else too. But I can’t think of anything. The Viper ACR would be sweet, but it’s just a bit TOOOO much. I wear cowboy boots most days so the whole European thing is out. And I’m too big for the vette and most classic muscle cars are also too small as well, trust me I tried.

So we wait...
Quote:
Oh I'll be waiting for this one. Even as frustrating as i know things can get. Its the only thing out there i want.

Yes i drove a viper a number of years back... Too small for me completely. No leg room etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
I'm in the same boat. I honestly wish there was another car I liked as much. I'd love to cancel my order and share with GM how horrible their ordering experience is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post
I’m feeling the same as the rest of you. I have been wracking my brain looking back into other brands feeling like this entire order experience has been pure garbage.

Problem is, nothing at this price point even comes close to competing in my mind, maybe I am wrong but I can’t find anything that competes for power/performance/looks at this price point.

Why not blast them on social media or all get together and speak to the GM rep locally? I am sure that if enough people blast them they will do something. I could also be wrong.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:18 PM   #231
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritesh View Post

I agree.
I just got off the phone with my sales manager. I was tempted to tell him I’m gonna put a down payment on a new Hellcat Charger and whichever comes in first I get. But I didn’t. I figured I would get the same answer as you guys.
Believe it or not I feel if all of us are in this boat we are all gonna get our cars.

I truly believe that. When I spoke to him I reminded him that he told me mid March he would know something. He denied then said he said mid to late March.
I called him on that. I’m surprised I kept my cool. But I like the guy.
Anyhow. He said he would let me know when he hears anything.
I said ok then email me. His reply was “No I’ll be calling”.
We’ll see.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #232
Sibze

Scottyz, do you have a TPW? Sorry, trying to learn everyone's name.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #233
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I’ll be checking in again Friday afternoon, no news and good news I’ll post on here with it again. My worry is I have a trip planned and if this car keeps getting pushed back it won’t be here in time to make it in and out of paint protection before I leave. I don’t want it sitting around outside the PPF shop or then moving it around in and out for days until I get back.
19Nasty1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:51 AM   #234
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
Scottyz, do you have a TPW? Sorry, trying to learn everyone's name.
No. Thats why I phoned my sales manager yesterday. I was told he would know something by mid March.
Mid March to me is the 15th. Well I gave them 10 extra days. Still no answers as to a TPW.
I’m surprised he said to me “We won’t know anything until Mid March” all these times I’ve inquired and then yesterday he says “I didn’t say that”
WTF!!!!!
Are you facking kidding me!!!!!
Do you seriously think I would bullshit about that????
I somehow kept my cool cause I like the guy. But I made it very clear he said that.
I think he forgets how much this car means to me and that I’m not some regular customer who walks in and figures they’ll buy a ZL1 1LE today.
Yeah.....right.... I might have to remind them that they did not even know what a ZL1 1LE was.
Maybe they bullshitted me about not knowing what one is.
Who knows.
I continue to wait.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:22 AM   #235
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
I’ll be checking in again Friday afternoon, no news and good news I’ll post on here with it again. My worry is I have a trip planned and if this car keeps getting pushed back it won’t be here in time to make it in and out of paint protection before I leave. I don’t want it sitting around outside the PPF shop or then moving it around in and out for days until I get back.
Imagine......no car built by the time you leave.
First day on your vacation you see some mexican driving around in a 2019 mosaic black zl1.

Even the mexicans got their zl1s before us lol
Old 03-26-2019, 03:34 AM   #236
19Nasty1le
Craig

Quote:
Imagine......no car built by the time you leave.
First day on your vacation you see some mexican driving around in a 2019 mosaic black zl1.

Even the mexicans got their zl1s before us lol
Pretty sad the US will have ZLE A10s on the road before we have our cars that were ordered months before the A10 was released
Old 03-26-2019, 05:05 AM   #237
19Nasty1le
Craig

Found this, interestingly enough, guess I’m hitting Petro for Ultra94 a lot

2019 Owners Manual PDF: https://my.gm.ca/chevrolet/en/conten..._2018JUN22.pdf
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #238
Sibze

Now this is another thing we get screwed on in Canada. 94 from Petro has ethonal. 91 from Shell doesn't. Have always gone with Shell because of that.