Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #29
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Just exactly what is bitcoin mining?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I remember FenwickHockey65 saying something to me about Bitcoin back in 2012 when it was $100. I said it was a waste of money.

One of the many regrets of my life.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #31
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I remember FenwickHockey65 saying something to me about Bitcoin back in 2012 when it was $100. I said it was a waste of money.

One of the many regrets of my life.
It's on discount right now at $8600. You can buy fractions of the coins.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #32
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I just wish I would have kept my NVIDIA stock a little longer... crypto miners and gamers made it skyrocket! Doubled my money but could have had a ten bagger
Old 02-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #33
LsxDoctor
15 Year LS1Tech Member

Drives: 2010 ss 391ci LS3
Back up past $10k finally. Thankfully I sold my shares before the little crash and still profited. Been reading a lot of articles saying it "should" hit over $100k...
I bought some more at $8.8k fingers crossed.
LsxDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #34
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great place to invest and completely secure.

Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe SN
Old 02-16-2018, 03:26 AM   #35
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Great place to invest and completely secure.

Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe SN
Haha, I would say it is getting better and if you know how to do cold storage you are pretty secure. (obviously, you can do a lot more after that)

But its a pretty interesting area to be in and the gain/loss can be pretty spectacular.

Just do research and only play with money you can afford to set on fire.
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #36
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Haha, I would say it is getting better and if you know how to do cold storage you are pretty secure. (obviously, you can do a lot more after that)

But its a pretty interesting area to be in and the gain/loss can be pretty spectacular.

Just do research and only play with money you can afford to set on fire.

What I did was put in an amount, watched the 25-30% daily return and took out the initial amount. Been living on house money for months now. Cold storage wallet for the longterm holds and it's all set.

I think we're on our way to Bitcoin back near $15,000 within the next month or so. Alt coin season should really get moving in March too.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:06 AM   #37
Deremer

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FeTY View Post

What I take Testogen all the time it was put in an amount, watched the 25-30% daily return and took out the initial amount. Been living on house money for months now. Cold storage wallet for the longterm holds and it's all set.

I think we're on our way to Bitcoin back near $15,000 within the next month or so. Alt coin season should really get moving in March too.
You might be right. Interesting times we live in, man. I wish I went with my gut feeling a year ago and bought more bitcoin. But it's more of a hobby for me now, I'm dealing with small amounts of money just for the heck of it. I enjoy it.

Last edited by Deremer; 10-04-2021 at 06:57 AM.
Deremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #38
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deremer View Post
You might be right. Interesting times we live in, man. I wish I went with my gut feeling a year ago and bought more bitcoin. But it's more of a hobby for me now, I'm dealing with small amounts of money just for the heck of it. I enjoy it.
Isn't that the truth? I got into Litecoin at $21 but sold at $150 a day or two before it hit $394
Old 05-20-2018, 03:06 AM   #39
FightThatRight

Drives: Camaro RS 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post

What I did was put in an amount, watched the 25-30% daily return and took out the initial amount. Been living on house money for months now. Cold storage wallet for the longterm holds and it's all set.

Well, I have to say you prediction was a bit off, but that would be awesome. I am mining via hashflare for quite some time now and even use hashflare coupons
for some additional profit. To be honest, I am currently thinking about cashing all my earnings since the risks are too high already.
FightThatRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #40
lana hippl

Drives: bmw , but would like to own camaro
Tesla for Bitcoins sounds like fantastic. However, Elon Musk is known for his progressive thoughts, so we can hope to see such deals in future. As for the link, I agree that it’s a suspicious and untrusted offer even despite that Tesla models are used. If anybody want to spend Bitcoins on it, better consider more trusted options like trading or cloud mining (the latter features various bonuses, as well: http://hashflarecode.com/ ). Yes, there’s always a risk but the offer from the first post is too strange for me.
lana hippl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #41
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Just a quick personal story. I sold half of my company to invest in building my own token. I won't get too much into it as we are still building out our platform, but I used to dabble in it. Make about $20k. Lost $18k. Made around $9k. Then lost another $20k. Then made another $5k. You get the point. All day trading. I have since gotten out completely.

Take this for what it is. The company who is building my token platform told me if you want to get rich from cyrpto, you need to actually own the token or the company providing the token itself. Not one person withing their community has ever became a millionaire by trading. Nobody. And they build ICO's for a living. So, that is why I have about $1.5 million invested right now into building my own ICO. It was a tough pill to swallow, but we'll raise close to $5m the 1st round and close to $30m the 2nd round, then we'll go public. I own 50% of the company btw. So, we shall see how this plays out in time. We are supposed to go live next month, but don't see it happening until 2019. It never goes as scheduled.

We will be self contained and will have NO attachment to Bitcoin whatsoever. We will have our own wallet and private exchange. And our token can only be used within our own network and through our own service providers.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #42
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.