#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
Moonracer58

Drives: Chevy Impala, Buick LaCrosse
Senior Noob from VA

Hello Camaro enthusiasts,

Back in the day, I owned a 1979 Trans Am, and I loved that car like life itself. Sadly, due to a work layoff I was forced to sell it after only a few shot months of ownership. It has forever been the "one that got away." Family obligations kept me from getting another one and now, they have reached a collector status and way, way out of my budget.
When I turned 50, I bought my first convertible, but all the while I kept looking for another Firebird, but to no avail.
Now as I approach 65, I set out with verve (3/4 life crisis?) to find my dream, but age, price, and my physical size (6'3"/300) keeps me from fitting in many things comfortably.
Much to my surprise, I test drove a 2020 Camaro yesterday. I sat in one at a recent car show but it had the Recaro sport seats and those didn't work for me. But the 2020 had the standard leather and what a difference! Plenty of legroom/ wiggle room and all the toys I've become so accustomed to.

My current 2018 Impala has been a fantastic car for over 50K miles, but the 3.6 in the Camaro would dust my V6 Impala I'm sure. Part of me is sad the Firebird sister ship isn't still in production, and while I surely can't afford a Trans Am conversion from the guy in Florida, I think I could do a few mods to make a Camaro a tasteful love letter to my by-gone dream car.

I look forward to everyones input and information. Thanks for having me aboard!

"It's showtime baby!"
Moonracer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Welcome!
Old 07-19-2023, 08:15 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome!
Old 07-20-2023, 07:04 AM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
A big RVA welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 07:33 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!