Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #1
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
Hopeful Chevy convert

Hello Camaro6,

Hard for me to believe, but I placed an order for a M6 ZLE mid April. If it works out, I'll be crossing over from the blue oval camp. My first car was an 83 Fox with a 4 barrel 5.0 and a 5 speed. It was in good condition, but it was older than I was when I got it, and it started to break pretty quickly with miles. The first time I took it to a mechanic they quoted me 500 dollars to do a tune up. Being a broke teenager that was pretty much the genesis of me learning how to wrench.

Loved that car. Like many a young and dumb, I had delusions of grandeur, and overmodified it to the point where it was just a more unreliable death trap. I tarped over the money pit, and to this day it is still waiting for the motivation to resume shoveling money into it.

One day I was swapping supercharger belts and my cousin pulls up in a new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 RS. I was legit ROFL at him, but a ride through the canyons and I was hooked. I have 2 now, a reasonably (self) modified 2003 Evo 8 (E85, HKS turbo, Cams, Ohlins, + all supporting mods) w/ 180k on the original shortblock. Did all the power mods ~2010 w/ 80k on the motor. The other is a 2011 Evolution MR w/ 130k original miles never modified. The evo's are getting pretty up there in the miles. Paint is basically peeling off the 8 and it needs some legit resto. Luckily I'm on the south west coast and rust is not a thing. Mitsubishi is a sad shadow of its former self and just getting parts is getting pretty difficult. So I've been on the hunt for a replacement DD.

I wanted something more track oriented for my next vehicle, and I was about to pull the trigger on a manual Supra, but then I saw that Chevy was ending the Camaro. That reminded me of the ZLE, and it was something I had neglected to even consider. I had eliminated the Shelby's as a possibility and I thought that was really it for domestics. I started doing my research into the ZLE and just.... wow. I'm just hoping I haven't missed the boat.

TL/DR Hoping to join the bowtie clan, Chevy plz take my money.

Cheers

Mike
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Mike CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 05-12-2023, 12:57 PM   #3
Mike818

Drives: 5.0 Fox, Lancer Evos (8,X),23 ZLE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Mike CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thanks for the greeting

I'm already walking the grounds and making myself comfortable
Mike818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:12 PM   #4
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS