Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2023, 12:29 PM   #1
Lungorthin

Drives: Black 2022 LT1
ZL1 1LE splitter and rocker colors

Hey there, first post
I bought a new black 2022 Camaro LT1 from a local Chevy dealership back in February and recently purchased an Ikon Motorsports ZL1 1LE style bumper and side rockers.

Since it comes unpainted, I was wondering what paint the 1LE uses for its splitter and canards. It's looks like a black satin finish, and I want to match it as close as possible. I'm taking it to the dealership's shop where I purchased the car from to have it painted and installed.

My LT1 came with a 6port vented hood (as seen in pics) and the vents have a satin finish.
So my question is - is the finish on the vents the same as the 1LE? In pictures online, the splitter/canards/rockers look a bit lighter? And also will Chev know the exact color when I take it in or is there a paint code I should have on hand just in case?

Vent closeups

A couple of vents I found online

Last edited by Lungorthin; 05-13-2023 at 01:05 PM.
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Rocker’s and splitter are satin black. Canards are probably also satin black. Paint code I see in searching for Satin Black is W40A848. I would give your local Chevy dealer that paint code and see what they say it is.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 03:13 AM   #3
Lungorthin

What color is the grille? Also satin black, or is it same as the standard grilles like on my LT1?

Edit: Upon further inspection, the canards and grille appear to be a lighter color than the splitter and rockers.

Last edited by Lungorthin; 05-14-2023 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:14 PM   #4
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
This is gone over in good detail already: Paint code for satin black on the 1LE spoiler/mirrors/lip?
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 05:23 PM   #5
Lungorthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
This is gone over in good detail already: Paint code for satin black on the 1LE spoiler/mirrors/lip?
I came across this thread, there were a few different paint codes also mentioned in different threads as well. I've jotted them all down just in case.

My main question being is the LT1 satin black hood vents the same color as the splitter and rockers?
If so it would be easier to match?
Also the canards and grille look like a different color and I dont see them mentioned in other threads. Are they raw plastic? Or same as the LT1 grille?