Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-10-2019, 06:35 AM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Absolutely not! Do not buy this Camaro. Run away and don’t look back!��
Old 12-10-2019, 06:50 AM   #16
LT4Greg

Also, you might check with your insurance company to see if they will insure Lemon/Buy Back branded title vehicles. But if were me I would stay away from the Camaro and keep looking for one that doesn’t have the branded title!
Old 12-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #17
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
What value do you place on peace of mind? Only you can decide if you want to take a chance on buying this car or one like it. You mention keeping this car for a long time but, the previous owner obviously thought the car would not make it long term. Good luck with your decision.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #18
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Id would be the most concerned about when it comes time to sell it etc etc what the impact is going to be on my ability to get out of it later with that title.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #19
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Walk away that car was someones grief. and if the court agreed to the buy back it means the dealer could not fix it.....
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM   #20
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteslayer View Post
Upon looking at the Carfax the car is not branded as a lemon but it is a buyback car as of recently. 11/27/2019 is when the buy back was reported.

A lot of sage advice in this thread. I think people are confused about a rebuilt car vs lemon law. However, you can take advantage of that general ignorance with the dealer to get his price down closer to $20K.

Almost 1/3rd off, with a full warranty remaining, insurable because nothing was 'rebuilt' on the car (duh), is fully functional, no warning lights, no body work at all, etc etc, no. At $20K, its worth more in parts.

Get the car checked out, if no check engine lights and everything works, it may be an awesome deal if you plan to keep a while, especially if you plan to mod it.

EDIT: also, another consideration; the longer you own the car, the less the 'lemon buyback' branding affects the resale value of the car, since its been working well for you since then. That is not the same for re-built which obviously destroys the resale value upfront, and forever.

Last edited by LT4; 12-10-2019 at 10:45 AM.
LT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Almost 1/3rd off, with a full warranty remaining, insurable because nothing was 'rebuilt' on the car (duh), is fully functional, no warning lights, no body work at all, etc etc, no. At $20K, its worth more in parts.
Just because it's insurable... doesn't mean the insurance won't be something ridiculously high. Insurance co want nothing to do with buyback / branded / lemon vehicles.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #22
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
If you are even gonna think about this (which you shouldn’t), you better take it to a very good independent mechanic you trust and have him do a thorough inspection. Inspect everything underneath, run the codes even if there’s no lights, and take it on a comprehensive test drive with him in the car - or even him driving. Listen for suspension rattles, pay attention to alignment, transmission shifting..... go over it with a fine tooth comb front to back, roof to tire.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #23
yoteslayer

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Got ahold of the dealership that is selling the car. Guess I’ll keep looking lmao. It says “vehicle would not move, no rear traction.” And they replaced the starter, how does that even correlate??
Attached Images

yoteslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #24
LT4Greg

It doesn’t correlate in my thinking either! Keep looking as you are bound to find another Camaro that is better than this one and not one with a branded title even though it seems to be a good deal!��
Old 12-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #25
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Lemon laws have nothing to with that. They pertain to the owner of a car not being able to use a car he bought new because its in the shop for x amount of times, or 3 times for the same thing, etc. Nothing to do with safety. That's for recalls.
Oh yes it does! I think we all know what safety recalls are for smart arse. Let me clarify. The previous owner of this vehicle wasn’t simply offered a buyback by the kindness of GM or by the grace of God for just any petty crap. At least here in NJ, it has to be a mechanical issue where you’re likely to be left stranded. You must give the manufacturer at least 3 repair attempts, for a buyback to be even considered. And yes, your safety is key to that final decision here in NJ. No buybacks offered here because of bad paint or cosmetic shit is what I’m trying to say. You may get some monetary compensation if your lucky. You have to go by the NJ lemon law rules here or else you ain’t gettin jack shit!! That vehicle will then be issued a lemon title if it is deemed one and resold here. I don’t know how that works in Florida. YOTESLAYER posted an image of the buyback notice and it clearly states, “ LEMON LAW BUYBACK.”

Last edited by STYLO LT1; 12-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #26
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
No no no. A buyback car has a problem that has resisted being repaired.

Do you want to buy a car or a problem?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #27
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Why would someone want to buy a $20K lemon?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:59 PM   #28
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Wow!
Problem: Vehicle will not move. There is no rear traction.

Repair: Replaced starter.

I can’t believe this🤪
Is that a joke? I’m laughing at the complaint and also that all it needed was a starter.

Certainly not the way it goes up where I live. Very very rarely is there a buyback.

Myself I don’t think I would be comfortable buying a buyback car and I’m a seasoned licensed tech who worked for both GM and Ford.
But… if this did turn out that all it was was the starter you would laughing all the way to the bank.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote