Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 11-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Beginner hp tuners issue

Hey guys, I went to put a tune on my car and a licensing window popped up. I picked the car for 4 credits leaving the single one alone, then i hit write. Well, silly me, it was still the stock file, so nothing happened. I loaded up the right file and go to write, and vehicle licensing pops back up again, but now only that single credit is an option, the car option is gone, and I cannot write a file. Do I need to buy a 5th credit for this gm_fscm_f to flash my car?
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Hey guys, I went to put a tune on my car and a licensing window popped up. I picked the car for 4 credits leaving the single one alone, then i hit write. Well, silly me, it was still the stock file, so nothing happened. I loaded up the right file and go to write, and vehicle licensing pops back up again, but now only that single credit is an option, the car option is gone, and I cannot write a file. Do I need to buy a 5th credit for this gm_fscm_f to flash my car?
If you want to flash the FSCM as well, it is one additional credit. You can flash just the ECM with 4 credits and it’s 4 more to do the TCM (plus a physical unlock by HP Tuners). So 9 credits *total* for a ‘17-up.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you want to flash the FSCM as well, it is one additional credit. You can flash just the ECM with 4 credits and it’s 4 more to do the TCM (plus a physical unlock by HP Tuners). So 9 credits *total* for a ‘17-up.
I never bought the credit for the FSCM. IIRC, isn’t there something you can’t do with the FSCM? In other words you can’t read the stock FSCM file and need to get a repository file to modify and write it after modifying?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
You can't write to your car unless you read your cars file first. Did you do that? or did you have a file open from another car and attempted to write it to yours?
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
Booher

I read the car, sent the file to janetty and they sent me a file to upload to the car. When I went to flash it, it was on stock file from the car and nothing happened. I'm a manual, so should be 4 possibly 5. So, do I have to unlock fscm to write a file to my car? The option to write to the car dissapeared after I applied my 4 credits towards it and only the fscm or whatever is visible for unlock for 1 credit. Whenever I hit write in hp tuners, this icensing window pops up and nothing happens. I hope that makes sense.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:43 PM   #6
Trochoidal

I follow along after I read what you wrote a few times.

This is a long shot but is your internet connection active while you’re trying to write?

Also when you’re writing the VIN on the screen should show your car. There’s no reference to the credits at this point.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I never bought the credit for the FSCM. IIRC, isn’t there something you can’t do with the FSCM? In other words you can’t read the stock FSCM file and need to get a repository file to modify and write it after modifying?
Not sure what you’re asking. I read my stock FSCM program, modified it, and flashed it in after spending another credit.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Had to look for it but this was what I was talking about in this post. The statement of "Supplied stock file" and “......as the actual file from your car can not be read via the OBD” may be throwing me off.

Talk to me Josh, did I confuse myself?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519040

Old 11-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #9
Booher

Yah sorry hard to explain lol, yes, I have wifi in that location, good idea though. So you're saying it takes 5 credits to tune? When i first hit write, a window popped up, it showed the car and 4 credits cost, then another thing that cost one credit, I had 4 available. I used those 4 to license the car, but now when I hit write, the single credit item is popping up, so I cant put the tune in. Do I need to purchase a 5th credit to license that as well in order to put the tune on the car?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:59 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Yah sorry hard to explain lol, yes, I have wifi in that location, good idea though. So you're saying it takes 5 credits to tune? When i first hit write, a window popped up, it showed the car and 4 credits cost, then another thing that cost one credit, I had 4 available. I used those 4 to license the car, but now when I hit write, the single credit item is popping up, so I cant put the tune in. Do I need to purchase a 5th credit to license that as well in order to put the tune on the car?
If they made adjustments to the FSCM in your tune (non-stock file) then yes you will need to buy the extra 1 credit to write to your car. A lot of tuners do that because of how bad the voltage drops between shifts on the fuel pressure.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:22 AM   #11
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
I read the car, sent the file to janetty and they sent me a file to upload to the car. When I went to flash it, it was on stock file from the car and nothing happened. I'm a manual, so should be 4 possibly 5. So, do I have to unlock fscm to write a file to my car? The option to write to the car dissapeared after I applied my 4 credits towards it and only the fscm or whatever is visible for unlock for 1 credit. Whenever I hit write in hp tuners, this icensing window pops up and nothing happens. I hope that makes sense.
If they made changes to you FMIC then yes you will need to license it. Once you do that you should be able write to the computer
Old 11-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #12
Booher

He never told me that he was tuning that as well, but that may be the case. His response was that I need to buy another credit to unlock the fscm to write my tune. So I'll be messing with it again after work today, thanks for the help, hopefully should be self explanatory from here.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:36 AM   #13
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Had to look for it but this was what I was talking about in this post. The statement of "Supplied stock file" and “......as the actual file from your car can not be read via the OBD” may be throwing me off.

Talk to me Josh, did I confuse myself?

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519040
Maybe it was due to an older version of HPT at the time that thread was created. But you can certainly read, edit, and flash your actual FSCM file through the ALDL port just like you do with the ECM.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #14
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
When you first read your tune you are supposed to select do not read on the trans and fpcm. This way they only ask you for the 4 credits for modifying the ecm. Always keep these tunes separate. Let's say you decide to tune the trans. Go back and just read the trans tune and keep it as a separate file.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote