Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Incorrect TPS %?

I am trying to dial in (with some help) my 2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Mods on the car are a flex fuel kit, e80 mix in the tank currently, a ported throttle body (based off a stock LT1 unit), and a ported factory LT1 intake manifold. I am trying to fix a problem with my throttle position sensor, or at least, what the sensor is reporting. When I go full throttle, the TPS will only show a maximum of 39.2% (channel 2111). The car does not feel slow or feel like the TB is being limited. The torque tables have all been raised to compensate for the modifications, as well as the Driver Demand Map A and the Peak Torque table, so the torque tables are not being exceeded and the throttle not being limited because of it. The torque outputs all show that the car is making power. If I turn the ignition on (engine off) and move the throttle blade by hand, the maximum % that the TPS shows when the throttle body is wide open is 40%, so I believe that the throttle is opening all the way as commanded by the accelerator, but the sensor is returning the wrong value, or the scanner is not interpreting the data correctly. If I push the throttle all the way closed by hand, the TPS will show 0%. It will sit at about 11% with no input from me. I don't have any drive-ability issues at part or full throttle, in fact, its very smooth and predictable. Could anyone shed some light on what may be wrong? I've attached the log of me opening the throttle by hand (.hpl files are not allowed here, so change the .txt to .hpl), and can provide the current tune on the car if needed.

Last edited by Z0Tex; 11-01-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Z0Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I can not see your log, but it sound like you are logging accelerator position, instead of throttle position. Typically it ready 40% at WOT. Throttle should read between 86-99%. Also, you can damage the stepper motor by manually forcing the throttle open and closed by hand.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I can not see your log, but it sound like you are logging accelerator position, instead of throttle position. Typically it ready 40% at WOT. Throttle should read between 86-99%. Also, you can damage the stepper motor by manually forcing the throttle open and closed by hand.
Accelerator position and throttle position are both being logged. The channel ID for TPS that I am using is 2111. Here is a screen cap from the last drive log I did. At WOT, TPS is only showing a maximum of 39.2%, but the throttle, I'm convinced, is open fully (98-100%).
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Huh, strange. Mine is the opposite.
Attached Images

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 10-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #5
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
You have a few variables, A throttle body, tuning, and not enough info. I was troubleshooting my early mph tps pull back and was cruising through the neigbrhood. anyways you don't post the speed either. for me i was testing Torque Brake mgmt for a manual trans. (? ) the only thing that points to my problematic 7-12 mph TPS pull back. For you its either in the torque tables or something with the TB calibration.

try to narrow it down:

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...tm_general.htm

heres a shot of pretty standard tps pids for reference:
Attached Images

wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Issue resolved. Turns out it was the wrong TPS% channel that was being logged. I logged every available throttle position channel and accelerator pedal position channel available and found the correct one.

Old 11-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Awesome man!!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----