Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-11-2019, 10:58 PM   #29
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donrican View Post
So I guess I have 1 of 622 verts? I wonder how many were nightfall gray... if the percentage holds up I think it’s about 77.
Yep around 70-80 is the ballpark based on color percentages.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...39&postcount=7
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #30
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would say that the first year ZL1 production(2017)was the lowest production(3048)and also being the 50 year anniversary made them sort of rare in my thinking!
Old 12-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #31
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Yep around 70-80 is the ballpark based on color percentages.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...39&postcount=7
Wow! So there should be only 12 ZL1 NFG convertible autos! Autos make up only 6% of the verts. I have one of 12?

How do they make an enthusiast car and not give concrete production data? I don’t understand GM...
Old 12-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

How do they make an enthusiast car and not give concrete production data? I don’t understand GM...
They do and I still plan to follow up but if you look on the Camaro 5 side the lists are very complete. Once the Fbodfather retired the car count stuff kind of bounced around to a couple different folks and our main contact moved away from Camaro. I still think we can get the 6th Gen side up to date for 2018 and 2019.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #33
Todd'ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 vert
One of the 12 club!

Cool info, thanks for digging it up!
Attached Images

Todd'ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 11:20 PM   #34
G37Sam

Drives: 2019 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
I don't think GM understands you either. What does a vehicles "concrete production data" have anything to do with car enthusiasm?

I like the car because of the way it drives/sounds/looks etc. What difference does 1000 or 10000 or 100000 units produced make to you?
Old 12-21-2019, 02:43 AM   #35
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
G37Sam- I think with most of us who are interested in production numbers would like to know purely from an interesting/cool extra piece of info that makes the way it drives/sounds/looks etc. that much better (kinda like a cherry on top if you will). Almost like just one more thing that makes the car that much cooler. I know I always appreciate going to car shows like Woodward or Back to the Bricks (both here in Michigan) and if I see a car where the owner has a info board next to their car explaining their car was # x car out of Y made in that color, with that trans, etc. it just adds to the appreciation/cool factor for me.

Personally speaking, I certainly don't need to know from a resale value/investment standpoint as my ZLE is my dream car that I plan on one of my family members possibly selling, God willing many many years from now, when I'm 6 feet under the ground. Would I like to know just how many 2020 Black coupe Camaro ZL1 1LEs are made with the M6 trans and the options I ordered sometime in 2021 sure, that would be pretty cool. I won't be heartbroken and the car won't be any less special if I don't ever find out though.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #36
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
What does a vehicles "concrete production data" have anything to do with car enthusiasm?
After looking at this link, I can safely say that my car is roughly 1 of 615. As a car enthusiast, I understand it doesn't mean my car is worth anymore than another 2018 ZL1 with identical (crappy, honestly) options, but it gives me something to talk about other than "650hp, supercharged v8, A10, blah blah" when I'm asked what makes my car special at car shows/at my detail shop/etc.

It sounds trivial, but anyone owning a limited production car should have the right to know. If I had a white manual SS, no one would care.

Thanks to you guys for bumping the thread up. It would be cool to see exactly how many cars were made of each color, per trans/1LE options, but at least we are pretty much in the ballpark.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:41 AM   #37
IntimidatorZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
After looking at this link, but it gives me something to talk about other than "650hp, supercharged v8, A10, blah blah" when I'm asked what makes my car special at car shows/at my detail shop/etc.
Harner- Yes, exactly! Info like that, especially at car shows with like minded gear heads find that info interesting and makes for a good story/good conversation! No, our cars aren't an ultra rare, extremely limited production McLaren, Lambo, etc. but it also isn't just a Chevy Cruze either haha.

I was pretty pumped when my salesman had the guys do the PDI but left the plastic on the seats, the "S" sticker was left on the windshield from the factory, and in the front passenger seat was what looked to me to be a build sheet of sorts with all kinds of codes that (my best educated guess) travel with the car down the assembly line as it was being built. Kept all of that stuff. Just cool extras that help remind me how special it was to order and take delivery of the car I had worked and saved so many years for.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #38
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatorZ View Post
I was pretty pumped when my salesman had the guys do the PDI but left the plastic on the seats, the "S" sticker was left on the windshield from the factory, and in the front passenger seat was what looked to me to be a build sheet of sorts with all kinds of codes that (my best educated guess) travel with the car down the assembly line as it was being built. Kept all of that stuff. Just cool extras that help remind me how special it was to order and take delivery of the car I had worked and saved so many years for.
The dealership honored my request in that regard as well. My car came with the plastic still on the exterior, plastic on the seats, etc. They didn't even drill the license plate holes! It was an awesome experience to bring the car home and spend about 25 hours polishing and ceramic coating the car before it had any real miles on it. I didn't have the assembly line document or the S sticker, but I definitely could see where the sticker was.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #39
IntimidatorZ

Yep! lol I had to drill the license plate holes myself too! Had plastic on the bottom of the inside of the doors I had to take off. It was really a cool experience! This was my first ordered car and getting to take off all the plastic and such made it feel like opening up a Christmas present in September lol.

Too funny, I too drove the car home from the dealership, where it sat in my garage until I could wash, decontaminate, polish, put 3 coats of wax on her, installed front and rear rock guards, before the tires touched the street
Old 02-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #40
Boricua24

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
So how many 2019 ZL1 1LE were produced? Don't care much about automatic since I own the manual... But would love to know the numbers for the 2019's
Boricua24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #41
Blaziann124

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
After looking at this link, I can safely say that my car is roughly 1 of 615. As a car enthusiast, I understand it doesn't mean my car is worth anymore than another 2018 ZL1 with identical (crappy, honestly) options, but it gives me something to talk about other than "650hp, supercharged v8, A10, blah blah" when I'm asked what makes my car special at car shows/at my detail shop/etc.

It sounds trivial, but anyone owning a limited production car should have the right to know. If I had a white manual SS, no one would care.

Thanks to you guys for bumping the thread up. It would be cool to see exactly how many cars were made of each color, per trans/1LE options, but at least we are pretty much in the ballpark.
I feel this. It's so redundant talking about the normal specs. If they know cars, they know that info.
Blaziann124 is offline   Reply With Quote