Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
my procharger went on in a day, meth kit and cosmetic stuff the next day, tuned the following day, 230whp in a weekend.

I highly doubt a turbo kit with a decent amount of relocation is even comparable.

I'd leave this one to your local horsepower gurus.
That just depends on the tools used and skill level of the person doing it. If you are just relocating stuff around and bolting stuff on, it's not that hard compared to fabrication.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #16
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION TURBO View Post
From what we understand just a manifold change. We have one coming in soon that we will document and have a complete kit for.
Do you guys have any details on the "Screamer" compressor covers?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #17
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
Do you guys have any details on the "Screamer" compressor covers?

Hello.

The HLX "screamer covers" are a $898 option for both turbos.

They have an increased sound and whistle, along with increasing the overall power availability when the system is turned up.
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #18
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION TURBO View Post
Hello.

The HLX "screamer covers" are a $898 option for both turbos.

They have an increased sound and whistle, along with increasing the overall power availability when the system is turned up.
Any sound clips yet?
Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #19
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Here's a newb question. What's a safe level of boost for these cars when you add a blower and without any other real changes?
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #20
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
I am hoping I'll be able to snag this kit by this time next year. Always wanted a turbo V8!
Old 12-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
Risky Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
Here's a newb question. What's a safe level of boost for these cars when you add a blower and without any other real changes?
If it is anything like the LS1, then I think around 7PSI. But the LT1 has higher compression from what I hear (haven't verified), so probably less than that to be safe. Some drop in lower compression forged pistons and some forged rods...that I would be curious about.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #22
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
If it is anything like the LS1, then I think around 7PSI. But the LT1 has higher compression from what I hear (haven't verified), so probably less than that to be safe. Some drop in lower compression forged pistons and some forged rods...that I would be curious about.
Thanks.

When I watch the Hellion install video, they go up to 9 psi on the "shop car." I was uncertain if the shop car was basically unmodified or if there were mods allowing it to go that high. Or is it that they were just doing a couple dyno runs and they weren't concerned with any damage to the engine?

From the show 533(hp/tq?) at 4psi, 559hp/565tq at 7psi, 615hp/620tq at 9 psi.

The Hellion Kit looks awesome and seems to have a lot of potential to grow but I'm curious as to what "safe performance" someone should expect with just the kit alone without additional upgrades.

Given that heavy upfront investment, it'd probably be a while before most of us could consider making other changes to exploit this kit's greater potential.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #23
Risky Justice

Quote:
Thanks.

When I watch the Hellion install video, they go up to 9 psi on the "shop car." I was uncertain if the shop car was basically unmodified or if there were mods allowing it to go that high. Or is it that they were just doing a couple dyno runs and they weren't concerned with any damage to the engine?

The Hellion Kit looks awesome and seems to have a lot of potential to grow but I'm curious as to what "safe performance" someone should expect with just the kit alone without additional upgrades.

Given that heavy upfront investment, it'd probably be a while before most of us could consider making other changes to exploit this kit's greater potential.
Well, I think it comes down to risk mitigation. Not every engine is 100% the same, so there is a margin of error when figuring out the limits of a component. The biggest thing is that the factory rings aren't meant for that sort of cylinder pressure. Also, the question of is the car your daily driver or a toy is an important consideration.

Turbocharging isn't cheap, so I think it's great that this kit can make real usable power for an otherwise factory car, but also make 1,200+ when you have the supporting mods. Not having to worry about upgrading turbos or manifolds, etc in the future is great. I'll probably install the drop in rods/pistons when I do my install anyway though, just because I want to get it out of the way. Still going to start slow so I don't kill myself though
Old 12-03-2017, 11:52 PM   #24
gippy87

Drives: 2016 2ss
Will this be offered with or without a tune?
gippy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #25
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Hello.

Using stock injectors we can put anywhere from 3 to 6 psi very easily. In upwards of 9 the stock fuel injectors and pump are at their limit.

Quote:
Thanks.

Hello. The car in the video is bone stock. We wanted to show what an unmodified vehicle would do. The great thing is the system can go above this later, so if fuel system upgrades are made, the power can increase without a hardware change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gippy87 View Post
Will this be offered with or without a tune?
Currently it is offered as a tuner kit with no tune. We have a great dealer /dyno network, and we can recommend tuners in your area.

Team Hellion
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #26
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
You guys want to sponsor a car?
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote