Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
1LE \ ZL1 Fuel Pump (Tank)

I keep asking this question in the middle of other fuel system discussions and never get this question answered.

I'm also inquiring internally within GM to find this out.

Has anyone found out whether the 1LE really does have the ZL1 pump in the tank? It really would be nice to know.

I've seen the topic raised several times but no answers.

Thoughts/Info?

Saw this thread:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=477429&page=2

Is this TRUE like 100% confirmed?
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #2
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Ask ThatGMPartsGuy to look up the part numbers for the two. Or go to your local dealership and have them look up the numbers.

Chevy's marketing info says the V6 1LE gets the SS's fuel pump, but makes no mention of changing the SS 1LE's fueling.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I know you are aware of that I'm one of the sources of this information. I've called my dealers parts and gave them my VIN and they came back with the below part number which matches the ZL1 in tank pump. You can always call with ZL1 VIN and cross reference it but below is another reference of it being the same part number I have for my 1LE. Call them and give them your VIN and ask for the part number for the pump.
Attached Images

2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Thanks guys. Joe that sounds real encouraging... I think I will do just that.

I'm just thinking about the next phase of this build which is next year... if the ZL1 pump is in the tank that is one part I dont need to consider upgrading.
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
Perdieu

Drives: 2017 Nightfall Grey Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Thanks guys. Joe that sounds real encouraging... I think I will do just that.

I'm just thinking about the next phase of this build which is next year... if the ZL1 pump is in the tank that is one part I dont need to consider upgrading.
From everything I've researched it has the ZL1 pump...
Perdieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:40 PM   #6
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Nobody has yet (that I've heard of) lowered the gas tank of a 1LE and verified that the fuel pump says 23377988 on top. We've only heard that it's supposed to have it according to a parts lookup. This number is the actual number on the pump, when you order 23377989 you get a kit which also includes a new o-ring.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Nobody has yet (that I've heard of) lowered the gas tank of a 1LE and verified that the fuel pump says 23377988 on top. We've only heard that it's supposed to have it according to a parts lookup. This number is the actual number on the pump, when you order 23377989 you get a kit which also includes a new o-ring.
I know what I'm not doing just to validate a part number. Lol. Really though.. I think if the 1LE's run into the same fuel wall that the SS's do then there is your answer. I can only say what's reported as well as that I have plenty of fuel well into the 600s on the dyno per my shop. But realistically if a SS owner calls the dealers department and gives there VIN number and it comes back with a different part number then I did then I think you can put this debate to bed.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #8
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
I know what I'm not doing just to validate a part number. Lol. Really though.. I think if the 1LE's run into the same fuel wall that the SS's do then there is your answer. I can only say what's reported as well as that I have plenty of fuel well into the 600s on the dyno per my shop. But realistically if a SS owner calls the dealers department and gives there VIN number and it comes back with a different part number then I did then I think you can put this debate to bed.
Sounds like solid logic to me.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
Krypton1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Krypton Green
Was anyone able to confirm if this is true?
Krypton1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #10
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Yes the Zl1 and 1LE have the same in tank fuel pump.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
Krypton1le

Excellent - getting ready to tune my 1le with lt4 blower - so that's good to know!
Old 03-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #12
misterjaayy

You’ll love it. I also have the LT4 supercharger. It’s definitely a kick in the pants!
Old 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
Krypton1le

Yep I'm getting anxious! I keep adding things to the project that delay my tune date.. Hopefully get it all buttoned up next week so i can start enjoying it - now that this crap north east weather is changing!

What other mods do you have and what sort of hp/tq did you make misterjaay? Also, did you do the install?
Old 03-30-2018, 08:03 PM   #14
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton1le View Post
Yep I'm getting anxious! I keep adding things to the project that delay my tune date.. Hopefully get it all buttoned up next week so i can start enjoying it - now that this crap north east weather is changing!

What other mods do you have and what sort of hp/tq did you make misterjaay? Also, did you do the install?
I just have the Rotofab intake and blower package. Nothing else as of now. I plan on doing some forged pistons and rods and upgrading the fuel system just to be safe since I want to do some road course racing. May also do a cam and pulley upgrade while I’m at it.

I shipped the car out to Texas so Andy could do the install. I’m not nearly mechanically inclined enough to take on a job like that. And I wanted to make sure it was done right. I made 575whp/560torq on 91 octane.